• filter:

Huawei Honor 8 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Pearl White) $279.99 at bhphotovideo.com + FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Huawei Honor 8 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Pearl White)
$279.99
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1279599-REG/huawei_51090wcc_honor_8_64gb_gsm.html

Member Summary

Huawei Honor 8 64GB Smartphone (26.13kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I cannot overstate how great this phone is. For $10 cheaper the 32gb is also available (but c'mon $10 for 2x the space?).

Camera on it is crazy good. Zero lag.

rated:
Nice phone, but beware, warranty only through B&H.

rated:
It's a good phone but not the one I want -_-

rated:
Great features for a low price.

rated:
Amazon price is 330$ !! Great deal.

rated:
How does this compare to LG v20 or the new v30?

rated:
Would not trust the security of my data on a Chinese company's phone.

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   Would not trust the security of my data on a Chinese company's phone.
  Just curious, are there any phones that are not made in China?

rated:
not bad.thanks

rated:
monikakhanliya said:   Amazon price is 330$ !! Great deal.
  It is the same price in Amazon for "pearl white" model.

rated:
george2001 said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   Would not trust the security of my data on a Chinese company's phone.
  Just curious, are there any phones that are not made in China?

It isn't the hardware manufacturer that he's worried about.  The software (aka firmware in phones) is customized by Huawei who has close ties to China's government.  They have a penchant for monitoring user traffic for censorship and punitive purposes.  Those backdoors may or may not exist in international versions, no one knows for sure until it's analyzed by security researchers.

Edit: Here's a real life example
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/china-phones-soft...

Not saying that this Huawei has such a security vulnerability, but it hasn't been ruled out either.

rated:
dogmeat said:   Nice phone, but beware, warranty only through B&H.

Huawei does have a 3 month "concierge" replacement for the glass front/back. 

rated:
Any Huawei product being called Honor is hilarious, the amount of IP Huawei have stolen!

rated:
Does this come with Android marshmallow or nougat? If marshmallow then can it be upgraded to nougat since it is a non-carrier phone?

rated:
It will either come with marshmallow and update after you activate or come with nougat already. The nougat update fixed some issues and caused some other issues, but I still recommend it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017