Sticky threads stopped working

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have the Target thread with Rolling Thunder marked sticky (verified when I enter the thread and have the "unstick this thread"), but when I display the hot deals forum, it's nowhere to be found at the top anymore.  ANNOUNCEMENT threads from the site are stuck, but the ones I make don't.  What happened, and are you fixing this anytime soon?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

gaijin4life said:   I have the Target thread with Rolling Thunder marked sticky (verified when I enter the thread and have the "unstick this thread"), but when I display the hot deals forum, it's nowhere to be found at the top anymore.  ANNOUNCEMENT threads from the site are stuck, but the ones I make don't.  What happened, and are you fixing this anytime soon?

I took a peak at your filter settings, and it looks like you have your view set to show only the last month.  Since that thread is really old, that's why it's not showing up.  If you change it to all dates, it should show up again.

Weird, I don't remember using filters. Got it fixed now.

But, shouldn't thread stickies ignore filters? They were stuck in the first place because the user thinks they're important.

gaijin4life said:   Weird, I don't remember using filters. Got it fixed now.

But, shouldn't thread stickies ignore filters? They were stuck in the first place because the user thinks they're important.

Glad it's fixed! 

They probably *should* ignore the filters, but in cases like this, they never have.  Not sure if it's a bug, or if that was intended.  I'll pass it along for review for sure.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017