Helping the Best Deals Team Post Better Deals for the Community

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
From over here :
Atariman56 said:   
VBMcGB said:   I agree that ignoring Best Deals Team members isn't the best option. The better option would be to help the team improve with regards to what our community wants to see. It helps to have problematic deals identified (like Tanga rings and eBay memory cards). So, let's drill into some specifics. What would you like to see less of? What would you like to see more of?

Thanks for taking note of what I said, I would agree with your suggestion to discuss it further. It seems however that your post has been unpinned and will filter down and disappear into oblivion unless it is pinned again.

Heh.. heh..heh... Your listening to an ape.

I want to start a spin-off of the conversation over here, since it's really off topic for the other thread.

The goal here is to produce information that will help the Best Deals Team make decisions that source the community with the kind of deals you are looking for. To that end, let's talk about two main things:

(1) What kinds of deals do you want to see?
(2) What kinds of deals do you not want to see?

For both, try to be a specific as possible.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Let's take it a step further even. What merchants do you want see deals from? Our staff has conversations with merchants all the time. We could use these conversations to let the merchant know specifically the type of deals our community wants to see, and even what you don't want to see.

Obviously there are going to be differing opinions on what member A wants to see and what member B wants to see, so let please let us know your thoughts.

As I said, buried into oblivion. In what is now 4 days you have gotten 87 views for this post, unfortunate, but a good thought on your part. Since I like the B&M/YMMV type deals, which granted, often lead one on a wild goose chase but they can't be categorized. Not to mention that what I want to see vs. what the next person wants to see, will be totally different.

All I am asking for is that the "Best Deals Team" not be the ones to decide what constitutes a "Best deal". To many times they seem to be patting themselves on the back and giving kudos to themselves.

I do understand what you're trying to accomplish but I can't think of an organized way to do this. After all, I am rather simple minded.

I think that a sortable front page would go a long way for Best Deals. I would like to be able to only see categories that I'm interested in and hide other deals. While a drill / driver set might be a great price, I'm never going to buy one of those. I'm betting the same can be said for other members.

MVP9596 said:   Obviously there are going to be differing opinions on what member A wants to see and what member B wants to see, so let please let us know your thoughts.
So let member A and member B choose their preferences independently so they each see the deals most relevant to their interests.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017