• filter:

Discount Tire Direct - Labor Day Sale (up to $320 MIR)

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/promotions/labor-day 

• $100 Visa Prepaid Card on 4 Best rated tires
  • $75 Visa Prepaid Card on 4 Better rated tires
  • $25 Visa Prepaid Card on 4 Good rated tires
  • $100 Visa Prepaid Card on a select set of 4 Wheels (excludes Unique and Cragar)

$100/$75/$25 - use offer code DTD0103
$60 - use offer code DTD0104Qualifications and Restrictions:

• Purchase must be made August 28th thru September 5th, 2017
  • A set of four (4) qualifying tires and/or four (4) wheels of the same model must be purchased at the same time.
  • The set can only be for one vehicle.
  • Must be postmarked or submitted online by October 5th, 2017.
  • Not valid with other Synchrony® Financial offers.
  • The prices shown on our website do not reflect the promotional offer
  • Mail-in offers are generally received 3-4 weeks after your purchase

Member Summary

pic (28.22kB)
Thanks DizzyT71
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good to know. I phoned two local DTs who quoted me $15/tire for mounting and balance (probably plus state fees) so I sup... (more)

drzeyas (Sep. 02, 2017 @ 12:01p) |

Got 4 hankook tires. No tax in PA which is nice.

Krazen1211 (Sep. 02, 2017 @ 7:09p) |

I bought 4 tires at the B&M Discount Tire shop in Houston today.  The tires for my Ford Focus were $51 each (off brand c... (more)

Kariput (Sep. 02, 2017 @ 7:38p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is on top of the manufacturer's rebates right? In which case seems like a good deal, but there are no locations around me in the NE. How do I get them installed, and is it worth it vs going to BJs/Sams Club/Costco?

rated:
russ0519 said:   This is on top of the manufacturer's rebates right? In which case seems like a good deal, but there are no locations around me in the NE. How do I get them installed, and is it worth it vs going to BJs/Sams Club/Costco?
  Most tires shops should be able to install it (for a fee). Last time I got it installed in Walmart; they do charge extra for installing tires purchased elsewhere but Walmart still was the cheapest I could find in my area.

You may have to compare prices based on the specific tire type/size. If there is no Discount Tire shop nearby, I am not sure how warranty (if you need to use it) would be handled. Something to keep in mind. I have found Costco to be rather expensive because they carry only a few brands (Bridgestone and Michelin last I checked) which are at the high end in terms of prices. If you are looking specifically for a brand that Costco carries, you may come out ahead there. But you can usually find less expensive option elsewhere (but on other brands).

ETA: Yes, the manufacturer rebates have stacked in the past. Indeed, when you pick a specific tire, the page shows all three rebates (manu., plus two from discount tires) when applicable.

rated:
I'm kind of scared using off brand tires.

After comparison shopping I ended up with ordering the Michelin Premier A/S H rated tires for my car and the pricing at BJs, Costco and Sams was almost identical. It also includes road hazard protection, balancing, rotation, etc.

After paying to get the tires installed elsewhere, all these online places come in at about the same cost. Not worth if IMHO if you already have a membership to one of the clubs.

rated:
Don't forget eBates for 3% cash back

rated:
You still need to pay for installation at Discount Tire. I buy there all the time.
I always wait for these sales which happen just before Memorial Day, Forth of July and Labor Day.
I have never had issues buying the off brand tires. Some are actually made by major tire company's
and just wear a different name to sell cheaper.
Usually my new cars wear Michelin shoes but have found over the years that even Michelin are not
what they used to be and get slippery after as little as 35K miles even though tread is still deep.
My latest favorites (for the money) is KUMHO Solius.  They wear well and grip like glue.

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   You still need to pay for installation at Discount Tire. I buy there all the time.
I always wait for these sales which happen just before Memorial Day, Forth of July and Labor Day.

+1
Strangely, I dont see these rebates on DiscountTire.com (this is the site where you can make tire appointments for in-store service and also shop for tires to be picked up/installed at  a store) but only on discounttiredirect.com.
If memory serves me right, in previous years, both had similar rebates on tires. Anyone near a Discount Tire store know whether they run similar rebates for Labor day?

rated:
Not to cap on the post but you might want to check for better pricing on the tires you are interested in. Just an example of what I have found cheaper is the Hankook Dynapro HT RH12 P265/65R18 112S. Discount Tire is offering 4 for $669.08 before the $50 Hankook Rebate and $75 Better Tire Rebate. Walmart on the other hand is currently offering same tires for $426.12 for 4 tires before the $50 Hankook Rebate. Difference between the 2 is almost $168 AR

rated:
in store also? Do they PM b/f or after rebate?

rated:
thank you for sharing!What about the quality of the tires?

rated:
Don't skimp on tires. My ONE THING that I buy the BEST OF. 

rated:
FThorn said:   Don't skimp on tires. My ONE THING that I buy the BEST OF. 
  Higher cost does not mean they  are the best.  Not at all.

rated:
1 installer near me.
Near ????
they are 90 miles away and I set parameter at up to 50 miles away...installerdistanceaddresshours of operation1

• Zoom Motorsports
  • Roseburg, OR
  • (541) 673-7813

There are no reviews yet.

• 48.8 mi

• 2745 Diamond Lake Blvd.
  • Roseburg , OR 97470

Directions Mon-Fri : 9:00 AM - 6:00 PMSat : 10:00 AM - 3:00 PMSun : CLOSED

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   1 installer near me.

You dont have to go with the installer listed on their page. Call local tire shop (independent or national chains) and see whether they will install a set of tires and price.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   in store also? Do they PM b/f or after rebate?
  In the past, the store ran a similar promotion (perhaps the rebate code were different but the terms were very similar). I dont see that this time. I have not visited a store but no rebate is listed on the DiscountTire.com site, which is associated with B&M store.

I have had success in the past with store matching competitor (not just discounttiredirect.com) price. Both store and discounttiredirect.com were offering similar rebates then. Whether store will now match the price after rebate, I am not sure.

BTW, discounttiredirect.com also offers a Low Price Guarantee. You can try PM if you find a lower price elsewhere. If you are lucky, they will PM prior to rebates and you may qualify for their rebates on top.

rated:
Sounds Great

rated:
Where do you put in the offer code?
I have 4 tires in my cart and I hit Checkout but there is no place to put the offer code.

Edit: NM, I see that its for when you enter the rebate

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
Dovetonsils said:   You still need to pay for installation at Discount Tire. I buy there all the time.

+1
Strangely, I dont see these rebates on DiscountTire. com (this is the site where you can make tire appointments for in-store service and also shop for tires to be picked up/installed at  a store) but only on discounttiredirect.com.
If memory serves me right, in previous years, both had similar rebates on tires. Anyone near a Discount Tire store know whether they run similar rebates for Labor day?

I called up America's tire. They said that the sale would be on Fri/Sat. If somebody else can call their local store and confirm, that would be great. [I think I have to buy locally since I have to get pro-rated adjustment for the life of my previous set of tires].

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
fwuser12 said:   

+1
Strangely, I dont see these rebates on DiscountTire. com (this is the site where you can make tire appointments for in-store service and also shop for tires to be picked up/installed at  a store) but only on discounttiredirect.com.
If memory serves me right, in previous years, both had similar rebates on tires. Anyone near a Discount Tire store know whether they run similar rebates for Labor day?

I called up America's tire. They said that the sale would be on Fri/Sat. If somebody else can call their local store and confirm, that would be great. [I think I have to buy locally since I have to get pro-rated adjustment for the life of my previous set of tires].

Actually I found the promotion on DiscountTire website.

This is how it reads:Labor Day Savings!September 1st thru September 2nd, 2017

rated:
Where do you find Discount Tire stores? None within 75 miles of philadelphia.

rated:
Krazen1211 said:   Where do you find Discount Tire stores? None within 75 miles of philadelphia.
  You can order the tires on their website, with free shipping, and have it installed locally. Dont necessarily need a Discount Tire store.
The Discount Tire store charges ~$19/tire for installation. So you may actually get a better deal locally for installation.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:     Actually I found the promotion on DiscountTire website.

Got an email saying the same.

rated:
Can anyone confirm you can stack the Discount rebate with the manufacturer's rebate?
And is there tax or shipping fee? Tire Rack has no tax in many states, and sometimes free shipping.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
Krazen1211 said:   Where do you find Discount Tire stores? None within 75 miles of philadelphia.
  You can order the tires on their website, with free shipping, and have it installed locally. Dont necessarily need a Discount Tire store.
The Discount Tire store charges ~$19/tire for installation. So you may actually get a better deal locally for installation.

Not worth doing that in my opinion.

1. One beauty of buying from America's tire is free tire rotations/balancing every 6,000 miles. So if you don't have one locally, find a chain that has similar deal on rotation/balancing.
2. I personally think that the mileage that the tiles are rated for is hogwash. So if you keep doing your tire rotation, then at half the rated tread, you are eligible to replace them at pro-rated value. So if you have tires cost $400 for 4 and you end up replacing at half way mark, you are due back $200.

These are big hidden markups and if you can't take advantage of them, ultimately you are paying a lot more.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   2. I personally think that the mileage that the tiles are rated for is hogwash. So if you keep doing your tire rotation, then at half the rated tread, you are eligible to replace them at pro-rated value. So if you have tires cost $400 for 4 and you end up replacing at half way mark, you are due back $200.

These are big hidden markups and if you can't take advantage of them, ultimately you are paying a lot more.

Is this only at america's tire?

rated:
russ0519 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   2. I personally think that the mileage that the tiles are rated for is hogwash. So if you keep doing your tire rotation, then at half the rated tread, you are eligible to replace them at pro-rated value. So if you have tires cost $400 for 4 and you end up replacing at half way mark, you are due back $200.

Is this only at america's tire?

Should apply to most tire stores. Don't know how it works for online tire purchase. They try to wriggle out of it if some tires have unusual wear pattern - so I try to do the rotation regularly and take care of alignment issues. Between the rebates and pro-ration, I am expecting to very little for the tires.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
PrincipalMember said:     Actually I found the promotion on DiscountTire website.

Got an email saying the same.

Yes, got my email Wednesday so should be up on the regular DT website now.

As far as tire quality (as one poster questioned), read the reviews from the people on the site.
Usually a good barometer of info about people who actually purchased the tire and if they give it a good rating.
You can only post a review if you bought from them first.

(OH and installation charge covers free rotation and future tire balance if necessary).
Not to be confused with the additional cost road hazard warranty.

rated:
Note there are two sets of rebates going on for Labor Day 2017 - one for the Discount Tire Direct website and one for instore Discount Tire Locations. Even though the in-store promotion says it starts 9/1 - the store manager explained to me the stores have a "grace period" and the rebate time frame starts a couple days earlier than advertised. This gave me a two day window with overlapping rebates. So I got a set of new Conti's installed and am getting the $70 mfg rebate (purchase by 8/31), the $100 Discount Tire "Best" rebate (for Labor Day sale), and $60 rebate for using DT store credit. $230 in rebates is not bad. Already submitted and was approved for the DT rebates. Submitted the MFG rebate and waiting for that one.

rated:
RADa5AURU5 said:   Don't forget eBates for 3% cash back
Check a cash back comparison site. There are others that offer higher rates than ebates.

rated:
pizzashoes said:   Note there are two sets of rebates going on for Labor Day 2017 - one for the Discount Tire Direct website and one for instore Discount Tire Locations. Even though the in-store promotion says it starts 9/1 - the store manager explained to me the stores have a "grace period" and the rebate time frame starts a couple days earlier than advertised. This gave me a two day window with overlapping rebates. So I got a set of new Conti's installed and am getting the $70 mfg rebate (purchase by 8/31), the $100 Discount Tire "Best" rebate (for Labor Day sale), and $60 rebate for using DT store credit. $230 in rebates is not bad. Already submitted and was approved for the DT rebates. Submitted the MFG rebate and waiting for that one.
  RE:  Even though the in-store promotion says it starts 9/1 - the store manager explained to me the stores have a "grace period" and the rebate time frame starts a couple days earlier than advertised.

Try telling that to the rebate processing center

rated:
The way they are handling this is by saying their credit card mc is down. This way, they will generate the invoice tomorrow.

But that would create issues with the manufacturer rebates expiring today. They are handling that by giving instant rebate for that. Got my tires today - $70 instant + $160 later + $150 for proration.

rated:
Trust me, the rebate processing centers are well versed in not believing why dates on rebate forms have an error as told by the person wanting the rebate
THEY WONT BELIEVE YOU
When you reply to their rejection of the rebate

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Trust me, the rebate processing centers are well versed in not believing why dates on rebate forms have an error as told by the person wanting the rebate
THEY WONT BELIEVE YOU

There is nothing to believe / trust. These guys have taken the credit card numbers and they will generate the invoice with tomorrow's date which is a valid date for the rebate. And if you go to them for tires on Tue, they will generate a back-date invoice for the rebate. And in the absolute worst case, call their corporate and they will fix it for you.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   1. One beauty of buying from America's tire is free tire rotations/balancing every 6,000 miles. So if you don't have one locally, find a chain that has similar deal on rotation/balancing.
2. I personally think that the mileage that the tiles are rated for is hogwash. So if you keep doing your tire rotation, then at half the rated tread, you are eligible to replace them at pro-rated value. So if you have tires cost $400 for 4 and you end up replacing at half way mark, you are due back $200.

How does one work this prorating?
Are you saying the tread wears off to the extent that it needs to be replaced much sooner than the warranted/rated miles. At that point you take it to the store to get a prorated refund. E.g., if a 70k tires has no useable tread left after 40k miles, you get 4/7 of the original price paid?

Are there any restrictions on time between purchase and when you can make such a claim?

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
yesidonoitall said:   Trust me, the rebate processing centers are well versed in not believing why dates on rebate forms have an error as told by the person wanting the rebate
THEY WONT BELIEVE YOU

There is nothing to believe / trust. These guys have taken the credit card numbers and they will generate the invoice with tomorrow's date which is a valid date for the rebate. And if you go to them for tires on Tue, they will generate a back-date invoice for the rebate. And in the absolute worst case, call their corporate and they will fix it for you.

I have found that true regarding Staples, in fact they pay the rebate on the spot once they see your
rejection eMail

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   1. One beauty of buying from America's tire is free tire rotations/balancing every 6,000 miles. So if you don't have one locally, find a chain that has similar deal on rotation/balancing.

Are you saying the tread wears off to the extent that it needs to be replaced much sooner than the warranted/rated miles. At that point you take it to the store to get a prorated refund. E.g., if a 70k tires has no useable tread left after 40k miles, you get 4/7 of the original price paid?

Are there any restrictions on time between purchase and when you can make such a claim?

You don't even have to wear the tire out fully. Somewhere around 3mm/4mm tread is fine. You will get 3/7 of the price back - but they might use a price net of rebates. If the tire starts cracking due to age, you won't get the pro-rated amount back. 

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
fwuser12 said:   

You don't even have to wear the tire out fully. Somewhere around 3mm/4mm tread is fine. You will get 3/7 of the price back - but they might use a price net of rebates. If the tire starts cracking due to age, you won't get the pro-rated amount back. 

Assuming this is 3-4 mm of total tread (not usable tread, since the last 2-3 mm of tread is not usable legally and from a safety point of view, anyway), it is fairly close to a fully worn tire. I am sure this works fine if you drive average or slightly above average miles per year. Say around 40-50k miles in three years would wear of many mid-range tires down to 3-4 mm tread.

When you say "If the tire starts cracking due to age", is there a hard time limit? For example, would six years be considered too long. Reason I ask is because (a) it is unsafe to drive on tires by the time cracks show up (b) after about six years, the rubber compound can deteriorate and cause issues with the structural integrity of the tire (at least that is what some sites suggest).

In such a situation do you just show up at the counter and ask them for a prorated refund (which they provide after measuring the tread and calculating mileage since tire installation)?

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   
fwuser12 said:   

Assuming this is 3-4 mm of total tread (not usable tread, since the last 2-3 mm of tread is not usable legally and from a safety point of view, anyway), it is fairly close to a fully worn tire. I am sure this works fine if you drive average or slightly above average miles per year. Say around 40-50k miles in three years would wear of many mid-range tires down to 3-4 mm tread.

When you say "If the tire starts cracking due to age", is there a hard time limit? For example, would six years be considered too long. Reason I ask is because (a) it is unsafe to drive on tires by the time cracks show up (b) after about six years, the rubber compound can deteriorate and cause issues with the structural integrity of the tire (at least that is what some sites suggest).

In such a situation do you just show up at the counter and ask them for a prorated refund (which they provide after measuring the tread and calculating mileage since tire installation)?

Either you would be down to 3mm and covered by pro-ration or it would crack and then you are not covered. You might be able to persuade a salesman to do pro-ration at 6mm by adding additional mileage but that is ymmv.

rated:
Who mails rebates to a processing center anymore?  I submitted all rebates online.  Store provided the instructions. The two rebates for Discount Tire - the ones outside the in-store rebates dates - were approved hours later.  Still waiting for the mfg rebate but not worried because I met the dates for that rebate.

Skipping 11 Messages...
rated:
I bought 4 tires at the B&M Discount Tire shop in Houston today.  The tires for my Ford Focus were $51 each (off brand called Sentury).  Installation with lifetime rotation and balancing was $16/tire and state disposal fee was $2.50/tire.  My out the door cost after tax was $295.66.  I qualify for $85 in rebates under the Labor Day offer ($25 on the tires plus $60 for using a DT credit card).  So my final cost will be $210.66.

I do always use the lifetime rotation and balancing and even sometimes get a flat fixed for free.  Never a hassle with those services and the personnel are always courteous.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017