• filter:

Ridgid Universal Storage Chest - $249 - Home Depot

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I'd been waiting to get one of these to use as an Ammunition Storage cabinet, and last week it went on sale.  I'm sure there's some way to get it cheaper, using coupons or something, but I like the value of this at this price, and it's surprisingly big.  Weighs about ~140-150 lbs.  It can hold 3 layers of .50 cal ammo cans, 2x7, with room for like 6 more .30 caliber cans, if you remove the shelf. So that's room for 42 each .50 caliber cans.  A nice compact way to store your ammo.  Enjoy!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-48-in-x-24-in-Universal-Storag...

IrishHunter

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
While I'm sure it works fine, I thought the fit and finish was awful, especially when compared to Greenlee. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a Greenlee when they were being cleared out.

rated:
IrishHunter said:   I'd been waiting to get one of these to use as an Ammunition Storage cabinet

How many Ulstermen will that stash account for?

rated:
I see what you did there...

rated:
For some reason the mods moved this to Expired Deals. It is NOT expired.

As far as quality is concerned, mine is perfect. No scratches, dents, or poor fit. I wouldn't use this to store tools outside on a contractor job ... too light for that... but if you want to store something securely in a garage or basement this works well.

rated:
Another interesting application: as a gun or ammo locker.

http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/how-to-protect-your-guns/3...

Considering most safes under $1000 use 14 gauge metal or thinner, there's not much of a security advantage to buying more than this unless you're paying a lot more (or require a fire rating). Certainly debatable, but I think it adds to the discussion.

rated:
it's worth?

rated:
I think it's worth. you can see the rate.

rated:
IrishHunter said:   I see what you did there...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017