• filter:

Kwikset SmartCode SmartKey Satin Nickel Single-Cylinder Motorized Electronic Entry Door Deadbolt $59 at lowes.com

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Great deal! I especially like the auto lock after 30 seconds. Might order a second one at this price. Thanks, OP!

rated:
Order in Venetian  Bronze, Satin Nickel or Lifetime Polished Bronze.  Good deal  

rated:
Plus 11% rebate for the stores in the midwest area.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1577076



 

rated:
Mass Market quality, at least in terms of brass/finish
WAX the surface every 6 months or so to keep it looking good for many many many many many many years.

rated:
frett said:   Great deal! I especially like the auto lock after 30 seconds. Might order a second one at this price. Thanks, OP!
  
I was curious about that.  You leave the door open and in 30 seconds the pin start to slide out?  LOL

rated:
Appelski said:   Mass Market quality, at least in terms of brass/finish
WAX the surface every 6 months or so to keep it looking good for many many many many many many years.

  
why care about waxing the surface when reviews said the internal mechanism got rusted (and broken) by outdoor weather.
 

rated:
Also there $15 off $50 floating around, check other deal sites.

rated:
microkelvin said:   
Appelski said:   Mass Market quality, at least in terms of brass/finish
WAX the surface every 6 months or so to keep it looking good for many many many many many many years.

  
why care about waxing the surface when reviews said the internal mechanism got rusted (and broken) by outdoor weather.
 

I never looked at the reviews.
Using a lock that relies on batteries, so that I need to keep a backup key with me, or hidden somewhere....
Pointless?  Inane? 
What *do* you call someone who will buy "High-Tech" items because ... well, just, because. ???
They're not stupid, ? Compulsive ?

rated:
Appelski said:   
microkelvin said:   
Appelski said:   Mass Market quality, at least in terms of brass/finish
WAX the surface every 6 months or so to keep it looking good for many many many many many many years.

  
why care about waxing the surface when reviews said the internal mechanism got rusted (and broken) by outdoor weather.

I never looked at the reviews.
Using a lock that relies on batteries, so that I need to keep a backup key with me, or hidden somewhere....
Pointless?  Inane? 
What *do* you call someone who will buy "High-Tech" items because ... well, just, because. ???
They're not stupid, ? Compulsive ?

  Kids won't have to carry and keep losing the keys.

rated:
--removed -

rated:
Got one for my Airbnb, makes perfect sense. Also to the guy above, you won't need an extra key because this thing will learn the key you have. It's like a robot from the future.

Also, just fyi, one of the colors is the same price on Amazon. Still the brushed copper looks better.

rated:
Appelski said:   
Using a lock that relies on batteries, so that I need to keep a backup key with me, or hidden somewhere....
Pointless?  Inane? 
What *do* you call someone who will buy "High-Tech" items because ... well, just, because. ???
They're not stupid, ? Compulsive ?


  You obviously do not have children. Say I'm at work, my wife is stuck in traffic on her way home to get my youngest off the bus. Our kid simply enters the code and goes in the house. If she forgets to lock the door behind her, it locks automatically. The battery does not drain instantly and stops the lock from working. It happens gradually and when you notice the bolt is moving slower, you replace the batteries. You can still keep your house key on your keychain. This is just a convenient way for kids to get in--or a house guest, or pet sitter, etc. without having to make extra keys.

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   
frett said:   Great deal! I especially like the auto lock after 30 seconds. Might order a second one at this price. Thanks, OP!
  
I was curious about that.  You leave the door open and in seconds the pin start to slide out?  LOL

  I wondered about that, too. Installed mine this afternoon and it only autolocks if it has been opened from the outside keypad. If you answer the door from the inside and stand there talking to someone, it stays unlocked. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Otherwise you could never leave the door unlocked from the inside--it would always lock itself. You can also disable that feature with a tiny switch. And when you go out through the door and shut it behind you, you simply push the "Lock" button and it instantly locks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lock, appearance and even the wiring. The one installed at my office was just a plastic jacketed wire. This one has a nice mesh covering, like on a good PC power supply. The directions were very clear, too. My only complaint is that the locking procedure is kind of loud. Not horrible, but certainly not quiet. It's not a big deal as we sleep on a different floor, but someone in a nearby bedroom might find this annoying in the early morning hours. Of course it would also prevent a silent re-entry by a teenager past curfew.

rated:
One thing I don't like about this are the two numbers per pad. That's really pointless.

rated:
frett said:   
WorkerAnt said:   
frett said:   Great deal! I especially like the auto lock after 30 seconds. Might order a second one at this price. Thanks, OP!
  
I was curious about that.  You leave the door open and in seconds the pin start to slide out?  LOL

  I wondered about that, too. Installed mine this afternoon and it only autolocks if it has been opened from the outside keypad. If you answer the door from the inside and stand there talking to someone, it stays unlocked. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Otherwise you could never leave the door unlocked from the inside--it would always lock itself. You can also disable that feature with a tiny switch. And when you go out through the door and shut it behind you, you simply push the "Lock" button and it instantly locks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lock, appearance and even the wiring. The one installed at my office was just a plastic jacketed wire. This one has a nice mesh covering, like on a good PC power supply. The directions were very clear, too. My only complaint is that the locking procedure is kind of loud. Not horrible, but certainly not quiet. It's not a big deal as we sleep on a different floor, but someone in a nearby bedroom might find this annoying in the early morning hours. Of course it would also prevent a silent re-entry by a teenager past curfew.

  
so u have to push the lock button everytime u leave the house? that sux. my schlage auto locks every time. in or out.
 

rated:
frett said:   One thing I don't like about this are the two numbers per pad. That's really pointless.
No. It makes it easier to set and memorize your code.

rated:
sepulcher said:   one of the colors is the same price on Amazon.
 

Link?

rated:
The price is now $99 on the website. Just FYI. Guess the same is dead

rated:
doublepost

rated:
microkelvin said:   
frett said:   
WorkerAnt said:   
frett said:   Great deal! I especially like the auto lock after 30 seconds. Might order a second one at this price. Thanks, OP!
  
I was curious about that.  You leave the door open and in seconds the pin start to slide out?  LOL

  I wondered about that, too. Installed mine this afternoon and it only autolocks if it has been opened from the outside keypad. If you answer the door from the inside and stand there talking to someone, it stays unlocked. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Otherwise you could never leave the door unlocked from the inside--it would always lock itself. You can also disable that feature with a tiny switch. And when you go out through the door and shut it behind you, you simply push the "Lock" button and it instantly locks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lock, appearance and even the wiring. The one installed at my office was just a plastic jacketed wire. This one has a nice mesh covering, like on a good PC power supply. The directions were very clear, too. My only complaint is that the locking procedure is kind of loud. Not horrible, but certainly not quiet. It's not a big deal as we sleep on a different floor, but someone in a nearby bedroom might find this annoying in the early morning hours. Of course it would also prevent a silent re-entry by a teenager past curfew.

  
so u have to push the lock button everytime u leave the house? that sux. my schlage auto locks every time. in or out.

  
No, if you have the auto lock feature turned on, it locks after 30 seconds, whether you unlocked it with the pad, the key, or the knob. Frett, I'm not sure why yours is doing what you describe, but according to the instructions, it shouldn't be. WorkerAnt, yes, if you have the auto lock feature turned on and you have the door open, it will attempt to lock after 30 seconds even if the door is open. No big deal, IMO.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017