• filter:
This deal has expired.

Invicta automatic pro diver at Amazon-$69 shipped

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
This a really good deal on this watch. It is a rarity to get an automatic watch for $69. And an top of this Amazon ships it for free.
link

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
what model# ?

I don't see $69.

is deal dead ?

thanks

aip001 (Feb. 17, 2008 @ 1:27p) |

OK, big shots, I own an Omega Seamaster Ref. 2220.80.00. Once of the finest watches I have seen and used. I owned 2 Role... (more)

BigThrust (Jun. 25, 2008 @ 8:20a) |

That watch + backpack is now $90 if the backpack is worth $20 to you.

taf (Jul. 22, 2008 @ 10:06p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Is this using swiss movement or japan movement ?

rated:
Amazon and woot teamed up. Thanks op. Nice deal.

rated:
jasoncwlee said: Is this using swiss movement or japan movement ?

Thats Japanese Miyota 21 jewels which is more accurate then Swiss ETA (not as prestigious though). Comparison is based on my own experience as I own watches with both movements.

rated:
I was hoping the deal was for this watch. I don't like the rubber band.

rated:
Nice deal
This watch looks to be similar to the Invicta Men's Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch #8926 with steel bandText

I got the 8926 from a FW deal a yr ago and this watch is still running great.

rated:
This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

Don't people buy automatics for the engineering and craftsmanship? I would have hard time putting an Invicta on my wrist. Something about buying a watch sold on infomercials gives me the creeps. They come across as a marketing company and not a watchmaker.

I have an Omega Seamaster but I also proudly wear a Seiko SKX007 ($129). You can get Seiko 5's in this price range ($69), but probably not divers. I like Seiko because they are a real watchmaker(only Seiko and Jaeger-LeCoultre and maybe now Omega make all the parts for a watch)and not a marketing company.

rated:
I got a similarish watch from Invicta back with ShopNBC for 12 dollars or something a while back.

This one

Its worked well, but only has 100m water resistance and swiss movement...

Im not sure how much all the bells and whistles make this one worth, thought Id share.

rated:
onkyo said: I was hoping the deal was for this watch. I don't like the rubber band.

They have several other Invicta models also without the rubber band.
Here

And here
For a lil less $

rated:
dlhuss said: This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

Don't people buy automatics for the engineering and craftsmanship? I would have hard time putting an Invicta on my wrist. Something about buying a watch sold on infomercials gives me the creeps. They come across as a marketing company and not a watchmaker.

I have an Omega Seamaster but I also proudly wear a Seiko SKX007 ($129). You can get Seiko 5's in this price range ($69), but probably not divers. I like Seiko because they are a real watchmaker(only Seiko and Jaeger-LeCoultre and maybe now Omega make all the parts for a watch)and not a marketing company.

I agree people quote this Manufacturer's name like it's a PATEK PHILIPPE or something. Ten years ago I never even HEARD of this Co.I would MUCH rather wear a Citizen than this crap(Sorry)

P.S. I have NEVER seen this watch in a MAJOR Dept. Store or Jeweler

rated:

rated:
If you want a nice looking inexpensive watch, buy one of these. I did. The one I bought looks very similar to a Submariner. Still working great over a year later. No problems with the self-winding mechanism. It keeps great time too. My .02

rated:
Rodlhuss said: This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

It does not make sense to put seiko and jaeger-lecoultre in the same category. And by the way very few watchmakers build their watches entirely in-house and most uses movements build by others( ETA,Roger Dubuis...) And for those thad do not know Invicta is one of the largest watch making/selling companies with price range up to several thousand dollars.

rated:
looks small

rated:
wishbone said: onkyo said: I was hoping the deal was for this watch. I don't like the rubber band.

They have several other Invicta models also without the rubber band.
Here

And here
For a lil less $

Those are both quartz movements!!!!!!!

rated:
Mulligan said: looks small
That's sarcasm, right?

rated:
dlhuss said: This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

OMG, could anybody possibly care what you think?

rated:
marekny7 said: Rodlhuss said: This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

It does not make sense to put seiko and jaeger-lecoultre in the same category. And by the way very few watchmakers build their watches entirely in-house and most uses movements build by others( ETA,Roger Dubuis...) And for those thad do not know Invicta is one of the largest watch making/selling companies with price range up to several thousand dollars.

i'm not saying that you're doing this, but i dunno why people look down upon seikos.

as for comparing sekios with much more expensive and high-end watches. you can compare them with their higher end spring drive and credor lines.

rated:
Thanks OP in for one. I have a lot of watches and the quartz watches always seem to need batteries. These Invicta mechanicals never need them.

rated:
Is it really that hard to find an inexpensive automatic watch?

There are a bunch of Seiko's on Amazon around that same price range:

Amazon Linkage.

rated:
^ those are not dive watches. Seiko 5 autos can always be found from reputable sellers on eBay for $50 or so.

This is a nice watch for the price, but the 8926 has the metal band and sells about twice a year at this price from Amazon. The metal band is VERY nice on the 8926.

No, it is not for watch snobs, but the watch GEEKS at watchuseek.com LOVE this watch for the price.

rated:
Nephilim said: ^ those are not dive watches. Seiko 5 autos can always be found from reputable sellers on eBay for $50 or so.

This is a nice watch for the price, but the 8926 has the metal band and sells about twice a year at this price from Amazon. The metal band is VERY nice on the 8926.

No, it is not for watch snobs, but the watch GEEKS at watchuseek.com LOVE this watch for the price.

Agreed. I have the quart movement with metal band. Keeps great time and looks great. Perfect for everyday use and I don't care if it gets scratched. All you watch snobs, this thread is not for you.

rated:
Here is one reason: no more need for replacing battery.

I bought the 8926 model more than a year ago. Completely happy with the accuracy and quality. Knowing that it will cost less than $100 to replace, I wear it everyday, in every condition. Mine has stood up to daily shower, many dip in Atlantic ocean, a swing to solid ground, jogging, many tennis games, boxing on Wii, and more. Of cause a Omega Seamaster will probably hold its own under those conditions as well, but how many people would put a luxury watch through such ordeals?

And my Invicta stood up to one more challenge: I took a small hammer and a flat-head screwdriver, and chiseled away the date magnifier piece by piece. Take that Omega!

rated:
Nephilim said: ^ those are not dive watches. Seiko 5 autos can always be found from reputable sellers on eBay for $50 or so.

The #8926 is the one I bought too. The band is very nice as stated. Hold out for that one. I paid about $70 for it a little over a year ago. Great watch

rated:
what model# ?

I don't see $69.

is deal dead ?

thanks

rated:
Kingofthenet said: dlhuss said: This is probably a threadcrap, but why would anyone buy an Invicta + Automatic?

I agree people quote this Manufacturer's name like it's a PATEK PHILIPPE or something. Ten years ago I never even HEARD of this Co.I would MUCH rather wear a Citizen than this crap(Sorry)

P.S. I have NEVER seen this watch in a MAJOR Dept. Store or Jeweler

OK, big shots, I own an Omega Seamaster Ref. 2220.80.00. Once of the finest watches I have seen and used. I owned 2 Rolex submariners. They were junk for what you pay. I own 2 Invicta watches. One is am Abyss quartz and the other is the Pro Diver automatic with the coin edge bezel. For the money, the Invictas are hard to beat. The overall quality is surprisingly good for the money. I am wearing my Pro diver as I write this and can say for a fact that it keeps excellent time. So, do not "knock" what you do not know.

By the way dlhuss, Seiko is just as commercial as Invica. I have seen Seikos for sale in grocery stores. Seiko can make a good watch, but they also produce crap too.

rated:
onkyo said: I was hoping the deal was for this watch. I don't like the rubber band.That watch + backpack is now $90 if the backpack is worth $20 to you.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017