• filter:

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service - $63.00 FS @ Amazon - DotD

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service - $63.00 FS @ Amazon - DotD

3C's shows this is the new lowest price for Amazon.

4.2/5 stars with 4,436 reviews

• PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability
  • Integration with Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa
  • Caller-ID, call-waiting, call return, 911 and 911 text alerts
  • Online portal with call log, preferences and contacts
  • One-touch voicemail audio playback
  • Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
  • Fax mode
  • Live customer support
  • Choose any available area code
  • Ooma Mobile HD app for free outbound calling
  • Everyday low rates on international calling
  • Unlimited calling to over 60 countries with the Ooma World Plan
  • Free Ooma-to-Ooma calling worldwide

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Free would be nice, but Ooma is worth paying for IMHO. Superior to traditional telco service. My Ooma Hub's been deliver... (more)

Fis (Aug. 14, 2017 @ 11:51p) |

Life gets really interesting when it is a hassle to cancel a free service!

spamfree5 (Aug. 15, 2017 @ 6:22a) |

It works just like Sprint. We pay the fees and tax only.

wuyili (Aug. 15, 2017 @ 1:53p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
The obligatory Not free if you are paying taxes and fees per month

rated:
bb6619 said:   The obligatory Not free if you are paying taxes and fees per month
Good point. They have a here with a calculator that shows the taxes and fees. For me, it would be $5.09/month. My Tracfone is usually about $6.50-$8.25/month, but the last time I paid just under $4.50/mo for a 12-year term and the phone.

It's a very, very good deal. But not quite free, and not as close to free as they could potentially get.

rated:
Just buy this and don't pay for your phone line.. Too expensive from my carrier.

rated:
Note: PA state sales tax is not shown. Click here to read our full Terms and Conditions. 

Does that mean there are no Pa state taxes? If there are how can I calculate what they may be.

rated:
You may want accessories for extra $$$.

rated:
I was thinking about swapping out my 1st-gen Ooma for the Telo, which Ooma claims offers improved sound quality.   But this tax business, which I didn't know about, has got me reconsidering.  On my Ooma account no monthly fees or taxes have ever been collected.   And really, I've never been dissatisfied with the sound I've been getting.   That makes me wonder if Ooma, in their past prods to get me to upgrade (warning of dire consequences if I don't--consequences that mysteriously have never materialized), really has only one goal in mind, to finally start getting more money out of me for the original TOTALLY free lifetime service that I signed onto way back then.

rated:
Have you tried placing the ooma before the router to improve call quality.

rated:
mcpagano said:   Have you tried placing the ooma before the router to improve call quality.
  yes!  that's how I have mine set up.

rated:
I have been using Ooma for a while now, I just use the basic service and my taxes for the month are just a little over 4.00. I didnt need any of the other stuff like call blocking etc.. because my phone already has that functionality.

rated:
yup, Ooma confirms that if I upgrade my device, I'll also have to start paying monthly fees: "When you upgrade to the Telo, your account will transition to our latest terms and conditions which will require you to pay the applicable monthly taxes and fees for your service area."

rated:
Zenoicus said:   yup, Ooma confirms that if I upgrade my device, I'll also have to start paying monthly fees: "When you upgrade to the Telo, your account will transition to our latest terms and conditions which will require you to pay the applicable monthly taxes and fees for your service area."
  Yes, that's why I'm going to continue using the original Ooma hub (circa 2009) until it stops breathing.  Best $200 spent 7 years ago.

rated:
spamfree5 said:   
bb6619 said:   The obligatory Not free if you are paying taxes and fees per month
Good point. They have a here with a calculator that shows the taxes and fees. For me, it would be $5.09/month. My Tracfone is usually about $6.50-$8.25/month, but the last time I paid just under $4.50/mo for a 12-year term and the phone.

It's a very, very good deal. But not quite free, and not as close to free as they could potentially get.

My Obihai  with GV  has been free ( ok a slight trade off it is Google) but you end up with what Ooma  will charge as premiums.  The OBI200  will handle 4 numbers when on sale $39.
When the 1 year warranty wears out you can still upgrade with out paying  just d/load the update I still have my Ooma  hub/scout  plugged in and use it for faxing when I need to

rated:
jimates said:   Note: PA state sales tax is not shown. Click here to read our full Terms and Conditions. 

Does that mean there are no Pa state taxes? If there are how can I calculate what they may be.

Most of PA is 6%  Philly and certain regions are 7%

rated:
My obihai has been about as free as it gets with google voice. And unlike other parts of my cable cutting experience, my obihai has easily been the most problem free and reliable part of my experience.

rated:
I replaced the Hub because it got issues with international calls, can never quite dial through. Since I never got in the no-tax deal it wasn't a huge issue.

Telo also support the new OOMA "home security" system, something to consider.

rated:
After the 90 day trial period, be prepared to shell out an additional $10 per month for their premiere service plan. The basic plan only shows the caller's phone number, not the caller's name.

rated:
kshell said:   After the 90 day trial period, be prepared to shell out an additional $10 per month for their premiere service plan. The basic plan only shows the caller's phone number, not the caller's name.
  Strange.   My basic plan with the original Ooma Hub delivers both caller numbers and names.  

rated:
Not 100% FREE. I have to pay ~$5 a month for it. Not sure why I even have it cuz we never used the home phone. Lol

rated:
Ooma is all good until you try to cancel it.

rated:
Free would be nice, but Ooma is worth paying for IMHO. Superior to traditional telco service. My Ooma Hub's been delivering dial tone for 7 years and counting without a hitch. I can remember recall two very brief outages that I wouldn't have even noticed except for the great communication from Ooma. Great voicemail features including voicemail to unlimited emails, call forwarding, custom blacklists, call logs, international calling and more.

rated:
greling said:   Ooma is all good until you try to cancel it.
Life gets really interesting when it is a hassle to cancel a free service!

rated:
It works just like Sprint. We pay the fees and tax only.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017