Voting History
rated:
 Lawn Mower-MJ401E for $50 @ homedepot 

Member Summary

Lawn Mower-MJ401E (103.68kB)
Thanks Revenant
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Looks very plastic-y.  Is there a single piece of metal in this whole thing?

rated:
Have been looking at this & missed the recent sale price. I just called Lowe's' Product & Sales number 877-465-6937 and got a price match. 

Thanks OP.

rated:
tuphat said:   Looks very plastic-y.  Is there a single piece of metal in this whole thing?

the blade looks metal.    As do the axles and the handle.     But hey, its a 14" mower for $50.    Not something I'd expect for heavy duty and long life.

I'm on my 3rd black and decker mower in 20 years and they're mostly plastic.   The plastic has held up fine on them.   I've only had 1 of the 3 actually break down and on it one of the metal pieces broke and then eventually the power circuitry failed in some way.    but I don't know how well this brand holds up.   Just saying plastic on a mower isn't necessarily bad.

rated:
tuphat said:   Looks very plastic-y.  Is there a single piece of metal in this whole thing?

It doesn't just look "plastic-y".... it is plastic-y. 

And that plastic is place where it's function just fine.  Where it need to be metal, metal was used.

My only issue is this is a bit weak.  Might need the 13Amp or 14Amp version.

rated:
I won a Ryobi 40 Volt....inside of 10 hours the batteries died....called them and they said they will send me new ones...its been six weeks...no batteries...

rated:
Please add "electric" to title.

rated:
misterphillip said:   I won a Ryobi 40 Volt....inside of 10 hours the batteries died....called them and they said they will send me new ones...its been six weeks...no batteries...
  Thank you for sharing. Maybe you should start a separate thread.

rated:
exbat said:   Please add "electric" to title.
  For that matter, it should be "corded-electric" in my opinion.

rated:
14 inches... Hmmm might be good to cut the weeds down between rows in my vegetable garden....

rated:
Picked one up in Gilroy , CA for $64. Thanks OP!!!!

rated:
Bought one last month and got price adjusted today... planning to convert it to a brush cutter. Have anyone tried that before?

rated:
jerosen said:   I'm on my 3rd black and decker mower in 20 years and they're mostly plastic.   The plastic has held up fine on them.   I've only had 1 of the 3 actually break down and on it one of the metal pieces broke and then eventually the power circuitry failed in some way.    but I don't know how well this brand holds up.   Just saying plastic on a mower isn't necessarily bad.

I know it's nothing more than difference of opinion, but you can't start by saying "I'm on my 3rd black and decker mower in 20 years" and then follow that with an explanation of how they've held up fine...

My mower is 15 years old with only minor repairs.  My neighbor says his is from 1992.  I believe him.  Just saying...

Then I tried to visualize a 14" deck and laughed...  And then I thought I would get more exercise if my mower was only 14" so who's the real winner?  That said, I've wasted $50 way too many times so who am I to judge...

rated:
The title should be a little more descriptive

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017