PIZZA HUT - 50% OFF Pizza Menu Sept 5 - 11

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
 50% OFF Pizza Menu is still valid
Including GLUTEN-FREE !

The company is offering 50 percent off menu-priced pizza orders placed through Pizza Hut's online ordering systems for carryout or delivery from Sept. 5 through Sept. 11.
So go forth, grab your pizza-loving pals, and celebrate . . . because you deserve nice things!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Coupon still works today in Chicago suburbs.

MisterBeefhead (Sep. 06, 2017 @ 11:20a) |

It still to still be working in my area too. I'm wondering if somebody set up the coupon incorrectly to where it runs un... (more)

sdskees (Sep. 06, 2017 @ 11:23a) |

$5 CHEESE  NO LONGER WORKING

RegUSPatOff (Sep. 06, 2017 @ 6:22p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
So for all the pizza places using fake cheese or less then 20% real cheese, they should be exempt from this deal, so that takes out all The Hut, Dom,  Johns and the few others

rated:
I'll be doing this for sure. Now, the challenge to see if your local Pizza Hut will accept this offer. I've shared my stories of them being nasty when you use these online offers and thought I was alone (specifically I've gone to pick up pizzas, they chewed me out about using an "unauthorized" offer for their location even though the email comes from corporate with the address of my local one on it, cancel my online order and reenter it in the computer without the coupon code, and demand I pay full price for my order), and as it turns out, that kind of stuff happens at lots of Pizza Huts all over the country. They've been pretty good lately about honoring these things, at least in my area, so hopefully they will be for this too.

rated:
What do you mean by "fake cheese?" What are they actually using?

rated:
sdskees said:   I'll be doing this for sure. Now, the challenge to see if your local Pizza Hut will accept this offer. I've shared my stories of them being nasty when you use these online offers and thought I was alone (specifically I've gone to pick up pizzas, they chewed me out about using an "unauthorized" offer for their location even though the email comes from corporate with the address of my local one on it, cancel my online order and reenter it in the computer without the coupon code, and demand I pay full price for my order), and as it turns out, that kind of stuff happens at lots of Pizza Huts all over the country. They've been pretty good lately about honoring these things, at least in my area, so hopefully they will be for this too.
  That sounds like fraud dude, I'd just jet and file a complaint with corporate.

rated:
kuroukage said:   What do you mean by "fake cheese?" What are they actually using?

It's mostly mozzarella cheese, it seems. The only true cheeses on pizzas in these restaurants is mozzarella and provolone. 

Using a preservative mist to prevent pizzas from crumbling in cold storage, various flavors can also be created alongside food coloring. Leprino Foods, the company which provides the cheese for Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Little Caesers, etc, first used this method in 1972. I suppose they have been doing it since. Pizza restaurants order tons of cheese so preservation is optimal.
On the cheese side, Leprino hustled to satisfy Pizza Hut, which went public in 1972 with around 1,000 stores and, at its peak in the 1990s, accounted for 90% of Leprino's sales. Pizza Hut franchises would sometimes wait too long to thaw the presliced mozzarella and reported that their cheese would crumble, so Leprino Foods responded with its first major breakthrough: a preservative mist. The scientists there soon realized that this method allowed them to add flavors such as salted caramel and jalapeņo. They could even make a reduced fat "cheddar" by using a mozzarella base and then misting on cheddar flavor and orange food coloring. Leprino Foods' production rose sixteenfold, to 2 million pounds of cheese a week.
Source
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2017/05/23/james-leprin... 

It also seems Leprino Foods is the primary dairy provider for Hot Pockets, Stouffers, Smart Ones, Pillsbury, Yoplait, and baby formula products. 

rated:
webdoctors said:   
sdskees said:   I'll be doing this for sure. Now, the challenge to see if your local Pizza Hut will accept this offer. I've shared my stories of them being nasty when you use these online offers and thought I was alone (specifically I've gone to pick up pizzas, they chewed me out about using an "unauthorized" offer for their location even though the email comes from corporate with the address of my local one on it, cancel my online order and reenter it in the computer without the coupon code, and demand I pay full price for my order), and as it turns out, that kind of stuff happens at lots of Pizza Huts all over the country. They've been pretty good lately about honoring these things, at least in my area, so hopefully they will be for this too.

Yeah, I don't see how this ends in anything other than an apology from corporate and maybe some free pizza for you. 

rated:
00sweeney said:   
webdoctors said:   

Yeah, I don't see how this ends in anything other than an apology from corporate and maybe some free pizza for you. 

Oh I did complain, I got an apology and a $10 gift card. And after I complained, I never had any trouble again, although I never went back to the one particular location (though the other ones in my area all have the same franchise owner and same general policies).

rated:
00sweeney said:   
webdoctors said:   

I don't know about Pizza Hut, but I've worked in corporate that has franchises in the past and they do take complains of pretty seriously. If it's serious enough or the volume is high enough, they can be placed on probation and or lose their store.  

rated:
My fav part of the year cheap and tasty pizza

rated:
I hope it applies to a pan pizza... mmm, greasy fried dough.

rated:
Surely gotta rush towards the outlet

rated:
Some6uy008 said:   
I don't know about Pizza Hut, but I've worked in corporate that has franchises in the past and they do take complains of pretty seriously. If it's serious enough or the volume is high enough, they can be placed on probation and or lose their store.  

So I was trying to find info about the local franchise group, it happens to be owned by a former high level executive at Yum! Brands (they have their world headquarters in my city). Anyway, in doing so, I found something very interesting, the manager at the particular location that kept giving me a hard time was fired a few years ago after being caught deleting hours and committing wage theft.  As it turns out, the manager was going through the computer and deleting hours that employees had worked, oddly very similar behavior to going through on the computer and canceling my online orders with coupons and reentering them without the coupons. Maybe I should give the one in my neighborhood another try now since it sounds like the real problem may be gone.

rated:
I get a message saying, "This coupon is no longer available online." Is anyone having success?

rated:
ArbitraryChicken said:   I get a message saying, "This coupon is no longer available online." Is anyone having success?
I just tried in Missouri and it worked fine...tried to add toppings and it would, at $1.50 per.  So if you want a one-topping large, looks like you could get it for $6.50.  

rated:
Must be regional. OP should update. I tried several locations near me in MD with no success. Then tried one not far from me in PA and it worked.

rated:
Not working for my location in SW MO

same message
 "This coupon is no longer available online."

rated:
Preservative mist used on the cheese doesn't sound very good. I'll make my own pizza and use natural cheese.

rated:
BFFW said:   Not working for my location in SW MO

same message

which location ?

rated:
BFFW said:   Not working for my location in SW MO

same message

That was the message that I was getting this morning before they opened, I think they have it set up to where it won't work until they're open. It is working fine now, at least for me.

rated:
My biggest problem with my local pizza hut is they keep 'running out' of cheese packets.

rated:
Does anyone know if Pizza Hut has changed their "recipe" in the last 6 to 12 months? Every time we get one now, it has too much cheese and is undercooked, resulting in sloppy pizza that sticks to the box after you put it in the fridge.

rated:
Coupon / offer just worked for me in Indy. $5. I then also ordered a 50% off pizzas, too. 

rated:
kstraka said:   Does anyone know if Pizza Hut has changed their "recipe" in the last 6 to 12 months? Every time we get one now, it has too much cheese and is undercooked, resulting in sloppy pizza that sticks to the box after you put it in the fridge.
  It seems like some Pizza Huts' quality can vary by location. At least according to my mother, the one where my sister lives was terrible, while the one where I live is decent. However, what is this "too much cheese" to which you refer?

Thanks for the heads up for the deal OP; it's nice to just have a random pizza after work.

rated:
DarthWoo said:   
kstraka said:   Does anyone know if Pizza Hut has changed their "recipe" in the last 6 to 12 months? Every time we get one now, it has too much cheese and is undercooked, resulting in sloppy pizza that sticks to the box after you put it in the fridge.
  It seems like some Pizza Huts' quality can vary by location. At least according to my mother, the one where my sister lives was terrible, while the one where I live is decent. However, what is this "too much cheese" to which you refer?

Thanks for the heads up for the deal OP; it's nice to just have a random pizza after work.

"Too much cheese" can be a real problem at the chain pizza places, because they still cook them as if they would if they had a normal amount of cheese. What ends up happening is all of the heat goes to melting the cheese and the rest of the pizza goes uncooked, you get a really soggy and undercooked pizza and often the cheese will fall off in one big clump. Sometimes, you'll get home with the pizza and find all of the cheese has slid off of the pizza and in the corner of the box. If the pizza is properly cooked, it isn't a problem, and non-chains adjust accordingly.

rated:
THANK YOU. MY FAMILY JUST ENJOYED THE $5 LARGE PIZZA. Ignore the nay-sayers!

rated:
  select: "LESS CHEESE" from the menu

rated:
Thanks OP! Ordered tonight for pickup tomorrow at noon. Was able to get today's price for tomorrow's pickup.

rated:
The code SAYCHEESE  still works. Ordered a large pepperoni for $6.55 in Florida even though it's past midnight

rated:
forbin4040 said:   My biggest problem with my local pizza hut is they keep 'running out' of cheese packets.
You know that those cheese packets are not really cheese right?

Remember the long running code TEOMED3T6 for a 3 topping medium is my go to code.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
jschuman said:   You know that those cheese packets are not really cheese right?

What exactly do you think is in there?

(It's cheese)

rated:
Coupon still works today in Chicago suburbs.

rated:
It still to still be working in my area too. I'm wondering if somebody set up the coupon incorrectly to where it runs until the 50% off promotion goes. If so, that would be nice...

rated:
$5 CHEESE  NO LONGER WORKING

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017