• filter:

BEST BUY Verizon galaxy s7 edge $7.99 x 24 months dpp $192

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Verizon s7 edge. Dpp required. Tax due on full retail of 792. Payoff after 15 days will be $192. Over 100 less than last mont deal.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-32gb-silver-titanium-verizon/4901202.p?ref=4901202

Member Summary

Verizon galaxy s7 edge (12.73kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How can I get this without going into contract with Verizon at this price. Any way to just pay off for the phone at this price.

rated:
Cool. Thanks. Ordered one for our newborn son. I'm hoping this will work

rated:
haroldbabb said:   How can I get this without going into contract with Verizon at this price. Any way to just pay off for the phone at this price.
I believe you need to go into contract basically paying for a month or less of service. You can terminate the contract as early as 15 days. The $192 will be billed to you at that point.

Consider up to $70 in taxes depending on where you live + $30 activation fee + month or partial month of service. That's $100+ added to your price. Still might be worth it.

bryanvalian said:   Cool. Thanks. Ordered one for our newborn son. I'm hoping this will work
Pretty expensive pacifier.

rated:
great,i need

rated:
If you need a phone this is a GREAT deal.

Thanks OP

rated:
Hmmm. Not sure that this is the way it works. As far as I know, you're on the hook for the full retail cost, and a bill credit is applied to your account each month to bring the cost down to $7.99/month. If you cancel early, you'd owe the full retail cost minus one month's bill credit. Plus the Early termination fee if you're in a contract ($350 I believe). So you'd be stuck with $1150 in costs for that phone.

I could be wrong, though. Obviously, if you can buy a $800 phone for $200, it's a great deal. Sell it on eBay, rinse and repeat every month, and you'll be rich. I highly doubt that this would work though. Neither Best Buy or Verizon are in the business of losing money.

rated:
bryanvalian said:   Cool. Thanks. Ordered one for our newborn son. I'm hoping this will work
  Really! A new born looking at a cell phone..

rated:
Does this deal only works if there's a stock in your local store?

Also, does anybody know if opening payment plan for new device means a new credit line against my credit history?

rated:
It will definitively work to irradiate him.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   Hmmm. Not sure that this is the way it works. As far as I know, you're on the hook for the full retail cost, and a bill credit is applied to your account each month to bring the cost down to $7.99/month. If you cancel early, you'd owe the full retail cost minus one month's bill credit. Plus the Early termination fee if you're in a contract ($350 I believe). So you'd be stuck with $1150 in costs for that phone.

I could be wrong, though. Obviously, if you can buy a $800 phone for $200, it's a great deal. Sell it on eBay, rinse and repeat every month, and you'll be rich. I highly doubt that this would work though. Neither Best Buy or Verizon are in the business of losing money.

I too have that feeling.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
canoeguy1 said:   Hmmm. Not sure that this is the way it works. As far as I know, you're on the hook for the full retail cost, and a bill credit is applied to your account each month to bring the cost down to $7.99/month. If you cancel early, you'd owe the full retail cost minus one month's bill credit. Plus the Early termination fee if you're in a contract ($350 I believe). So you'd be stuck with $1150 in costs for that phone.

I could be wrong, though. Obviously, if you can buy a $800 phone for $200, it's a great deal. Sell it on eBay, rinse and repeat every month, and you'll be rich. I highly doubt that this would work though. Neither Best Buy or Verizon are in the business of losing money.

I too have that feeling.

The last line under product features states "Early termination fee of $350." I don't see how that applies on a no-contract plan but feels shady that they give themselves/Verizon that option by making it part of the purchase agreement (e.g., applying it to early termination of payment plan).

rated:
Are you guys sure if you terminate it after 15 days, you will only need to pay $192? I see the fine print: "Total Sale Price $191.76. Total Price $792.00. Savings are deducted off the full total price of the device and are reflected in reduced monthly payments over the life of the device."

rated:
fivetalents said:   
marcopolomle said:   

I too have that feeling.

The last line under product features states "Early termination fee of $350." I don't see how that applies on a no-contract plan but feels shady that they give themselves/Verizon that option by making it part of the purchase agreement (e.g., applying it to early termination of payment plan).

You can't get the "sale" price without also entering into a 24 month contract with Verizon. Nobody gives $800 phones away for $192, unless they can make a profit via a locked-in contract.

rated:
fivetalents said:   
marcopolomle said:   

I too have that feeling.

Unclear terms + OP signed up just to post this deal + Verizon = No deal for me.

rated:
I'm sure in the end this either signing up for 2 year contract for service with ETF fees that will be more than buying the phone outright or it is a purchase plan where the discounted is applied each month and the full remaining balance will be due when you cancel service. Either way I highly doubt you end up with the phone for $200 without continuing service for the 2 years.

rated:
 Unclear terms + OP signed up just to post this deal + Verizon = No deal for me.

For some reason I highly doubt someone from Verizon or Best Buy, the only two groups that could benefit, signed up at Fatwallet to pump the deal.

Bottom line is if you are eligible for an upgrade, this was a GREAT deal!!  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017