How do I stop the automatic linkifying of regular WORDS in a post outside of Hot Deals?

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Thank you for no longer linkifying cash back (I guess because you no longer have any cash back), but it's really frigging annoying that regularly used words become links to some completely unknown destinations that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. Like Sky and Caviar

One of them adds an unnecessary end-of-line, by the way. Is there a way to stop FW from changing words to store links OTHER than writing out those regular words using special characters?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I agree it would be Handy if FW stopped doing this.

I believe you can turn this off when you post in full-featured thanks to the handy "Don't autolink my keywords" checkbox at the bottom of the screen. 

Virgil27 said:   I believe you can turn this off when you post in full-featured thanks to the Handy "Don't autolink my keywords" checkbox at the bottom of the screen. 
The only checkboxes I see are "Yes, automatically link URLs in my message" and "Subscribe to this topic".

In any case, it's kind of a Meh solution, since I still see auto links even when I uncheck the automatically link URLs checkbox.

jayK said:   
Virgil27 said:   I believe you can turn this off when you post in full-featured thanks to the Handy "Don't autolink my keywords" checkbox at the bottom of the screen. 
The only checkboxes I see are "Yes, automatically link URLs in my message" and "Subscribe to this topic".

In any case, it's kind of a Meh solution, since I still see auto links even when I uncheck the automatically link URLs checkbox.

Apparently I was seeing a staff-only function. I'll let my supervisor know and see if there's something we can do about it. 

That little treasure should not be staff-only, and it should be checked/enabled by default if it's not in a hot deals or deal discussion.

I'd like to shop at the District of Columbia, but there's a Target on my back.

This post could become a Hot Topic at some TLA.

Let's Dish out a solution to this already!

jayK said:   Let's Dish out a solution to this already!
Any updates on this? I'd hate to think we'll have to deal with this for many Years Ahead.

jayK said:   
jayK said:   Let's Dish out a solution to this already!
Any updates on this? I'd hate to think we'll have to deal with this for many Years Ahead

Check back after 6PM (I plan to walk my Big Dogs and they can really Dish it out).  It will be pure Bliss.  I also have to get all of my books Boxed up to give to theCoach in the Courtyard 

Aloha! 

ETA:
I'll check on this.

It's not funny when a mod does it.

scripta said:   It's not funny when a mod does it.

I'm a mod.  I'm pretty Handy at killing the funny.  I guess I'll Hightail it right out of this thread, even though it's a pretty Hot Topic.

Later Peeps.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017