Voting is NOW CLOSED for your 2016 Member of the Year

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Text Only
rated:
UPDATE
Voting for the the 2016 MotY is now closed.   Thank you to all who participated in both the nominations and voting. 

We'll be going through a final time to make sure we've removed all of the ballot stuffing, then we'll officially announce the winner.

Thank you everyone for your nominations for the 2016 MotY.  We narrowed the list down to our top five.  Please take the time to go vote for your choice for the 2016 Member of the Year! 

The voting is open until 12:00PM CST Monday 9/26/16.

Here are the five finalists:

Mulox

Ayla

MrVietnam

ctgolfer

MISTERCHEAP

Vote for your 2016 Member of the Year!  

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
By 'We', I mean the collective FW.  There are many, many times that deals or stories are posted, and little by little, F... (more)

MilleniumBuc (Sep. 27, 2016 @ 9:05p) |

Some serious stuff.

WickedGringo (Sep. 27, 2016 @ 9:07p) |

Glad you disagreed, it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same.

I had trouble narrowing it down to 3, and th... (more)

Technologist (Sep. 28, 2016 @ 1:36p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I voted MC

I can't say I've ever seen the name Ayla on here. Is it supposed to be a joke or something?

Oh wow.... what a nice surprise, thanks guys!  Good luck to all of the finalists!

Mulox said:   Oh wow.... what a nice surprise, thanks guys!

Congrats to all the nominees! I appreciate being nominated, an honor it itself. Thank you.

MeIsCheap said:   I can't say I've ever seen the name Ayla on here. Is it supposed to be a joke or something?

Sorry, No joke, I am real.  maybe you don't know me, but Hi.  Thanks for the nomination, whoever did it, I appreciate it, and feel honored.

Thanks everyone. I would have never considered I would actually be part of this!!
And Ayla, your contributions are appreciated.

Good luck to the finalists.

Good luck to the 5 finalists!

ctgolfer said:   Thanks everyone. I would have never considered I would actually be part of this!!

How could you not be a part of this? Your contributions are considerable, always respectful and much appreciated!

Good Luck to all, and congrats to the 5 finalists!

Gonna be a tough call on voting in this election (unlike the other circus currently going on...)!

Congratulations to the finalist, if it wasn't for them, and those who didn't make it, this place would not be what it is now. You guys are awesome.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Mulox said:   Oh wow.... what a nice surprise, thanks guys!

Congrats to all the nominees! I appreciate being nominated, an honor it itself. Thank you.

We've had our differences but you've saved me thousands of dollars over the years (or cost me - depending on how you look at it) so I cast my vote for you.  Good Luck MC.

They are all great choices. You can't go wrong with either one, however one of them has made me pull the trigger and take out my credit card on more than one occasion

Good luck to everyone.

Like Mr. C, I am just so honored to have been selected as a finalist! Would be really cool if all of us got a nomination badge, and I assume winner will get a MOTY badge as well?

no ifs ands or bots
Disclaimer
Wow... Mulox has taken the lead!
Mulox has some 5000 posts as compared to MrC at 50,000.
Hope the bots aren't voting

Ayla said:   
MeIsCheap said:   I can't say I've ever seen the name Ayla on here. Is it supposed to be a joke or something?

Sorry, No joke, I am real.  maybe you don't know me, but Hi.  Thanks for the nomination, whoever did it, I appreciate it, and feel honored.

Sorry for that, but truely I had never seen you name. I can't say I recognized your avatar either. Though it looks like you contributed more than 98% of everyone after looking at your posts, perhaps a slight break the last couple months, but we all need breaks (ButcherBoy!).

keep up the good work!

Thank you all for helping me empty my wallet! I won't say who I voted for but it wasn't a billionaire with a skunk on his head or MRS C.

Muloux.

I randomly voted for someone other than golfer, GL to the rest of you guys.

Actually not random, but GL anyways

TripleB
CrazyTree
SuckisStaples
Perpetual finalists
MrCheap is a notable poster

*Cough Cough* Alamo11

geezlouise said:   
ctgolfer said:   Thanks everyone. I would have never considered I would actually be part of this!!

How could you not be a part of this? Your contributions are considerable, always respectful and much appreciated!

Key words, in my opinion.

wikiwiki said:   I voted MC
Brown noser.

Technologist said:   Gonna be a tough call on voting in this election (unlike the other circus currently going on...)!

GeorgeT said:   They are all great choices. You can't go wrong with either one, however one of them has made me pull the trigger and take out my credit card on more than one occasion

Can't recall ever disagreeing with Tech, but I have to this time. If you agree with my sentiments, then it becomes easy to weed out the posers.
The voting is for "Member of the year". It is not for "Prolific poster of the year" or the person who has "saved us the most" or "made us pull the trigger".
If it was, it would say so.
It should be presented to a person who does all that, does it with integrity, humility, and with sincerity, and upholds the values of FW.

And no, the values of FW are not "whoever saves me a quarter is god" or "being cheap and saving a nickel is the FW way",

Good luck to all the nominees

When is the debate? I want to hear their positions on the issues!

Selma FTW!  =P

I think something fishy seems to be going on with the voting. Somebody is stuffing the ballot box.  Perhaps the Russians hacked into the system? 
Mistercheap should've been a runaway winner but is now a distant second. Hmmmmmm...

I voted for MC

LetsGoMets1 said:    I think something fishy seems to be going on with the voting. Somebody is stuffing the ballot box.  Perhaps the Russians hacked into the system? 
Mistercheap should've been a runaway winner but is now a distant second. Hmmmmmm...

Yup.
I am guessing you believe the same Russians hacked the World Series in 1973, then in 2000, and then again !gasp! last year!

Being a sore loser is one thing. Accusing your fellow FWers without a shred of proof is offensive!

Thanks for the chance.

Ayla, thanks.

brusbrother said:   Wow... Mulox has taken the lead!
Mulox has some 5000 posts as compared to MrC at 50,000.
Hope the bots aren't voting

If this were just about the number of posts then no voting would be necessary. 
In addition to posting a deal, the helpfulness of a reply to anyone needing clarification or some guidance on a deal also weighs into this vote.
Like any online forum, some posters are just more respectful and nicer than others in the FW community.

@serenity22 I love your profile title "Graceful Member". Oh the irony!
Keep up the good work. A good troll is hard to come by on FatWallet these days.

serenity22 said:   
LetsGoMets1 said:    I think something fishy seems to be going on with the voting. Somebody is stuffing the ballot box.  Perhaps the Russians hacked into the system? 

Yup.
I am guessing you believe the same Russians hacked the World Series in 1973, then in 2000, and then again !gasp! last year!

Being a sore loser is one thing. Accusing your fellow FWers without a shred of proof is offensive!

Dont trip potato chip and PLEASE don't take yourself so seriously! Obviously the humor went over your head.
Mistercheap has his faults and gets on his high horse too often but should win this hands down. 

This is the member of the year thread, let's not foul it up with wild accusations and squabbling. Thanks!

Any further squabbling will be removed.

Thank you finalists for your contributions! Much appreciated!

What happened to the voting?
Huge change in results with only just over 400 votes now being counted - down from over 1,200.

Skipping 14 Messages...
serenity22 said:   
Technologist said:   Gonna be a tough call on voting in this election (unlike the other circus currently going on...)!

GeorgeT said:   They are all great choices. You can't go wrong with either one, however one of them has made me pull the trigger and take out my credit card on more than one occasion
Can't recall ever disagreeing with Tech, but I have to this time. If you agree with my sentiments, then it becomes easy to weed out the posers.
The voting is for "Member of the year". It is not for "Prolific poster of the year" or the person who has "saved us the most" or "made us pull the trigger".
If it was, it would say so.
It should be presented to a person who does all that, does it with integrity, humility, and with sincerity, and upholds the values of FW.

And no, the values of FW are not "whoever saves me a quarter is god" or "being cheap and saving a nickel is the FW way",

Glad you disagreed, it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same.

I had trouble narrowing it down to 3, and then 1 to vote for.  I will say that I am disappointed that the ballot box stuffing occurred, and then the resultant final count may be skewed by "over clean-up".

I know MRC and will congratulate him handily if he is MOTY.  At the same time, Mulox has helped a lot of people here at FW (although it is mostly in a single topic area).  But maybe that topic area is one that appealed to hundreds of people that voted.... They are quite dedicated over there. so MAYBE it wasn't much stuffing, but more voter turnout.

anyway, enough said. congrat to the nominees, and the winner!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017