posted: Sep. 20, 2016 @ 1:14p
Please take the time to go vote for the 2016 Member of the year. You can do this here .
Here are the five finalists:
The nomination period is now closed. We're feverishly debating our top 5, and we'll start the voting Friday morning.
A long, long time ago in a state far, far away, FatWallet picked Members of the Year. It was our way of saying "thank you" to the top member of our community. As part of our Birthday Bash, we're reviving that tradition for 2016.
Here's the plan...
We want each of you to nominate the member you think most deserves to be the MotY 2016. To nominate someone, you will need to send a PM to MVP9596 with the following:
-- An explanation of why you think this member should be MotY. It doesn't have to be just "posted the best deals". This is about more than deal posting. This is about being the best member overall. The more details the better.
Once we receive the nominations, we will look them over. We will pick the top 5 who we think have the best recommendations and are most deserving.
After we have picked our top 5, we will set up a poll, and members can vote on their top choice. The one with the most votes, will be Member of the Year 2016.
Here's the timeline:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (through 8am, CST): We take nominations
Thursday: We pick our top 5 from nominations
Friday: We open the poll up for voting
Monday: Poll closes at noon, CST
What's the prize? A Custom FatWallet Letterman's Jacket! Pictured to the left is the original design, circa 2000.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The 'Member of the Year Contest' ("Sweepstakes") begins on 09/20/2016 at 12:00 AM (Central Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 09/26/2016 at 11:59 PM (Central Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of FatWallet Inc. ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 or older. Entrants must be a FatWallet site member to be eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The top five candidates will be selected by staff based on responses in the forums. The winner will be picked from the top five by a poll voted on by the community. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
4. Prizes: 1 (#) winner(s) will receive a (Custom FatWallet Letterman's Jacket)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within 2-3 weeks. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Candidates must be nominated by a member with a valid reason Automated or robotic voting submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to nominate themselves by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. 8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to FatWallet Inc. cc: Force Friday Giveaway #1 at Suite C, 525 3rd St, Beloit, WI 53511. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by FatWallet Inc., Suite C, 525 3rd St, Beloit, WI 53511.