Fatwallet mobile site unread messages

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
When you click the unread messages link in the thread title box the desktop site it takes you to the first unread message. In the mobile site it takes you to the first message of the topic. Can we have the same behavior on mobile? This alone makes me load the desktop site so I can save time looking for whee I left off.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for mentioning this. This is a known issue we are looking into.

jamesfatwallet said:   When you click the unread messages link in the thread title box the desktop site it takes you to the first unread message. In the mobile site it takes you to the first message of the topic. Can we have the same behavior on mobile? This alone makes me load the desktop site so I can save time looking for whee I left off.
OP, this has been discussed in several threads already.

Here are the names of some of the other threads from the past month or two which I am pretty sure were about a similar issue to yours:

(I've tried to grap the hyperlinks to the threads for you, but for some reason I'm getting a "page can't be displayed" notice on my Internet Explorer for every other FW page that I try to click on, even though this one is working for me, so it must be one of their revolving trackers, or google library thingies, that my browser is blocking at the moment.
You can do a search for those threads if you are interested in seeing what other FW readers have said)

thread:  New message links not working on mobile site 

thread:  FatWallet Product and Design Feedback
(that is a very long thread -- I think that the topic that you discuss in your OP appeared there in about the last 4-6 weeks, and those comments should be in the last 10 or 20 entries on that thread)

thread:  showmessage does not work with classic view 

Guess it's "fixed" now. Cant make it work so remove it.

Thanks

Update: Since the link was not working the same on mobile as desktop, we removed the link for "xx unread". This will remove the confusion, while still allowing people to know there has been action in the thread since their last visit.

Ah yes. New and improved.

So us a fix still coming to put it back? Or is this the fix?

Long threads are essentially unreadable like this.

zonacat said:   So us a fix still coming to put it back? Or is this the fix?

This is the fix.

You've got to be kidding.

VBMcGB said:   
zonacat said:   So us a fix still coming to put it back? Or is this the fix?

This is the fix.

This is very worrying. Does FW even have any dev resources left?

I just have to read it at home on the home computer, instead of at work on the phone. Goes from 9 possible hours to 3 possible hours of FW. SMH.

Can you guys revisit this problem. This is practically unusable on phone. For a thread with 300 replies, if I have 38 unread, it is quite the chore to locate the point from where I can catch up.
Are there really no devs at all? This should be a half-day fix.

mojoshtudd said:   Can you guys revisit this problem. This is practically unusable on phone. For a thread with 300 replies, if I have 38 unread, it is quite the chore to locate the point from where I can catch up.
Are there really no devs at all? This should be a half-day fix.

Exactly. It's like open thread, jump to the end, and then jump back an approximate number back (maybe 3 pages for 38 unread messages). RINSE AND REPEAT for every thread.

I have started putting green on the last message I read to try and find the last message on the phone.

VBMcGB said:   zonacat said:   So us a fix still coming to put it back? Or is this the fix?

This is the fix.

Is there any place we can vote on the priority of issues? Without this people are just not going to use the site on mobile.

The unread link appears to be working again. Thank you

Agree thank you for fixing I can read finance again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017