• filter:

MOTO G5 Plus $199.99 / $249.99 @ B&H Photo

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
This is the first time I've seen these discounted (other than the Amazon  ones with advertising).  I wonder if this is because the G5S models have been announced.

Offer ends: Aug 4 '17 at 2:59 am ET

No sales tax collected outside of NJ and NY.

Moto G5 Plus XT1687 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Lunar Gray) $249.99  

Moto G5 Plus XT1687 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Fine Gold) $249.99 

Moto G5 Plus XT1687 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Lunar Gray) $199.99 

Moto G5 Plus XT1687 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Fine Gold) $199.99 

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Aug. 19, 2017 @ 9:15pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Taxes for most.

Sleepthieves (Aug. 04, 2017 @ 2:20a) |

Welp, pulled the trigger. We'll see how it goes. 30 day no-questions-asked return period with B&H (on phones, anyway), ... (more)

kstraka (Aug. 04, 2017 @ 8:42a) |

I have the 64GB version. Very happy with the phone. T-Mobile wifi caling works, but will cause issues with sending and... (more)

AnandBanned (Aug. 04, 2017 @ 2:19p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
i got my wife the prime day deal for $180 on the top line 64GB/4GB. the "offers" are barely bothering anything at all, but i also make sure I NEVER log in to the amaz0n account on that phone so it can never associate whatever the phone activity is to my account. happy as a clam

rated:
Hmmm, I wonder if Amazon will drop their prices to match or beat?

rated:
ezwrighter said:   Hmmm, I wonder if Amazon will drop their prices to match or beat?
  Maybe, but no sales tax outside of NY and NJ makes this a better deal if you have to pay tax on the Amazon purchase.

rated:
I submitted a "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" on Amazon.

But if you want the 32GB version, you can get it for around $205 using the newegg masterpass promo.

rated:
seawolf21 said:   I submitted a "Would you like to tell us about a lower price?" on Amazon
 

  I did the same...so we will see if they attempt to beat it

rated:
Wish these had dual-SIM slots... would be perfect (for me).

rated:
It is now $199 on Amazon for Ad-Free, 32GB Lunar Gray version. Not sure about the others.

rated:
I submitted "price match" to Amazon for both Lunar Gray versions previously. Looks like they only matched the 32GB.

rated:
scottyja said:   Wish these had dual-SIM slots... would be perfect (for me).
  https://www.amazon.com/XT1671-Finger-International-Version-Desbl...

rated:
I just went ahead and grabbed one from B&H...no tax and it works with TMobile wifi calling.

rated:
Is it just mine or do these compasses go haywire and need to be recalibrated all the time?

rated:
ImagineNoHell said:   Is it just mine or do these compasses go haywire and need to be recalibrated all the time?
  The Moto G5 Plus doesn't have a compass.

rated:
why ask Amazon to pricematch? Why not buy from B&H?

rated:
nortotron said:   why ask Amazon to pricematch? Why not buy from B&H?
  Maybe because a lot of people accumulate gift cards for Amazon.  B&H not so much.  I typically get $25 a year in free gift cards from Amazon each year just for using Bing, for example.  Not to mention the Amazon gift cards for Birthday and Father's Day.

rated:
frett said:   
nortotron said:   why ask Amazon to pricematch? Why not buy from B&H?
  Maybe because a lot of people accumulate gift cards for Amazon.  B&H not so much.  I typically get $25 a year in free gift cards from Amazon each year just for using Bing, for example.  Not to mention the Amazon gift cards for Birthday and Father's Day.

  Thought Bing points no longer qualifies for Amazon gift certificate for over a year.  Has that changed?

rated:
Great phone, but after a month the cover glass on the rear camera cracked, leaving a spiderweb of cracks.
Only had the phone in my pocket.
$300 phone would cost $200 to fix.

rated:
Seal said:   
  Thought Bing points no longer qualifies for Amazon gift certificate for over a year.  Has that changed?

  Older Bing Rewards accounts are still eligible to redeem Amazon GCs.  Newer accounts are not.

rated:
idlezork said:   
Seal said:   
  Thought Bing points no longer qualifies for Amazon gift certificate for over a year.  Has that changed?

  Older Bing Rewards accounts are still eligible to redeem Amazon GCs.  Newer accounts are not.

  Oh wow, I didn't even know that had changed.  That sucks for new users.  I've redeemed over $200 in free GCs from Amazon using Bing.

rated:
Just FYI, the US version of this phone (the one on sale) does not have NFC.

rated:
Phone appears to have some wifi problems (random disconnects):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id...

rated:
reeddon said:   Great phone, but after a month the cover glass on the rear camera cracked, leaving a spiderweb of cracks.
Only had the phone in my pocket.
$300 phone would cost $200 to fix.

  I have decided to buy my cellphones at walmart. They do pricematch with most retailers (not eBay though, but I don't buy phones from eBay ), so price is not an issue. I also buy accidental drop-spill insurance, which is quite cheap at walmart. That way, if my phone cracks (happened last month) within 2 years, all I lose is insurance money.

rated:
amazon is doing at same price. Is there any difference between B&H?

rated:
colddoughnut said:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR2ZFBI/ref=twister_B01NCYZTP4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 is doing at same price. Is there any difference between B&H?
  Taxes for most.

rated:
Welp, pulled the trigger. We'll see how it goes. 30 day no-questions-asked return period with B&H (on phones, anyway), so no risk if the phone sucks.

rated:
I have the 64GB version. Very happy with the phone. T-Mobile wifi caling works, but will cause issues with sending and receiving MMS if you do set calling to use wifi primarily, instead of just on calls where signal is poor.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017