Ebates Super App Sunday - Extra Cash Back Only in the App, Today Only

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

1 (235.42kB)
Disclaimer
Ebates has an APP EXCLUSIVE promotion going on today only. Enjoy extra Cash Back available only in the App. 

Examples:
- Expedía - up to 12% (was 10%)
- Mácys - 11% (10% CB on website)
- GiIt - 9% (8% CB on website)
- Groupón - 9% (6% CB on website)
- Lord & Taylor - 9% (8% CB on website)
- T0MS - 9% (8% CB on website)
- JC Pénney - 7% (6% CB on website)
- KohI's - 7% (6% CB on website)
- MAC - 7% (6% CB on website)
- Under Arm0ur - 7% (6% CB on website)
- AT&T - up to 112.50 (was $75)

You must open the app to see the full list of bonus CB offers. www.ebates.com/mobile.htm 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Permissions list

This app has access to:
Identity

find accounts on the device

Contacts

find accounts on the device

approximate location (network-based)
precise location (GPS and network-based)

Phone

read phone status and identity

Photos/Media/Files

read the contents of your USB storage

Storage

read the contents of your USB storage

Camera

take pictures and videos

Wi-Fi connection information

view Wi-Fi connections

Device ID & call information

read phone status and identity

Other

receive data from Internet
view network connections
control flashlight
full network access
run at startup
use accounts on the device
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping

rated:
Logan71 said:   Permissions list...
 I use a "play phone" for all recreational and non-essential apps. By that I mean a second smartphone that is either not registered with a carrier/has no service or is active on a cheap/free pay as you go MVNO. On this phone I have no contacts, use no emails, and store no other personal info whatsoever, so that is where I install non-critical apps like shopping apps, games, GPT apps, etc., and I don't have to worry about invasive permissions and hackers. I use WiFi for data on it nearly 100% of the time (including public/in-store WiFi without having to care about security breeches... but I don't enter passwords unless on my password protected WiFi at home). I don't carry it with me all of the time, only when I know I need to use the app in store (like Stárbucks or something).

rated:
fivetalents said:   
 I use a "play phone" for all recreational and non-essential apps. By that I mean a second smartphone that is either not registered with a carrier/has no service or is active on a cheap/free pay as you go MVNO. On this phone I have no contacts, use no emails, and store no other personal info whatsoever, so that is where I install non-critical apps like shopping apps, games, GPT apps, etc., and I don't have to worry about invasive permissions and hackers. I use WiFi for data on it nearly 100% of the time (including public/in-store WiFi without having to care about security breeches... but I don't enter passwords unless on my password protected WiFi at home). I don't carry it with me all of the time, only when I know I need to use the app in store (like Stárbucks or something).

Or, you can do what I did and find that Fatcash worked perfectly fine, Ebates "fixed" a system that wasn't broken and additionally requires an extra hassle for me to learn and use, so I choose not to bother with it.  There are enough dumb changes that make things worse as it is (e.g. anything Apple has done since inventing the constantly breaking Lightning cable), without needing to use a "play phone" just to get a few more shekels.  Come to think of it, my Fatwallet app on my iPhone 5s (which I plan to keep for another 4 years, knock on wood) stopped working, too, so I just deleted it a few days ago.  Simplicity is a good thing.   I guess I'm turning into the same sort of curmudgeon as my dad. 

rated:
lousygolfer said:   
fivetalents said:   

Or, you can do what I did and find that Fatcash worked perfectly fine, Ebates "fixed" a system that wasn't broken and additionally requires an extra hassle for me to learn and use, so I choose not to bother with it.  There are enough dumb changes that make things worse as it is (e.g. anything Apple has done since inventing the constantly breaking Lightning cable), without needing to use a "play phone" just to get a few more shekels.  Come to think of it, my Fatwallet app on my iPhone 5s (which I plan to keep for another 4 years, knock on wood) stopped working, too, so I just deleted it a few days ago.  Simplicity is a good thing.   I guess I'm turning into the same sort of curmudgeon as my dad.

So basically, "get off my lawn?" LOL.

I don't blame you as I used to do the same but got tired of missing out on a lot of things I was interested in doing or benefiting from. So, I'm just pointing out an easy solution/option for the initiated (I bought a new $20 smartphone to do this initially but also use my large screen phablet for the same purpose after I finally upgraded after using it as my primary phone for 5 years or so).

To reiterate, I use my "play phone" for a lot more than shopping/deal apps. It's where I install my music apps (iHeart Radio, Pandora), audiobook and kindle reading apps, games (Scrabble, sudoku,Yahtzee, etc.), movie apps (Vudu , Flixster), cable TV app (U-verse), my bible app, and lots more. And I don't have a single worry about paying for data usage or crazy invasive permissions, security weaknesses, stolen data/pictures, etc. The only non-factory app I installed on my "real" phone is the app for my primary bank, but I'll probably move that to the play phone soon too because it just isn't critical and I like my main phone to be as secure as possible. I don't even like installing apps with minimal/no permissions on my main phone. Too muck risk.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017