This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • filter:

Ridgid 12 gallon wet/dry vac $29.97 after GC @ Home Depot

  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot has a Ridgid 12 gallon, 5 HP wet/dry vac for $69.97
Model WD1245

From 6/1/06 through 6/28/06, you receive a $40 gift card (via MIR) when you make any Ridgid vac purchase of $69 or more.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Argh, what a bunch of morons!! They are saying I should have sent a receipt AND a Customer Service Invoice and I only s... (more)

berlinsmommy (Aug. 15, 2006 @ 3:23p) |

I had gotten a gift card of 40$ soon after I sent in the rebate. I never got a chance to use it. Today I got a mailer fr... (more)

ragz (Aug. 29, 2006 @ 9:01a) |

I got the letter (tear off sides, not a postcard) saying I did not include the original upc yesterday. The first time I... (more)

joelbert (Sep. 01, 2006 @ 6:11p) |

Rebate Link

What happened to the Home Depot FatCash? Was 3% wasn't it? Hopefully AARP still has 4% off HD GCs.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks, OP.

rated:

rated:
thanks op and to doldrums for a helpful link.

rated:
thanks op. no Homedeppot coupons floating around to make this any more sweeter ?

rated:
So it actually costs $69.97.

rated:
upNdown said: So it actually costs $69.97.

Yup.

rated:
gocint said: thanks op. no Homedeppot coupons floating around to make this any more sweeter ?

I got a Lowes $10 off $25 in the mail the other day. They should accept that.

rated:
Any coupon will bring down the price below $69. Will there be a problem with Rebate?

rated:
SafetyDance said: gocint said: thanks op. no Homedeppot coupons floating around to make this any more sweeter ?

I got a Lowes $10 off $25 in the mail the other day. They should accept that.

Sure it will accept it!

rated:
can this be used as normal vaccum for vaccuming carpet in apt, or this for garage only?

rated:
sardarji said: Any coupon will bring down the price below $69. Will there be a problem with Rebate?
"Qualified total is based on pre-tax price," rebate form reads. So this is a valid concern...
It's also available for online order, free shipping (>$49)...
Thanks OP, always want one for garage/basement.

rated:
nanga said: can this be used as normal vaccum for vaccuming carpet in apt, or this for garage only?

You can, but it much harder to move around, etc than a regular vacuum. Also, it doesn't have a beater bar, so it's not going to get deep down dirt.

rated:
sardarji said: Any coupon will bring down the price below $69. Will there be a problem with Rebate?
trust me you WILL get your rebate!

rated:
Is this the same one they had on Balck Friday last year? I was going to pick one up but was too late

rated:
Thanks so much. I always wanted a wet/dy vac just in case. It would be handy for that juice spill the other day.

rated:
Sorry, may I ask a basic question?

I always wonder what's the difference with the regualr vacuum cleaner? For the juice spill up which is pretty rare, can't we just use some paper towel?

rated:
OK, here's a better example:

Your dog pees on the carpet, discharging about six ounces of fluid in a 6" by 8" area.

A paper towel will absorb a small bit on the surface, where your new wet dry will suck up most of it down to the padding..

More fluid removed = less stink tomorrow.

rated:
Thanks OP! One for me and green for you!

rated:
Nice deal OP. In for one.

rated:
sixpackdate said: OK, here's a better example:

Your dog pees on the carpet, discharging about six ounces of fluid in a 6" by 8" area.

A paper towel will absorb a small bit on the surface, where your new wet dry will suck up most of it down to the padding..

More fluid removed = less stink tomorrow.


You are sooooo practical

rated:
Is this BM only or can we order online? The rebate states "participating U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii) The Home Depot stores only."

rated:
Thanks.
SafetyDance said: nanga said: can this be used as normal vaccum for vaccuming carpet in apt, or this for garage only?

You can, but it much harder to move around, etc than a regular vacuum. Also, it doesn't have a beater bar, so it's not going to get deep down dirt.

rated:
Thanks.
SafetyDance said: nanga said: can this be used as normal vaccum for vaccuming carpet in apt, or this for garage only?

You can, but it much harder to move around, etc than a regular vacuum. Also, it doesn't have a beater bar, so it's not going to get deep down dirt.

rated:
sixpackdate said: paper towel will absorb a small bit on the surface, where your new wet dry will suck up most of it down to the padding.. in terms of wet sucking is this thing better/worse than say a hoover steam vac ?

rated:
sixpackdate said: paper towel will absorb a small bit on the surface, where your new wet dry will suck up most of it down to the padding.. in terms of wet sucking is this thing better/worse than say a hoover steam vac ?

rated:
Couple of things would like to mention:
First of all this is great shop vac!!! With 5HP and 12 gallon capacity this excellent product and value. I personally have this and yes, I bought it in last blackfriday for like $24, and it's worth every penny of it. Second, it not rebate check it's Home Depot gift card of $40 back, so you can buy more great products from HomeDepot. That's my 2cents!

rated:
kshah2 said: Couple of things would like to mention:
First of all this is great shop vac!!! With 5HP and 12 gallon capacity this excellent product and value. I personally have this and yes, I bought it in last blackfriday for like $24, and it's worth every penny of it. Second, it not rebate check it's Home Depot gift card of $40 back, so you can buy more great products from HomeDepot. That's my 2cents!


Like a grill!

Seriously... pulled the trigger on one online, now I'm waiting to hear if online purchases are valid for the gift card offer!

Geoff

rated:
Even if the rebate is valid online I would think twice or even three times before ordering from homecrepo.com. Their online customer service is horrendous maybe even criminal negligent. The ratings on reseller ratings is a 2.xx. See the recent grill thread which is but one of many threads over the last six months to a year where people got burned with homecrepo.com (link attached below for you reading plesure). I have no problems whatsoever with the B&M stores.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=615055&start=301

rated:
FAKE

rated:
jeffw11 said: Is this BM only or can we order online? The rebate states "participating U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii) The Home Depot stores only."

Just talked with a Gift Card center representative, and she said (for what it's worth) as long as the form is accompanied by something that shows the price you paid for the item (like the confirmation page, or your order history page), they will honour the gift card application.

Geoff

rated:
Good deal OP. The vacuum works great.

Wet vacuuming is perfect for carpets and auto interiors, but I found it ruins the filter inside unless you air it out to dry afterward. The basic filters are rather expensive, and the optional HEPA ones very pricey.

rated:
in for one, thx op!

rated:
Thats a photoshop copy of the one that expired.Yes it sure is, so I'd be prepared to "run" like a bandit out of the store when the manager wanders by

rated:
Budoman said: Good deal OP. The vacuum works great.

Wet vacuuming is perfect for carpets and auto interiors, but I found it ruins the filter inside unless you air it out to dry afterward. The basic filters are rather expensive, and the optional HEPA ones very pricey.


You shouldnt use the dust filters when sucking wet stuff

rated:
No go on the coupon for me.

rated:
nynate said: Budoman said: Good deal OP. The vacuum works great.

Wet vacuuming is perfect for carpets and auto interiors, but I found it ruins the filter inside unless you air it out to dry afterward. The basic filters are rather expensive, and the optional HEPA ones very pricey.


You shouldnt use the dust filters when sucking wet stuff


ha? got to check user manual, you mean the cylindrical paper~ish filter in the center should be taken off before sucking water?

rated:
Yes, second that. The dust filter is to be removed when using for wet.

rated:
original = $73.47
after the coupon = $59.47
after dealpass = $48.28
after rebate = $8.28

Thanks OP!



EDIT: I edited my post to include 5% Masschusetts sales tax.

Skipping 138 Messages...
rated:
I got the letter (tear off sides, not a postcard) saying I did not include the original upc yesterday. The first time I called I chose option 1 "Received a postcard after 8/25/06......". After 15 minutes on hold I get a csr who says she can only handle postcards, not letters with tear off sides, and I need to choose option 3. I called again, and after 20 minutes of hold I get a CSR who takes my info and says "good news". Apparently after they sent me the rejection letter on 8/23 they manually resubmitted my rebate, and it will be paid in 4- 6 weeks. She said they did a large batch of resubmits on this offer on 8/25, because the computer incorrectly spit out a lot of the rejections.

Hope this info helps, and if you get rejected, and call in to check on it make sure you differentiate between the letter, and postcard.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017