How to get links put where I want them.

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
When I reply to a post, any link that I put in using the link button, goes to the top of the post instead of where the cursor is located when I click the link button.  If I quoted a previous post, the link ends up inside the quote box.  What am I doing wrong?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

george2001 said:   When I reply to a post, any link that I put in using the link button, goes to the top of the post instead of where the cursor is located when I click the link button.  If I quoted a previous post, the link ends up inside the quote box.  What am I doing wrong?
  Link

random words and letters and then I'm going to post a link again.  link

George, what browser are you using.  It's working as expected for Firefox.

MVP9596 said:   
george2001 said:   When I reply to a post, any link that I put in using the link button, goes to the top of the post instead of where the cursor is located when I click the link button.  If I quoted a previous post, the link ends up inside the quote box.  What am I doing wrong?
  Link 

IE 11 (under Windows 10).

link test 2 placing cursor under quoted messagesLink test Win 10 IE 11george2001;19584584 said:
MVP9596 said:   
  Link 

Ok, testing using IE 11 and Win 10, I can duplicate your results (see ugly linking above).  I'll pass this on.  Thanks george2001~

MVP9596 said:   
link test 2 placing cursor under quoted messages Link test Win 10 IE 11 george2001;19584584 said:
MVP9596 said:   
  Link 

Ok, testing using IE 11 and Win 10, I can duplicate your results (see ugly linking above).  I'll pass this on.  Thanks george2001~

You're welcome.    Is it fixed yet?    

not sure if it's the same problem, but for about the last 6 months anytime I try to insert one of the prepared emoticons from the provided list, it jumps to the very top of my comment instead of inside the comment where i want it to be.

i can still type in at least 2 versions of smiley from scratch with punctuation marks and they stay where i put them, although i can only remember how to put together 2 simple ones.

i didn't complain about this earlier because i figured you'd just say that it's my anti-tracking setup causing this malfunction and leave me to it, which is fine.

but if there's inserted things jumping up to the top of posts in an unwanted fashion for other people, i thought i'd mention that the prepared emoticons from the menu always jump to the top of a post for me, not sure if it happens to other people.

ie 11, windows 7, desktop computer

I've seen both of the above happen, very intermittently, using Chrome.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017