• filter:

Rite Aid 9/3 - 9/9 (free Crest products a/ PP and load to card coupons)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Crest freebies:

TP $4, $2 L2c, $2 PP = FREE

Oralb B TB $4, $1 L2c, $3 PP = FREE

OralB Glide Floss or Crest MW, $4, $1 l2c, $3 PP = FREE

PP is L2 on each, but if no mq is available, and only l2c is available, then it's only useful to do 1 per card.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Crest freebies:

PP is L2 on each, but if no mq is available, and only l2c is available, then it's only useful to do 1 per card.

You're right on the strategy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see similar coupons in the September P&G. We'll see.

rated:
melachri said:   

You're right on the strategy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see similar coupons in the September P&G. We'll see.

Verdict: Partial Credit.

First of all, there are separate L2C for the MW and floss, so you can do one of each with L2C only.

The Sept P&G has $1MQs for Oral B TB and the MW, so you could do two of each with the combination of MQ and L2C. But there's no floss MQ, and the Crest Q is only $1, so only one of each for free

rated:

I have more than enough PP to pay for these products (without L2C). Is it o.k. to choose pay with PP? Will it apply L2C and tehn pay with PP and the PP from this offer get loaded after that?
Also, swiping the Plenti card is sufficient for getting L2c correct, or do I need to swipe the RA wellness card as well?
(Sorry, have not shopped at RA in a while).

rated:
fwuser12 said:   

I have more than enough PP to pay for these products (without L2C). Is it o.k. to choose pay with PP? Will it apply L2C and tehn pay with PP and the PP from this offer get loaded after that?
Also, swiping the Plenti card is sufficient for getting L2c correct, or do I need to swipe the RA wellness card as well?

As long as your Plenti card is connected to your RA account, you don't have to scan the Wellness+ card any more. And as long as you have the L2C loaded, it will apply before any PP. In fact, if you scan your Plenti card before the transaction, the L2C will be applied immediately as the item is scanned. The Plenti points are not applied until the cashier hits the "Total" button, so as long as your Plenti card is scanned before then, the L2Cs will come off. By doing this, you will "roll" your PP--use up some of the old ones and replace them with new ones. With a two-year expiration this isn't as critical as it used to be at RA (when we had two weeks to use up the bonus cash), but it's a reasonable practice.

If you want to be super-safe, you can decline use of PP at the beginning of the transaction, make sure all the coupons are applied, and then change your mind once the total is correct. Some clerks don't realize this, but it's possible (and not that hard). I think they have to select "Card Payment" on the register, and then select the option for Plenti points (maybe #6?) on the screen that then comes up.

rated:

OralB Glide Floss, $4, $1 l2c, $3 PP = FREE

If you have Gold status, the 75ct Glide Flossers ring up at $3.75, making this a 25-cent MM.

rated:
melachri said:   
fwuser12 said:   

As long as your Plenti card is connected to your RA account, you don't have to scan the Wellness+ card any more. And as long as you have the L2C loaded, it will apply before any PP. In fact, if you scan your Plenti card before the transaction, the L2C will be applied immediately as the item is scanned. The Plenti points are not applied until the cashier hits the "Total" button, so as long as your Plenti card is scanned before then, the L2Cs will come off. By doing this, you will "roll" your PP--use up some of the old ones and replace them with new ones. With a two-year expiration this isn't as critical as it used to be at RA (when we had two weeks to use up the bonus cash), but it's a reasonable practice.

If you want to be super-safe, you can decline use of PP at the beginning of the transaction, make sure all the coupons are applied, and then change your mind once the total is correct. Some clerks don't realize this, but it's possible (and not that hard). I think they have to select "Card Payment" on the register, and then select the option for Plenti points (maybe #6?) on the screen that then comes up.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I picked up the four items in the OP (along with two other items) at my local RA. Scanned the Plenti card. The L2C did not get applied. Otherwise got the sale price, PP covered the full purchase, and receipt shows (correctly) PP awarded for the purchase. I asked the cashier why the L2C has not applied. All she could tell was there could be a delay from when I load it online and when it actually gets activated (and she has no control over it). I decided to return the four items; was refunded back in PP. I had just loaded the L2C prior to going to store (say about 30 minutes prior to checking out).

The PP award for items purchased (and subsequently returned) are showing up as "pending" on my PP account. I am assuming they will not finally post.

Question: Is there indeed a delay in using a loaded L2C as the cashier said. If yes, when would it be good to go back to the store? Also, I seem to have used up my limit two on Oral B MW/Floss. Since these products were subsequently returned, what will happen when I try to rebuy them (assuming the L2C now goes through)?

Is there a different explanation for L2C not applying. I am not sure if my Plenti card is connected to your RA account? How do I check that?

If it matters, the online login credentials for my Plenti card are different from my RA login. I am not even sure I have my wellness card with me.

ETA: To diagnose this further, I logged into my RA online account and under profile, dont have the Plenti card number listed. Instead, I see a "Add Plenti to your account: Sign Up now" link. When I click the link, I am presented the option to enter Plenti card number if "I already have a Plenti card". Will completing this step tie my wellness and Plenti accounts?
If yes, any idea what happens to my used up PP award limit of 2 (because of the earlier buy/return) on the Oral floss/MW?

ETA: I couldnt add my Plenti number to my Wellness profile in riteaid.com because my Plenti account was apparently connected to a different wellness account (unknown to me). Created a fresh online account on riteaid.com and added my Plenti card number to the profile. Loaded the L2C coupons on it. I hope when I go to shop next time, this should work (other than possibly the OralB MW/floss, for which the limit has been reached).

rated:
fwuser12 said:   Question: Is there indeed a delay in using a loaded L2C as the cashier said. If yes, when would it be good to go back to the store? Also, I seem to have used up my limit two on Oral B MW/Floss. Since these products were subsequently returned, what will happen when I try to rebuy them (assuming the L2C now goes through)?

Is there a different explanation for L2C not applying. I am not sure if my Plenti card is connected to your RA account? How do I check that?

If it matters, the online login credentials for my Plenti card are different from my RA login. I am not even sure I have my wellness card with me.

ETA: To diagnose this further, I logged into my RA online account and under profile, dont have the Plenti card number listed. Instead, I see a "Add Plenti to your account: Sign Up now" link. When I click the link, I am presented the option to enter Plenti card number if "I already have a Plenti card". Will completing this step tie my wellness and Plenti accounts?
If yes, any idea what happens to my used up PP award limit of 2 (because of the earlier buy/return) on the Oral floss/MW?

If your RA online account doesn't refer to your Plenti number, then I think you've found the problem. Your L2C is on the RA (W+) account, and you only scanned the Plenti card at the register, so they didn't connect. I would think that you could just enter the Plenti number you already have in your online RA account, and all would connect together. Alternately you could call customer service and have them walk you through the steps.

Regarding L2C, one time I had an L2C coupon that didn't credit, even though many others before and since did work. When I called customer service (a few days later so they could access the transaction), they had no explanation but immediately credited me (in PP) for the missing L2C. But I've never noticed a delay in having the L2C available on my account, and I think I've occasionally activated an L2C while in the store.

As far as the pending PP, there are two possibilities. One is that they may might not actually take away the PP--the return transaction might not void the credited points. (I mention this because I've sometimes done exchanges of PP-bearing items where it has actually been two transactions--one receipt for the return, and a second to rebuy a similar qualifying product. And my receipts have never shown any voiding of points.) You may be able to check that on your Plenti account online, to see if you have both positive and negative transactions pending, and then see what it looks like tomorrow (when "pending" becomes "usable"). If this is the case, you have "free money" but no product. You could always buy the product anyway (even though the PP offers are used up) to re-complete the transaction. The second option is that the pending PP are voided, but then you should not be shown as having used the offers and should get another chance to use them. I think I'd suggest that you call Plenti customer service to verify that you can do the re-buy.  

I just saw your update about the second W+ account, and using that to connect to Plenti. That's probably okay as long as you didn't have "status" in RA for this year (which might be the case since you said you hadn't done much at RA recently.) But if you were already Gold or Silver, you might want to call customer service and combine everything so you don't lose any discount you are entitled to.

rated:
The pending PP offers have posted now. Unless they take it back later, this maybe "free money". In any case, I will rebuy the items in OP later in the week when I get to the store. Hope the PP/L2C now work fine, after I setup my new online account and added Plenti number to it.

More questions:
I plan to use two paper coupons (in addition to the L2C and PP offers in OP). One is an in-ad coupon from the RA flyer and another is a $4 off $20 register printed coupon. Will try to pick items besides those in OP to get to $20.
-- Is it o.k. to choose "pay with PP" in the beginning if I want to use the paper coupons (given that my PP balance will more than cover my purchase price, pre-coupon, pre-L2C).
-- For the $4/$20, I am assuming the $20 purchase must be met after L2C and after in-ad product-specific coupon. Correct?
-- Is there a way to use two in-ad coupons (for the same item, assuming I pick two of it) in the same transaction. Coupon does say "one per customer" but am wondering if it is strictly enforced.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   The pending PP offers have posted now. Unless they take it back later, this maybe "free money". In any case, I will rebuy the items in OP later in the week when I get to the store. Hope the PP/L2C now work fine, after I setup my new online account and added Plenti number to it.

More questions:
I plan to use two paper coupons (in addition to the L2C and PP offers in OP). One is an in-ad coupon from the RA flyer and another is a $4 off $20 register printed coupon. Will try to pick items besides those in OP to get to $20.
-- Is it o.k. to choose "pay with PP" in the beginning if I want to use the paper coupons (given that my PP balance will more than cover my purchase price, pre-coupon, pre-L2C).
-- For the $4/$20, I am assuming the $20 purchase must be met after L2C and after in-ad product-specific coupon. Correct?
-- Is there a way to use two in-ad coupons (for the same item, assuming I pick two of it) in the same transaction. Coupon does say "one per customer" but am wondering if it is strictly enforced.

My attempt at answers:
- As I had stated before, using PP should work IF the cashier doesn't hit the "Total" button too soon.
- Usually the $4-on-$20 (and similar) coupons can (and should) be applied first, and so the $20 minimum can be met before other coupons. Just make sure it's the first coupon you hand to the cashier. I've never had a problem doing it this way, though there's always a first time. But note that there's no way for it to precede an L2C coupon (since that is applied immediately), so you should plan accordingly.
- I don't recall ever having the register reject a second IAQ, but it's possible a cashier might. 

rated:
Just to update:

The Plenti card work fine today in the store; the L2C coupons applied as expected. I could use two IAQ in same transaction. Ended up picking enough items so that using the 4off20 coupon was not an issue regardless of the order in which coupons applied. Overall, a smooth transaction. Thanks to melachri for help with the earlier issues and to MrVietnam for starting this thread.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017