• filter:

Onkyo TX-NR656 7.2-channel Home Theater Receiver - $399.99 w/ FS @ Crutchfield

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Onkyo TX-NR656 7.2-channel Home Theater Receiver - $399.99 w/ FS @ Crutchfield

Crutchfield was an Onkyo 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver for $399.99 with free shipping. This beats the Amazon 3rd party price by $100. It has 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 150 reviews.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anyone knows if a refurbished one is as good? Found $100 cheaper for a refurbished.

rated:
I've bought Onkyo for years and sad to say never again. The quality has declined in each generation.

rated:
Toddler said:   I've bought Onkyo for years and sad to say never again. The quality has declined in each generation.

Which brand is better then?

rated:
Yamaha.

rated:
fatweah said:   Anyone knows if a refurbished one is as good? Found $100 cheaper for a refurbished.

I've had both new and refurb Onkyos, and noticed zero difference.  

rated:
Can be had for $299 if you wait. I got mine a few months ago at Best Buy for $299. I have bought refurbished Onkyo's in the past with no issues. I agree, their quality isn't what it once was, and perhaps dollar for dollar, Yamaha is better. But if you can get this for $299, Yamaha's $300 receiver won't be nearly as good. Believe me, I researched the heck out of it before purchasing. If you have the money, Marantz (and higher) is the way to go. But for an Average Joe like me, this isn't bad.

rated:
fatweah said:   Anyone knows if a refurbished one is as good? Found $100 cheaper for a refurbished.
The difference is refurbished as 1 year warranty and new has 2 year warranty. My last unit was a refurbished one and I had it for 5 years before I started having a audio issue with the HDMI ports. Unit still works just unable to use HDMI audio have to use coaxial or optical. I replaced it with a Onkyo TX-NR757 which I love. Picked it up on sale at Newegg a few months back for $499 plus received a $100 Newegg gift card.

rated:
The last three Onkyos I have owned all had various HDMI issues. My most recent unit won't work with a PS4, it's a handshake issue and so it's the only device out of about 6 that I have to go direct into the TV and thus my sound is jacked as well. And on other sources, there's an always-present hissing. It was one of the higher end units too, the first with Dolby Atmos. I suffer through because it's what I own, but I'll replace it with a Yamaha.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017