Amazon (5.79kB)
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Prime Members | Extra 20% OFF Select Items at Amazon Warehouse

https://www.amazon.com/Warehouse-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=10158976011 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
20% off Amazon Warehouse items would be swell, but their collection of "Select Items" is pretty anemic.

rated:
Not only that but you find a good juicy deal and it's not marked on the screen itself as Prime 20% off.

Best deal I found was a Kindle Paperwhite 6th gen for 60.29 with 20% off of that.

rated:
Pricing on used items more expensive than brand new ones on sale. My new BD drill was $35, a used one on this "deal" costs $44.
Do your research before you jump.

rated:
Amazon Warehouse has a really bad customer rating for a reason too, and it's not because of their singing voice.

rated:
wizardking said:   Amazon Warehouse has a really bad customer rating for a reason too, and it's not because of their singing voice.

They are just returns, and Amazon doesn't inspect items at all (I'm sure those employees are rated by returns processed / hour vs invalid returns caught). Add to that unscrupulous people will return different model items, etc and then those wrong-model items will be shipped to you. 

On the good side, I've gotten a few things that were flawless condition and markedly cheaper than non Warehouse price.

rated:
Thanks. I snagged 20% off some RAM I needed for a notebook. Great deal.

rated:
Almost roped me into buying a picnic set I didn't need. There are a couple of Samsung TVs that are tempting.

rated:
>> On the good side, I've gotten a few things that were flawless condition and markedly cheaper than non Warehouse price

I've bought maybe ten Amazon Warehouse items over last 5+ years; Everything has been flawless.
They *do* grade the stuff accurately.
Of the ten, one item -a microwave- was damaged in shipping, aggravating, but zero cost to return it.

rated:
A few years ago, I bought a Sony camera (was $1,000 retail) for $649 on warehousedeals.

What arrived was a broken $30 Sony camera. I contacted customer service instantly after opening (I taped the unboxing) and they had me send it back.

I was then accused of theft...contacted Jeff Bezos' office and got it sorted because of my video.

Yeah, careful. I have been very lucky otherwise with warehousedeals, but you will get burned at some point.

rated:
Hopefully you get the size and type you want, it is a lottery. They send stuff sometimes that has nothing to do with descriptions 

rated:
Hmmmm, I have ordered dozens of items from AWD....no issues at all. Items are brand new, perhaps previous returns.

rated:
Last year had a code, so can get 20%+15% off. This year no code?

rated:
coolbreeze said:   I taped the unboxing
Do you tape all unboxings or you had some inkling about this one in particular?

rated:
There are simple and easy ways of cheating with video unboxing, and I am afraid if I my post, the scammers might take advantage and put them use for their nefarious activities.

rated:
Yep...it can be a crap shot. If you are willing to take the risk of time & aggravation it can be worth it. I've bought numerous items 90% of the time, there isn't an issue. I did have this lettuce keeper with a soft rubber lid that I never got...I ordered it, it was sent, but had a small slice in the lid-probably from someone using a box cutter to open, and you could barely see it, but it would defeat the purpose of keeping lettuce longer if it had a hole in the lid...anyway...I returned it, got another sent, same issue returned it and just didn't order another...I figured there might be a whole mess of them that had the same problem.

**They cannot just send you a missing item either-you will have to send the whole thing back if something is missing...which is terrible.

I also ordered a shampooer (at a really great discount) and it came missing the tools. Yep, had to send the whole thing back & have a new one sent-just for the tools...But, the second one was fine and I love it and I'm glad I went thru the trouble.

With shipping paid, it's worth the chance...usually...unless you are in a hurry for it or don't even want to bother with returns.

rated:
I agree, there are couple of Samsung TV deals, are really tempting, specially 4K. Kindle Paperwhite is another one. I am going to keep searching for TV deal. If I find something amazing, will post back.

rated:
good,

rated:
Didn't find anything. I think they want us to buy stuff for higher prices.

rated:
picked up LG V20. I hope it will be fine.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017