• filter:

XFINITY Mobile -- nearly free ($1) BYOD...

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Summary:
- Get Verizon unlimited talk & text with Verizon's postpaid domestic roaming for $0/month+junk fees ($2-3 per month).  VoLTE is enabled.
- Pay for data if you need it (100MB free, $12 per GB, or $45 unlimited) -- tethering is available, throttling after 20GB, VoLTE, MMS and iMessage do NOT count toward data usage.

Comcast is running a $200 discount on Xfinity Mobile handsets through 9/13/17.  This makes for the following deals:

$250 iPhone 6s
$199 iPhone SE
$1 LG X Charge

Like Verizon postpaid lines, you can swap an already-activated SIM into any other Verizon network capable phone.  So, if you choose to get the LG X Charge, you can place the activated SIM in another phone and you're off to the races.

From what I can tell, the PAYGO data includes 100MB "free" per month -- so if you're a WiFi user you can get away with Verizon-quality unlimited talk & text for nearly free (for my jurisdiction, monthly recurring charges are about $2 per month)

Of course, you need to be a Comcast HSI customer.

<edit>

A few additional notes:

- NFL Mobile by Verizon allegedly works -- however I'm unsure if it burns mobile data if you're not on WiFi.

- For those that plan on using/paying for data (it seems like many people have been waiting for BYOD -- this is a close as it'll get), if you swap your device, the APN setting is:

comcast.rslr.vzwentp

- (Also for paying data users) -- tethering is enabled.

Member Summary

XFINITY Mobile (61.34kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
XM Plans (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan) 
* No line access fees on up to 5 lines
* Unlimited Verizon nationwide talk... (more)

Almighty1 (Sep. 17, 2017 @ 2:09p) |

From the XM website, it seems you can switch from 'By the gig' to Unlimited data plan mid month, but watch out that the ... (more)

mmyk72 (Sep. 20, 2017 @ 1:58a) |

You can switch mid-month but it will charge you the $45.00 on your credit card right away and also it will start from th... (more)

Almighty1 (Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:17a) |

Port-in:
* You must port-in your number BEFORE ACTIVATION, either during or AFTER phone order.
* No port-in is allowed after activation. No exception!
* If you are not sure, once you receive the phone, call in to port and activate.

Device Payment Pricing & Other Info

Offers valid 8/25/17 through 9/13/17. Restrictions apply. $200 savings off regular retail price when activating a new XFINITY Mobile line of service. Valid on select devices. While supplies last. Limit 5 per account. © 2017 Comcast. All rights reserved.

Additional fees, such as those for government taxes and regulatory recovery fees, apply.

Pay monthly for your device: XFINITY Mobile Device Payment Plan Agreement (“Device Agreement” required. Applicable taxes for the full device amount charged when device is shipped (or when the device is fulfilled in an XFINITY retail store) and is in addition to the monthly charge.

The remaining balance under the Device Agreement becomes immediately due and payable if there is no remaining line on your XFINITY Mobile account that receives service from XFINITY Mobile and at least one of the following post pay subscriptions are not maintained on the account during the term of the Device Agreement: XFINITY TV, Internet, or Voice; or XFINITY Mobile service is terminated for breach.

LG X charge Xfinity Mobile

How-Tos and FAQs 

​​​​​​​How does By the Gig work? 

Customer Agreements, Policies and Service Disclosures 
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks for sharing.
Any link to the promotion? I'm also curious how to get an activated sim card.

rated:
Promo is listed right on their landing page:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/

and the product pricing reflects the $200 off:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/shop?tab=devices&page=1

Order the LG (pay the $1, or do the .04/mo financing for two years ) -- it'll come activated with the LTE SIM installed.  Pop the SIM out and throw it in any other Verizon handset.  Unlike Sprint, there's no need to swap MEID's, etc., despite Verizon's CDMA heritage...

rated:
Are comcast iphones locked?

rated:
bfhu said:   Are comcast iphones locked?
  Apparently they are.  Comcast is willing to unlock them, but I've yet to see whether anyone has been successful in accomplishing this.

rated:
Can you use Verizon Prepaid Phones?

rated:
I am on call with Comcast rep now. According to them, if I pay full, my Iphones will be unlocked.

rated:
I am on call with Comcast rep now. According to them, if I pay in full, my Iphones will be unlocked.

rated:
Xfinity mobile website gives most details except
1.GSM or CDMA (OP seems to think its CDMA with reference to Verizon)
2.Plan cost per month
3.Data caps

rated:
sekharnet said:   Xfinity mobile website gives most details except
1.GSM or CDMA (OP seems to think its CDMA with reference to Verizon)
2.Plan cost per month
3.Data caps

- It is Verizon (CDMA/LTE).  Unlike other MVNOs, Xfinity Mobile supports all of Verizon's domestic roaming as well (US Cellular, et.al)

- Plan cost is $0.  Junk fees bring it to $2-3 per line per month

- "Free" data is capped at 100MB. Cost is $12/GB per month, or $45 unlimited.  Throttling occurs at 20GB.  VoLTE, MMS, and iMessage do not use data.  If you use WiFi only, turn off mobile data (or cap your device at ~90MB) and enjoy nearly free Verizon cell service

rated:
Its unlimited talk and text.

You can pick between paying per GB at $12 per GB or unlimited data for $45.

With unlimited : "After 20 GB monthly data use, speeds reduced to a maximum of 1.5 Mbps download/750 Kbps upload."

rated:
Can I use this phone in a Verizon phone?

rated:
What about an iPhone from AT&T?

rated:
This is a good deal. My one warning would be not to buy the X Charge with the plan to move the SIM to an iPhone. The issue is that Voicemail will not work if you swap to an iPhone. For Android devices, Xfinity uses a Voicemail app but for iPhone there is no app available. It is also possible that VoLTE and hotspots may not work. iPhones use the iOS Phone app for Voicemail, and the phone must be provisioned properly (as an iPhone) for this to work. I'd recommend buying either an iPhone SE (currently $199) or the iPhone 6s ($249) if you want to swap to an iPhone.

Also, if you start multiple "By the GB" lines, be aware data is pooled. If you have 3 lines, the total data used needs to remain below 100MB to not be charged for using data. Of course, if you go over 100MB but your combined total stays under 1GB, your account will only be charged $12 -- not $12 per phone. You can also use the Xfinity WiFi app to help limit your data use and use WiFi instead.

rated:
Did anybody order more than one phone?

rated:
And let us say I get this phone for a kid. Can I change the setting to say that the phone cannot go over the free 100MB?

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   And let us say I get this phone for a kid. Can I change the setting to say that the phone cannot go over the free 100MB?

Android phones allow you to set a mobile data limit.  In addition, you can install an app like NoRoot Firewall, which uses Android's VPN interface, to control individual app's access to mobile data for finer control.

iOS is all or nothing, with no way to cap mobile data usage   

rated:
No offense, OP...

COMCRAP is one of the WORST, crony capitalist, scumbag, bait-and-switch, won't put anything in writing, escalate your bill $8-$15/mo. for NO APPARENT REASON, piece of S#it companies to ever exist.

Other than that, I think it's a great deal. Carry on...

rated:
Are there any "contract" requirements if phones are paid upfront?

rated:
Am I understanding this correctly, you must already have or sign up for xfinity internet first before you can get the lg for $1?

rated:
healthylaugh said:   No offense, OP...
<snip>

Comcast is counting on you (perhaps accidentally) using data, which is where the profit margin clearly is.

Now is your chance to show them how smart you are by beating them at their own game. Good luck...

rated:
iswhothere2 said:   Are there any "contract" requirements if phones are paid upfront?

No, and even if you do monthly payments you can pay the device off at any time.

rated:
lernim said:   Am I understanding this correctly, you must already have or sign up for xfinity internet first before you can get the lg for $1?
  Yes, you must have Xfinity Home Internet to sign up for Xfinity Mobile. If you quit Xfinity Home Internet after starting service, Xfinity adds an extra $10 per line fee each month.

rated:
so you can technically order the phone in full, use it on another account and you don't have any monthly charge?

rated:
I imagine it will activate a line for you so you will still have the $2-3 tax charge on it. I doubt you can order the phone and then cancel the line right away.

rated:

COMCRAP is one of the WORST, crony capitalist, scumbag, bait-and-switch, won't put anything in writing, escalate your bill $8-$15/mo. for NO APPARENT REASON, piece of S#it companies to ever exist.

My own experience.... Signed up for the GIG internet service to replace my 150 down service. The day of the install which included and required using their router and modem I downloaded 1TB thus surpassing my previous data cap. I got a bill for apparently going over my data allowance. I called and told them to look at which modem used all the data. They said it didn't matter I still had to pay. Long story short, I had to get my Legalshield lawyer to write a letter to get a refund for the overcharge. 

I've got another story about M/S and overpaying my bill to the point where I am no longer allowed to use credit cards with Comcrap.

All that said...I am signing up.

rated:
Does wifi calling now work with xfinity mobile?

Is video degraded to 480p?

rated:

I hate posts like these that remain  very ambiguous and diplomatic!

I would like to appeal to the poster above to not hold back and tell us how he really feels about Comcast!  

rated:
I ordered 3.  You have to order one at a time since you must specify who the phone is for and the associated phone number if is to be ported over.

rated:
shallot said:   I ordered 3.  You have to order one at a time since you must specify who the phone is for and the associated phone number if is to be ported over.

After adding a phone to the cart and configuring it, you can click "continue shopping" and add additional phones one at a time.

rated:

Comcast is the devil.

rated:
You can buy an iPhone SE 32GB on AT&T Prepaid for $150, or an older but larger iPhone 6 for $199 from Best Buy and just plunk in any SIM so why is this so great if all you want is the phone?

rated:
If I choose to keep my phone number, when does it switch to the new phone? When I receive it and activate it?

If I choose to get a new number, can I port my old, existing number to the new phone later?

rated:
I assume there is no binding. Should be able cancel any time.

rated:
Can I use the SIM with any iphone 6 (unlocked)

rated:
Is there any pros/cons/gotchas of paying the $1 for the phone upfront versus over 2 years? I just assume to pay the $1, just so I own it and can unlock it whenever I wanted.

I think I will jump on this, as it could be Handy having unlimited Verizon voice on those occasions my internet is down, etc...

rated:
Must pass credit check...

rated:
i dont see the free 0$ plan. there's only 2 plan to choose. 12$ by the gb. or unlimited 45$

rated:
The 12/gb is free if you don't use more than 100mb

Skipping 128 Messages...
rated:
mmyk72 said:   From the XM website, it seems you can switch from 'By the gig' to Unlimited data plan mid month, but watch out that the plan defaults to Unlimited the following month and you have to wait till the next month after that to switch back to 'By the gig'.
You can switch mid-month but it will charge you the $45.00 on your credit card right away and also it will start from the beginning of the current billing cycle.  You can switch back to by the gig at anytime, it will just start at the beginning of the cycle and you'll get charged by the gig.    

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017