• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi folks,

I just received the following email:
[q=Leah Kinner <leahkinner@outlook.com>]Hey,

Thank you for you time!

I am Leah. My company runs an Amazon store with 1000+ feedbacks which sells power bank, quick charger, ect. My job is to find reputable deal posters on fatwallet or slickdeals like you. We will submit deals from our Amazon store to you. You can decide whether to post it or not. If your post stays alive, we will send the products to you for free or pay cash to your paypal account.

We are also recruiting review team members. We launch new products every month. People in the review team can receive new products for free in the first time.

If you are interested either of them, please do let me know.

Wish you enjoy a great day!

Best regards,
Leah
leahkinner@outlook.com

The email has typos and grammatical errors and was composed in the font (SimSun) typically used by Chinese senders.

They are actively soliciting people to post bogus deals in exchange for Paypal payments/free junk.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into it. If you get any more of these e-mails, just PM me or another mod the details.

Along these same lines, the steady stream of new users that are scammers/spammers continues. The majority of posts I read from new users are clearly made using a translator, as the language is just off/odd. Or a post is simply inane, confusing, off-topic, or outdated. Many of these users are one-and-done (a goofy post is made and they are never seen or heard from again).

FW usually responds when I alert them to questionable posts by deleting them and sometimes cleaning up the junk in a thread, but they could do a better job. Threads that are supposedly under moderation, like this one: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1208497/?start=280, tend to fill up with these junk posts.

I got the same email just today.

=12.8pxLeah Kinner <leahkinner622@gmail.com>

=14pxHey,  I am Leah.  My company runs an Amazon store with 1000+ feedbacks which sells power bank, quick charger, led lights, ect. My job is to find reputable deal posters on fatwallet like you. We will submit deals from our Amazon store to you. You can decide whether to post it or not. If your post stays alive, we will send the products to you for free or pay cash to your paypal account. We are also recruiting review team members. We launch new products every month. People in the review team can receive new products for free in the first time.  If you are interested either of them, please do let me know. Best regards,Leah  Sent with MailTrack 

I received a PM from someone named benternarss wanting me to post Amazon items. I just ignored that message.

why it this a scam?

Got the same email again:
leahkinner622@gmail.com said: Hey, My name is Leah. We sells electronic products,such power bank, led light, car charger, ect. My job is to find reputable deal posters on fatwallet like you. If you have interest, we will submit deals from our Amazon store to you. If your post stays alive, we will send the products to you for free or pay cash to your paypal account. If you are interested, please feel free to let me know. Look forward to your positive reply. Thank you! Best regards, Leah

chrispitude said:   Got the same email again:
leahkinner622@gmail.com said: Hey, My name is Leah. We sells electronic products,such power bank, led light, car charger, ect. My job is to find reputable deal posters on fatwallet like you. If you have interest, we will submit deals from our Amazon store to you. If your post stays alive, we will send the products to you for free or pay cash to your paypal account. If you are interested, please feel free to let me know. Look forward to your positive reply. Thank you! Best regards, Leah

Please note the "if your post stays alive" part of this.  We've been pretty successful eliminating the spam from this spammer.

I also got this email today

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017