• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thank you loyal FatWallet users.  As many of you may have noticed, we’re trying many ways to better our products by introducing new designs and features.  While some may stay and some may go away, we’re going to be much more aggressive in our testing and love your feedback.  Because of this testing, not all of you will have the same experiences. 

Thanks again! 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Using SeaMonkey 2.40 doesn't seem to matter if Adblock is on or off. Using Firefox I can load the avatars only with Adbl... (more)

El_Duderino (Nov. 21, 2016 @ 11:11a) |

SeaMonkey isn't an officially supported browser, but we're looking into the issue.  Thanks for the report!

MVP9596 (Nov. 21, 2016 @ 11:22a) |

Like I said, I tried without any add-ons at all (no addons installed, default profile). See attachment.

scripta (Nov. 21, 2016 @ 2:26p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It appears to have broke the full website views using safari on a ipad.

rated:
Its broke on Firefox on PC as well.

rated:
Site is broken in chrome on Mac but works in Firefox.

rated:
Ipad/safari appears fixed

rated:
Which browser it's supposed to work with? On my PC I tried chrome/firefox/ie and everything is broken??

rated:
This was likely a corrupt style sheet and nothing related to any actual design issues.  If you're seeing something wonky, please clear your cache and reload the page.

Thanks!

rated:
works good in chrome for me maybe update your browsers?????

rated:
Mobile site sucks and won't allow me to foce it into desktop site.

rated:
edluv1 said:   Mobile site sucks and won't allow me to foce it into desktop site.
Change Request #87924
Problem:  Mobile site sucks
Solution:  Make Mobile site suck less
Resolution:  Unable to recreate problem.  Change Request closed.

rated:
Connman said:   
edluv1 said:   Mobile site sucks and won't allow me to foce it into desktop site.
Change Request #87924
Problem:  Mobile site sucks
Solution:  Make Mobile site suck less
Resolution:  Unable to recreate problem.  Change Request closed.

You overlooked the obvious solution of changing the mobile site from "suck" to "blow".

To provide some actual feedback on the mobile site, it would be useful to be able to change forums with one click instead of going back to the forum menu each time.

rated:
Mobile site is very clunky in relation to how it handles ignored user posts. Throws a missing post warning when it's the next unread message. Ideally it would match the main site, showing an ignored post and allowing the user to view it.

I wound up just un ignoring everyone but play with it and see

rated:
Is the new format the same information in twice the space?

Is there a revert to old fatwallet option?

rated:
Please put the leave notes regarding click/session back under the shopping details popup box. It hard to track otherwise.

rated:
I don't think View counters are working after the update.

rated:
piroto said:   Is the new format the same information in twice the space?

Is there a revert to old fatwallet option?

I don't notice any difference since the update.

Is there a change log somewhere that tells users what has changed?

rated:
There used to be a "just added" section. Am I just not seeing it or is it gone? thx.

rated:
RSS feed for Hot Deals is 404'ed.

Link 

EDIT: Appears fixed now. (10/2)

rated:
still says Black Friday 2013 ... must be a patch instead of an upgrade ...

rated:
Using Chrome in Classic mode, when I go to fatwallet.com, the private messages button doesn't show up. When I click on Forums, it appears.

rated:
Hot Deals RSS feed isn't updating for me with any new items....

rated:
CGM said:   There used to be a "just added" section. Am I just not seeing it or is it gone? thx.
  
Not seeing it or trending on the home page.

Couple this with the CB (click) notes disappearing and it's clear that information is taking a back seat to something.  Just what am not sure. 

Will not use until click notes are restored. No reason to hide unless someone is thinking about something besides customer friendly. 

rated:
GarySh1 said:   Hot Deals RSS feed isn't updating for me with any new items....
Me too, I miss my RSS feeds.

rated:
Like the old version better than the new- where is just added button?

rated:
I click on deals on the home page, and there's no obvious way to discuss them now.  The forums got removed from the deals page.  WTH?????

Example
https://www.fatwallet.com/Ace-Hardware-coupons/keter-multi-colore...

rated:
This is temporary riznick.  It will be returning fairly soon

rated:
As far as I am concerned, when Fatwallet quit sending "daily best deal", it became useless to me. I haven't developed the habit of initiating deal search on my own. You just took away my participation and I and I am looking at other sites for deals.

rated:
mythmantx said:   As far as I am concerned, when Fatwallet quit sending "daily best deal", it became useless to me. I haven't developed the habit of initiating deal search on my own. You just took away my participation and I and I am looking at other sites for deals.I'm sure going to miss your contributions...all 1 of them (and that was this waste of a post)...

rated:
riznick said:   I click on deals on the home page, and there's no obvious way to discuss them now.  The forums got removed from the deals page.  WTH?????

Example
https://www.fatwallet.com/Ace-Hardware-coupons/keter-multi-colore...

  How is this comment not being upvoted more?  I know I'm not the only one who felt this was really at the heart of Fatwallet?  The ability to discuss the product, whether or not it was a good deal, caveats, etc.  Without this, this site just lost the one thing that kept me coming back here in the face of many other similar site.  Wow...bold move, owners.  Just wondering how in the world removing that would make the site better in any possible way.

rated:
new site issues:
1. Under CashBack, then under click history, it used to show a dollar sign or something to let you know they reported the CashBack. Now nothing is listed.
2. Also under CashBack and click history, it used to have a plus sign to add/edit comments for that click. Now it is removed.
I was able to figure out which had not reported by going back and forth in click history and transactions reported and comparing them to my purchases. However, this is very tedious and time consuming. Please bring back #1 and #2 above.
I requested support on one transaction since the new site went online and I got a reply with EBATES in the reply email's subject line. That was weird.

rated:
bigfatmoney said:   new site issues:
1. Under CashBack, then under click history, it used to show a dollar sign or something to let you know they reported the CashBack. Now nothing is listed.
2. Also under CashBack and click history, it used to have a plus sign to add/edit comments for that click. Now it is removed.
I was able to figure out which had not reported by going back and forth in click history and transactions reported and comparing them to my purchases. However, this is very tedious and time consuming. Please bring back #1 and #2 above.
I requested support on one transaction since the new site went online and I got a reply with EBATES in the reply email's subject line. That was weird.

  That's the new enhancement to the site.  Haven't you been following?

www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1393954/

rated:
I haven't read through all the comments, but if this is a repeat, hopefully it emphasizes the desire for the feature. I miss the fatwallet homepage HOT DEALS and TRENDING discussion highlights. The top deals from the HOT TOPICS and TRENDING discussion were showcased on the fatwallet homepage on the right side of the page.

It would be great to be able to customize this home page to our likings, similar to how we can see details or summarizes of the 'today's best deals' and it remembers our selections. I'd like to beable to customize which forums I can see on the right of the page and if to see the most popular (like it did before) or most recent.

rated:
georgshah said:   I haven't read through all the comments, but if this is a repeat, hopefully it emphasizes the desire for the feature. I miss the fatwallet homepage HOT DEALS and TRENDING discussion highlights. The top deals from the HOT TOPICS and TRENDING discussion were showcased on the fatwallet homepage on the right side of the page.
It's also been mentioned a couple of times in separate threads on the Fatwallet forum, so various FW readers are definitely missing it, as you and I are.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   This is temporary riznick.  It will be returning fairly soon

Still waiting

rated:
Why are being asked ot login each time we want to see Cash Back details, and click history etc.

rated:
Click history no longer has indicator to track merchant reported transactions. Impossible to determine which transactions need support tickets without multiple windows open and email to cross reference now. Doesn't seem very usable anymore. Is there a way to use the old website instead?

rated:
Amazon GC option for CashBack is also gone? Is this because of new site or discontinued?

rated:
imanemokid said:   still says Black Friday 2013 ... must be a patch instead of an upgrade ...
finally ... 2014 ...

rated:
This Deal Discussion post does not reflow to match width of the browser's window. Does this have anything to do with the new changes?

Skipping 100 Messages...
rated:
MVP9596 said:   scripta said:   It has nothing to do with adblock or anything else,

I'm using Firefox (and I tried loading FW with default settings without any addons just to make sure).
I'm reasonably sure it does have something to do with adblock.  On Firefox 50-  If I disable the addon completely, avatars and attachments load fine.  With it set to be disabled on FatWallet only, avatars and and attachments do not load.
Like I said, I tried without any add-ons at all (no addons installed, default profile). See attachment.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017