rated:

K400 (37.28kB)
Disclaimer
Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard - $18.99 FSP @ Best Buy
ReviewTechgageGizmodo

4.5/5 stars with 2,804 reviews

• Logitech Unifying Receiver
  • 33' Wireless Range
  • Req. 2 AA Batteries (18-month battery life)
  • 13.94" x 5.5" x 0.9" ; 13.4-oz.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Works great for htpc or Android box. Range is good...

rated:
This keyboard struggles to work 8 feet from my living room HTPC - even with the transmitter on a USB extension aimed at it.

rated:
davlker said:   This keyboard struggles to work 8 feet from my living room HTPC - even with the transmitter on a USB extension aimed at it.
  It's an RF transmitter, not IR, so line of sight should not be a factor. Assuming you are using fresh batteries my guess is you are experiencing interference with other nearby 2.4ghz wireless devices. If the remote works better using the USB extender it's likely because it moved it further away from the source of the interference. I'd experiment with shifting the transmitter to different locations, away from other RF sources, and not worry about aiming it.

rated:
Does this keyboard work with Amazon Fire TV box?

rated:
exbat said:   
davlker said:   This keyboard struggles to work 8 feet from my living room HTPC - even with the transmitter on a USB extension aimed at it.
  It's an RF transmitter, not IR, so line of sight should not be a factor. Assuming you are using fresh batteries my guess is you are experiencing interference with other nearby 2.4ghz wireless devices. If the remote works better using the USB extender it's likely because it moved it further away from the source of the interference. I'd experiment with shifting the transmitter to different locations, away from other RF sources, and not worry about aiming it.

Great advice!  This keyboard has always worked great for me and after thinking about it mine has always been far away from other wireless devices. I could imagine though people who have Comcast with that giant box next to their TV or something like that or who just happen to have their router nearby having issues. I know that while using a WIFI adapter for my PC (begrudgingly, always been a CAT cable guy) my Logitech unifying receiver has fits when the mouse gets more than about 2 feet away but it's also the same distance to the WIFI adapter. Hadn't really put 2 and 2 together on that for some reason.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017