• filter:
This deal has expired.

DISH Network Promo 8/1: YEAR of Discounts! Free Platinum HD PERMANENTLY For New & Old Customers! **NO REFERRALS**

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
REFFERALS AND SOLICITING IN ANY FORM INCLUDING REFERRAL CODES AND REFERRAL LINKS VIOLATE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FAT WALLET.

DISH Network August 1, 2009 Promotion.

For shopping, information or ordering directly from Dish Network go to the Dish Network Resources at the bottom of this post.

NEW Customer Promotions:

---Classic Packages Save an additional $180.00 the First Year!

---Free 18 Premium Movie Channels of HBO & Showtime for 3 months! ($86.94 value) No commitment to keep HBO & Showtime after the free promotion.

---Free installation on up to 4 TVs! ($199.00 value)

---3 For Free: Get HD Receivers For Up To 3 TVs! (No HD equipment upgrade fees on up to 3 HDTVs! Monthly lease fees on second and above receivers may apply.)

---Free activation! ($99.00 value)

---Free Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP) for 9 months! ($35.84 value) No commitment to keep DHPP after the free promotion.

---Free HD DVR lease upgrade! ($200 value) Covers two televisions independently! The DISH Network HD DVR has been reviewed by CNET to be “the Best HD DVR on the Planet” and “Better than Tivo.”

---Free DVR lease upgrade! Covers two televisions independently!

---Free Platinum HD channels permanently when you subscribe to a Classic Package and HD! ($120.00/year value)
Platinum channels include: HD Movie channels MGM-HD, Universal-HD and HDNet Movies; Sports channels NBA-TV HD and NHL HD; along with A&E's Crime & Investigation HD, FashionTV HD, BET Jazz HD, LOGO HD, MavTV HD and World Fishing Network HD.

---Receive 5 Premium Movie Channels (4 in HD) of Cinemax for only a penny a year! ($155.87 value) (Subject to change without notice; this is a temporary promotion.) No commitment to keep Cinemax. UPDATE: The Cinamax Penny a Year offer ended, however as of Oct. 26th it's still available if you order online thru Dish Network's DishBuilder online wizard (see Dish Network Resources below).

Total first year savings for NEW customers is $976.65! Receive almost a thousand dollars in savings in return for a 24 month commitment to the best value in television in America. You only need to maintain a minimum basic qualifying package of at least $19.99/mo. during the commitment period. More International packages now qualify as minimum basic qualifying packages.

Promotion Package Monthly Prices for NEW Customers:

Classic Bronze 100 with local channels: Regular: $39.99 Promo: $24.99 (Full Year)

Classic Bronze 100 Plus (Regional Sports Networks): Regular: $44.99 Promo: $29.99 (Full Year)

Classic Silver 200 with local channels: Regular: $52.99 Promo: $37.99 (Full Year)

Classic Gold 250 with local channels: Regular: $62.99 Promo: $47.99 (Full Year)

Options:

DVR service: $5.98/mo. (First DVR service fee is $5.00 if you subscribe to local channels).

HD & Platinum: $10/mo. Now includes Platinum HD channels permanently which WERE an additional $10/mo.!

Multi-Sports Package: $5.99/mo. Now includes the new NFL Red Zone channel in HD & SD at no extra charge in addition to NBA TV, NHL Network and 29 local sports networks!
(Available with Classic Bronze Plus and above packages.)

EXISTING Customers: (Subject to change without notice.)

---Free Platinum HD channels permanently when you subscribe to a Classic Package and HD! ($120.00/year value)
Platinum channels include: HD Movie channels MGM-HD, Universal-HD and HDNet Movies; Sports channels NBA-TV HD and NHL HD; along with A&E's Crime & Investigation HD, FashionTV HD, BET Jazz HD, LOGO HD, MavTV HD and World Fishing Network HD.

EXISTING customers with a Classic Package and a $10 HD add-on (the old BronzeHD, SilverHD or GoldHD) may be eligible. TurboHD customers are NOT eligible but may upgrade to a Classic Package to become eligible. Existing customers already WITH the $10 Platinum HD add-on will have to first remove PlatinumHD and their $10 HD add-on. Then you can add the newly combined $10 "HD & Platinum" add-on. This will save you $10 a month. Existing customers with a Classic Package and a $10 HD add-on will have to first remove the $10 HD add-on before having the option to add the $10 HD & Platinum. Everyone will need to make the programming change in either their online account, by online chat or as a last resort by calling in.

Best way to change to HD & Platinum programming for EXISTING customers with Classic packages: (I helped two friends do this and it worked fine.)

1. Sign into your online account and click on “Programming” link on the left side of the page.
2. Under HD Programming options uncheck all of your current HD package(s).
3. Click “Review and Order” at the bottom of the page. (Verify all HD Package(s) were removed)
4. Click on the red “Back” button at the bottom of the page. You should see the “HD & Platinum” option.
5. Click on HD & Platinum for $10.
6. Click on “Review and Order” button. (Verify combined “HD & Platinum” package was added.)
7. Click on “Order” button. You should see the Platinum HD channels on your screen in 5-15 minutes.

NOTE: The Dish website is gets hammered periodically so you may have to “refresh” your browser at times during the process.

DISH Network Resources:

DishBuilder.Net The official Dish Network Dish Builder and its tutorial for NEW (first-time only) customers uses the official Dish Network website so you can easily place orders directly online from Dish Network which is strongly recommended by several forums and threads. Dish Builder also allows NEW (first-time only) customers to configure Dish equipment and programming for maximum value and shows what your monthly bills will look like including tax. You can even select your own installation date & time and put your own notes in the official Dish Network order. It also includes advice and hot tips along the way on how to get the most bang for the buck with Dish Network. The best part is you can print out a hard copy of the official order which includes your notes at the end for your protection. Phone in orders get messed up a lot with misunderstandings and data entry errors so avoid phone orders if at all possible.

Dish Network's been updating their website and a lot of the items listed in the promotion are not yet advertised to the public. However, NEW (first-time only) customers can get everything listed right now through their Dish Builder.

DishBeatsDirectv.com This site gives a great “apples to apples” comparison of Dish Network and Directv using regular prices for both. This eliminates a lot of the confusion caused by the various promotions which are temporary. This way you can see how the costs compare in the long run to help you make a more informed decision. You will also be able to see some of the differences in channels in various packages. Although this is a Dish Network resource it brings up a lot of good points to consider about equipment and programming with both satellite companies. NEW customers can use the Dish Builder above to order directly from Dish Network.

REFFERALS OR SOLICITING IN ANY FORM INCLUDING REFERRAL CODES AND REFERRAL LINKS VIOLATE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FAT WALLET.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
yeah, deals now seem so so.

Seizure (Dec. 03, 2010 @ 3:42p) |

Nicole here and I love love love my Sling Adapter. I travel a lot and always hate having to watch my shows weeks later w... (more)

nvegatech (Jan. 20, 2011 @ 11:03p) |

Nicole here and I love love love my Sling Adapter. I travel a lot and always hate having to watch my shows weeks later w... (more)

nvegatech (Jan. 20, 2011 @ 11:03p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I am sorry,but I find none of these packages on dish network for existing customers. If you have a separate link for existing customers, please list it
Thanks

rated:
Arwood said: I am sorry,but I find none of these packages on dish network for existing customers. If you have a separate link for existing customers, please list it
Thanks

mt66 said:
Starts Saturday, August 1, 2009 at DishNetwork.com

Hasn't actually started yet...

Oh, and it looks like this is the only thing for existing customers:
mt66 said:
---Free Platinum HD channels permanently when you subscribe to a Classic Package and HD! ($120.00/year value); existing customers will also be eligible for this new free Platinum HD promotion. Existing customers do NOT need to call. Existing customers already paying for Platinum HD will have any advance payments for August 1st service and beyond credited back automatically within 2 billing cycles. Existing customers with the $10 HD addon will automatically have the Platinum channels added at no extra charge.

rated:
Sorry, no links are available until the new Promos start Saturday, August 1st.

rated:
I was not sure what platinum HD is. Looking at the website, seem like you get following channels in platinum HD.
- HD Net
- MGM
- Universal
- CI
- NBA
- BOGO
etc.

I think its not worth $10 extra but if its free, then its good. Green for OP.

rated:
Whats the deal after 12 months?

rated:
Platinum HD is not that great at all.. I only subscribe it if NBA season is in full swing but ever since they got rid of Smithsonian HD, i stopped watching Plat HD altogether..

Mindless: I guess after 12 months, you'll be charged at their regular rate..

Not a bad deal, i'll get on the 3 month HBO/Starz thing as i only have Max for a penny right now!

rated:
Woohoo Prornos!

rated:
so how is this accomplished for existing subs?

Call or online come Saturday?

do you have to pay for one year upfront?

will they add tvs to existing subs for freee?

m

rated:
i need 2 hd/dvr's.... that's an extra $200 for the second one!! it's the only reason i haven't switched from comcast

rated:
ptstudent said: i need 2 hd/dvr's.... that's an extra $200 for the second one!! it's the only reason i haven't switched from comcast

They have 2 room HD-DVR. I got mine free when i signed up. Can record/play in either room + can watch separate channels in either room.

rated:
I can't get the Cinemax for a penny deal because of something with me getting my Dish programming through Embarq. Anyone know a way around this?

rated:
seningen said: so how is this accomplished for existing subs?

Call or online come Saturday?

do you have to pay for one year upfront?

will they add tvs to existing subs for freee?

m

It is supposed to be automatic for exisisting subs with a Classic package and HD.

No need to call if you already subscribe to a Classic package with HD. Channels will be added automatically.

No upfront payments for promo.

No promo for adding TVs free.

rated:
How is this better than the current promo of Classic Bronze + Bronze HD for $14.99 a month for six months [Annual Cost - (14.99 * 6 + 49.99 *6) = $389.88]. Annual cost for August promo - (34.99 * 12) = $419.88. Difference of $30. If you switch to a minimum package after six months, the difference is even bigger. One can still get all the other perks you mentioned including 3 mo of HBO + Showtime, Cinemax for a penny and 9 mo. protection plan.

Few question to existing Dish subs. Do you have to pay DVR fee for each and every additional receiver or does one fee cover all (like DirecTv)? Does "Charlie Chat" still exist? Any news on whether MLB Network and Dish Network are looking to become friends?

rated:
chaudha4 said: I was not sure what platinum HD is. Looking at the website, seem like you get following channels in platinum HD.
- HD Net
- MGM
- Universal
- CI
- NBA
- BOGO
etc.

At one time they had another 15 HD channels (Rush HD was awesome!) in this package from the Voom Network but they dropped them and continued charging $10 for just the few remaining channels. I called to downgrade because of the loss of channels and they actually tried to charge me $5. I refused and they agreed just this one time...

rated:
zonked22 said: ptstudent said: i need 2 hd/dvr's.... that's an extra $200 for the second one!! it's the only reason i haven't switched from comcast

They have 2 room HD-DVR. I got mine free when i signed up. Can record/play in either room + can watch separate channels in either room.
It's two rooms but the second room is in SD, not HD. I don't have a HDTV in my second room so doesn't matter to me but may for others.

rated:
YeaBabyYea said: How is this better than the current promo of Classic Bronze + Bronze HD for $14.99 a month for six months [Annual Cost - (14.99 * 6 + 49.99 *6) = $389.88]. Annual cost for August promo - (34.99 * 12) = $419.88. Difference of $30. If you switch to a minimum package after six months, the difference is even bigger. One can still get all the other perks you mentioned including 3 mo of HBO + Showtime, Cinemax for a penny and 9 mo. protection plan.

Few question to existing Dish subs. Do you have to pay DVR fee for each and every additional receiver or does one fee cover all (like DirecTv)? Does "Charlie Chat" still exist? Any news on whether MLB Network and Dish Network are looking to become friends?

I'm not sure about MLB Network next season, but this season has been the best so far for me as far as regional sports go. I get every Braves game.

rated:
That's a great deal if you don't mind the commitment. I am out of contract and pay 80.98 per month for Silver 200 (57.99), Silver HD (10), Platinum HD (10), DHPP (5.98) and some kind of $3 credit. My year and a half old DVR died last week, and they replaced it free of charge with no contract extension. That being said, their compression leaves a lot to be desired-I didn't realize how bad quality was until I had to fire up my HTPC with HD tuner to watch local news. Man, it was sweet. Of course if I wanted local news I wouldn't have satellite anyway. This is a great deal, and I'll see what kind of deal I can swing with them when the 1st comes around.

rated:
no deal if you're only subscribing to TurboHD. I basically have the same deal when I signed up in June. Dish 'deals' don't change much.

rated:
Is a phone line required for dish installation?

rated:
How long does someone have to have been without a subscription for someone to come back as a new customer?

rated:
60 days, or 90 days one of the two. You qualify under former customer promotion which is pretty much the same as Dish DVR Advantage. You still qualify for the promotions mentioned in the thread earlier.

The phone line is not required, but recommended if your getting a Dual Tuner. Like most if not all companies you get charged a 5 dollar fee for an additional room. With the Dual Tuner Receiver the line is run to the 2nd TV eliminating the need for a 2nd receiver. However the charge for the additional room is still 5 dollars, with the phone line connected or on some models a Network Cable, you save the 5 dollar additional room fee. It's a benefit but it's not required.

rated:
How long's the contract committment? 12 months? If I get this and use it for a month and want to cancel because poor signal/etc (I live in a windy area), they'll charge a cancellation? TIA

rated:
ode said: Is a phone line required for dish installation?

I had it installed last week. I called CSR and they said yes, so I got one. Installer said no and never hooked box up to the phone line. Stupid CSRs.

It is only for ordering pay per view direct from the remote (you can still call in the order instead).

rated:
ode said: Is a phone line required for dish installation?

The boxes I have also have network connections, that's how I have mine hooked up. Supposedly you can do it without either, but they charge you additional to download the updates to the schedule and such over the satellite.

rated:
Does anyone know when they are going to relese SlingLoaded VIP 922 HD DVR?

rated:
Just a note to those of you on the fence about satellite, I switched back to cable last year after being on Dish for about 8 years, and I really regret it. Dish's DVR's are light years better than Comcrap. Don't believe cable company propoganda about losing satellite signal in bad weather, either. I can count on one hand the number of times the weather has been bad enough to affect my signal visibly.

If you like TV, you'll like Dish. If I didn't live in an apartment, I'd sign up again in a minute.

rated:
DutchDutch said: How long's the contract committment? 12 months? If I get this and use it for a month and want to cancel because poor signal/etc (I live in a windy area), they'll charge a cancellation? TIA24 months see the details HERE

rated:
what if I have Dish but it is bundled via AT&T...I'll probably lose out on this deal too...just like the free Cinemax...

rated:
chaudha4 said: I was not sure what platinum HD is. Looking at the website, seem like you get following channels in platinum HD.
- HD Net
- MGM
- Universal
- CI
- NBA
- BOGO
etc.

I agree. And what's great is that it's permanently free for both new and existing customers. Here's the full list of 11 Platinum HD channels.

PlatinumHD channels include: HD Movie channels MGM-HD, Universal-HD and HDNet Movies; Sports channels NBA-TV HD and NHL HD; along with A&E's Crime & Investigation HD, FashionTV HD, BET Jazz HD, LOGO HD, MavTV HD and World Fishing Network HD.

rated:
"HD: $10/mo. Starting Aug. 1st includes Platinum HD channels which WAS an additional $10/mo.!"

So the above channels are the only 11 HD channels you get. No local HD?

rated:
I called dish network and they had no clue about this promotion. They have the classic bronze for $20 including locals, HD-DVR and HD-Programming

rated:
bnbhoha said: "HD: $10/mo. Starting Aug. 1st includes Platinum HD channels which WAS an additional $10/mo.!"

So the above channels are the only 11 HD channels you get. No local HD?

These 11 PlatinumHD channels are free additions to your local HD channels and HD addon channels packages (BronzeHD, SilverHD & GoldHD).

rated:
bigdinkel said: I called dish network and they had no clue about this promotion. They have the classic bronze for $20 including locals, HD-DVR and HD-Programming

re-read the title.

rated:
phire420 said: bigdinkel said: I called dish network and they had no clue about this promotion. They have the classic bronze for $20 including locals, HD-DVR and HD-Programming

re-read the title.

I know it starts on August 1st, but they said that they haven't heard anything like this that takes effect on August 1st.

rated:
I don't know if that $5 connection charge matters anymore as I was told a while back that it doesn't however my bill still shows as this costing my nothing. When I did need to use it I simply bought a EOP (Ethernet over Power) adapter for $20 and the newer receivers with HD and DVR have that built right into the tuner. That was a really cool thing to see. I lookk forward to saving $10 on my HD but I see that regualr channels will go up $5

rated:
URDeal said: Does anyone know when they are going to relese SlingLoaded VIP 922 HD DVR?

I called about 2 days ago and they had ZERO info about it.

rated:
Once you have DISH, they never give existing customers anything close to what they advertise for new customers. I've been with them for years and am paying $60 per month for the programming. A new subscriber now gets that for $15 for 6 months and then it goes to $35/mo. If I agree to a new contract, they will only lower my rate to $50/mo and not give me any of the freebies they give new customers. The only way I can get anything close to what new customers get is to switch to another company and switch back after two years. This is how they treat loyal customers.

rated:
Can you get the local channels in HD? I have considered switching from cable, but I do watch some NBC and CBS shows from my local channels in HD. I guess I could try OTA HD, but it would be easier if I could get them through Dish and be able to DVR them.

Skipping 887 Messages...
rated:
Nicole here and I love love love my Sling Adapter. I travel a lot and always hate having to watch my shows weeks later when I get home. Now I can watch all my shows as they air live on my laptop or Smartphone wherever high-speed internet is available. I work for DISH Network and recommend this to all my customers and friends.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017