• filter:

Flotool RhinoRamp 12,000 lb Ramps, 2-Pack 11909 $24.99 by pepboys at ebay.com + FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
These keep getting cheaper and cheaper, from a variety of stores. I wonder what's going on?

rated:
I know they get a break, but the shipping on those. That has to be a money loser for them

rated:
My pair just arrived. I think this is also a repost.

rated:
FYI, these raise your vehicle by about 6.5". Is that really enough to get under and maneuver?

rated:
kstraka said:   FYI, these raise your vehicle by about 6.5". Is that really enough to get under and maneuver?
  That's my problem with these. What can you really do with them? If I could change my riding lawn mower blades then I would be jumping for joy. 

rated:
great deal!  said: FYI, these raise your vehicle by about 6.5". Is that really enough to get under and maneuver?

rated:
It would be a good idea to use jack stands along with these ramps just for insurance.  There's been some (rare) reports of the ramps collapsing.  Some claim the collapses are from incorrect usage, such as by parking the car too far forward, users deny they parked too far forward.  This is a popular ramp and lots of people use it with no issues, but I'd play it save just so I'm not the one in a thousand that gets crushed by a defective or counterfeit ramp.

rated:
kstraka said:   FYI, these raise your vehicle by about 6.5". Is that really enough to get under and maneuver?
I've sometimes gotten the needed clearance under a car by raising it just 3.5", on my ramps made from 4x10 wood.  It also helps to not use a regular wheeled creeper but instead a piece of cardboard or 1/4" wood.  

Because RhinoRamps are made of plastic, store them out of the sun, and I don't mean just in a shaded place but in a shed or in the garage.  Ultraviolet sunlight can make most plastics eventually turn brittle.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017