• filter:

Martin X Series Custom DX1 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar - $399.00 FS @ Musician's Friend - DotD

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Martin X Series Custom DX1 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar - $399.00 FS @ Musician's Friend - DotD

Definitely a cheapy compared to the $800+ Martins, but it does have that Martin tone and a few that I picked up were nearly indistinguishable from any of the sub-$800 Martins. For most people they would be indistinguishable besides looks.

• Body type: D-14
  • Top wood: Sitka Spruce HPL
  • Back & sides: Mahogany HPL
  • Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
  • Body finish:Hand-rubbed Satin
  • Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
  • Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
  • Fingerboard: Black Richlite
  • Neck wood: Birch Laminate
  • Scale length:25.4"
  • Number of frets:20
  • Neck finish: Hand-rubbed Satin
  • Pickup/preamp: No
  • Bridge: Richlite
  • Saddle & nut: White Coriian, Compensated white Tusq

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Dont waste your money on a laminate martin. You can get an all wood Blue Ridge, Eastman or Epiphone Meisterbuilt for this kind of money that will blow this POS away. Its mostly made of glue after all.

rated:
taylor and godin have guitars that i would buy before i went to eastman or the new epis. although, i am sure they are well made

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017