• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

48-Count Quilted Northern Double Roll Toilet Paper
$15.71
https://www.amazon.com/Georgia-Pacific-Corporation-Quilted-Northern/dp/B01HSMVDTE

Temporarily out of stock. 
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Member Summary

Quilted Northern Toilet Paper (37.06kB)
Thanks anticlawson
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If one means Amazon no one in the world would equate that to Big A

yesidonoitall (Jul. 30, 2017 @ 6:44p) |

There's a Big G so why not Big A? Both are 800 pound gorillas.

therugsucker (Jul. 31, 2017 @ 12:16p) |

Rats again! They never got it in stock and cancelled everybody's orders. This is the second  Amazon wild goose Chase for... (more)

sloppy1 (Aug. 06, 2017 @ 11:51a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Brand Name: Quilted Northern Soft and Strong
Product Type: Toilet Paper
Number of Rolls: 4 roll x 12
Number of Sheets per Roll: 190 sheet
Assembled Height: 4 in.
Color Family: White
Number of Plys: 2
Area per Roll: 107.6 sq. ft.

Those are the specs they listed.
I think this a little misleading by Amazon since these are usually the older version specs.
The new specs on all these Northern TPs are 176 sheets per roll.
So I weighed 4 rolls that I have = 11.7 oz
11.7 oz  for 4 x 12 = ~142 oz/16 oz per lb = ~8.8 lbs
They list 10 lbs for their product.
Thus they are describing the 190 sheet rolls, not the 176 sheet rolls that they will probably really send you.

(Yes, I am a little obsessive-compulsive).

rated:
I like to compare TP by price per square meter: a good price is 30 cents/sq. m

This package has 4*107.6 square feet

So total area for package in sq. meters is 4*107.6*(12/39.37)^2  =  40 sq. m (12 inches/ft and 39.37 in/m)

1571 cents/40 sq. m = 39.3 cents/sq m

So-so deal although it is double-ply so that counts for something

rated:
You guy's precise numerical analysis got my attention. Upon further inspection of the product page on big A I saw that the regular price was $85.76 and will be saving $70.06. That sealed the deal for me, I hit that buy button right away...I mean you don't get to save $70 on buttwipes everyday.

rated:
Out of stock

rated:
Their purple package is 3 ply, far better that the 2

rated:
Who the hell buys TP through the mail?

rated:
Onenote said:   I like to compare TP by price per square meter: a good price is 30 cents/sq. m

This package has 4*107.6 square feet

So total area for package in sq. meters is 4*107.6*(12/39.37)^2  =  40 sq. m (12 inches/ft and 39.37 in/m)

1571 cents/40 sq. m = 39.3 cents/sq m

So-so deal although it is double-ply so that counts for something

There are 48 rolls here, not 4 rolls, so I think your math is off by a factor of 12.  

rated:
atikovi said:   Who the hell buys TP through the mail?
  Me. Why drive 40 miles or pay the price of the only grocery store in town when I can get it delivered to my door for less.
80 roll case every month or two for my restaurant and whatever I can find a good deal on for myself.

rated:
  Who?
Those  smart enuf
to save money....

rated:
  In case you didn't know, big A sells everything under the sun even something you're going to use on where the sun don't shine.  

rated:
If you're out of TP, are you really going to wait on an order to be shipped to you, or just go to the store and pick up a pack? And how can it be any cheaper when shipping such a large item is taken into account? The last time I bought TP, I think I got Charmin Mega roll 48 roll equivalent on sale for $13.74 at the local supermarket.

rated:
atikovi said:   If you're out of TP, .......

Who runs out?

rated:
Local supermarkets sometimes have this same item on sale for $5.00 for 12 double rolls  = $20 for 48 double rolls of this same brand.
Sometimes Staplez has this same brand on sale for ~$18-19 for 48 double rolls.
Therefore this Amason price is an unbeatable great buy for this particular brand!

rated:
Atikovi said "If you're out of TP, are you really going to wait on an order to be shipped to you, or just go to the store and pick up a pack? ...."

So you would rather personally go to your local supermarket and pickup a huge 48 double rolls package instead of having it delivered to your front door?

rated:
So how does Amazon do it? Shipping alone costs them as much as what they are selling the product for.

rated:
sloppy1 said:   So you would rather personally go to your local supermarket and pickup a huge 48 double rolls package instead of having it delivered to your front door?
  You shouldn't be embarrassed at having a large package of TP in your shopping cart.

rated:
First, amason gets special pricing from the manufacturer due big volume.
Second, amason get manufacturer to ship it right to many amason warehouses that are close to most cities.
Therefore, amason only has to ship it a few miles and additionally, amason gets very special ups/fedex rates.

rated:
therugsucker said:   
  In case you didn't know, big A sells everything under the sun even something you're going to use on where the sun don't shine.  

What is Big A?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:     What is Big A?
  Let's see, what company starting with A is in the title of this thread and discussed in the posts?  Could it be Amazon

On another note, I put in for purchase of this item from the Big A.  It's not expired according to Amazon. just temporarily out of stock.

rated:
If one means Amazon no one in the world would equate that to Big A

rated:
There's a Big G so why not Big A? Both are 800 pound gorillas.

rated:
Rats again! They never got it in stock and cancelled everybody's orders. This is the second  Amazon wild goose Chase for me in a month.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017