• filter:

BriteNway Premium Solar Eclipse Glasses - ISO & CE Certified Safety Shades - 12-pk. - $8.99 Fs Newegg Flash

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
NeweggFlash has the BriteNway Premium Solar Eclipse Glasses - ISO & CE Certified Safety Shades - 12-pk. on sale for $8.99 with free shipping. 

These glasses are specially marked for the August 21st eclipse. 

The glasses make it safe to view the eclipse directly. Viewing the eclipse without proper eye protection can lead to blindness. 

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIAAKH6109346?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I was planning to stop by the local library, I heard that several in the Midwest are giving these glasses away for free! That's a rumor yet to be verified, but fingers crossed.

This is a much better deal than the stores that are selling these glasses for $2.99 each pair. Saving this for plan B. Thanks!

rated:
Man I just paid 9.99 at Yugster.com. Lol, hopefully they'll get here before the solar eclipse. I trust Newegg more on delivery.

rated:
In for a pack, thanks!

rated:
sold out

rated:
Looks like it's active again. I already got tracking info for my order, due to be delivered on Saturday Aug 12.

rated:
sold out again.

rated:
I got 4 pair free at my local library today (Eastern MA), but they had a pretty limited supply and only started giving them out today. Check if your library is participating here
http://spacescience.org/software/libraries/map.php

rated:
Are these safe?I bought some but they are not NASA approved.

rated:
I bought these glasses and then contacted BriteNway to verify their safety and this was their response:
Britewany recently learned that the glasses are sourced from a manufacturer that DOES NOT meet the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for such products. Britenway immediately stopped selling the glasses upon learning this information. Britenway also recommends that you DO NOT use this product to view the sun or the eclipse. It is possible that doing so would result in damage to your eyes. 
A refund for your purchase could easily be obtained by replying to this email with your order number. You do not need to return the item. If you purchased the item for someone else, please let them know about this information.

rated:
Yep, right on the front page of their website.

rated:
Thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017