• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
The voting period is now closed!  Thank you everyone who participated in designing, and voting on top 10!

Winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 25.

We need your vote! Come vote for your top two favorites in the Black Friday T-Shirt Contest!  I want to see you all earning those shiny new "I Voted" badges! It wasn't an easy job, but we've voted, debated, and narrowed down all the qualifying designs to our top 10 favorites. Now it's up to you to pick the winning t-shirt that we will all be wearing this Black Friday and for years to come. Voting will take place between Friday, October 14, 12:00pm and Friday, October 21, 12:00am. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 25.
https://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/t-shirts/voting/votinggallery.php 

• You may vote for your top two favorites
  • Designs will scramble every time you refresh your page to make the display fair to all 10 finalists
  • FatWallet employees may not vote in this final voting round
  • Play nice and no cheating! Stuffing ballots will result in all your votes being erased, badges being revoked and entries into the gift card drawing to be removed. If you're a member with a design in the final voting round, your design will be disqualified as well.
  • We will share the percentages of the votes when we announce the winning design.
  • The drawing for the 10 $50 gift cards will take place after the winner has been chosen.

FatWallet Black Friday T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes: Everyone who posted a qualified design will receive:

• A Private Message with a link to claim your free FatWallet Black Friday 2016 T-shirt! (Only one shirt per person.)
  • A 2016 Black Friday T-Shirt Design badge.
  • An entry into a drawing for one of ten $50 gift cards to shop at your favorite FatWallet store! (One entry per member.)

The Winner will Receive:

• A box of FatWallet premium schwag
  • The coveted 2016 “Ding Ding” Winner's badge and all the bragging rights that come with it!
  • 12 Black Friday 2016 Black Friday T-Shirts with your winning design that you can give to others!
  • A gift card loaded with $500 to spend at your favorite FatWallet store!

Even if you didn't submit a design, you still have a chance to get a Free t-shirt with the winning design if you post a hot deal. Click here for the details. ..What are you waiting for? Go vote! Now!   Good luck finalists!  

Member Summary

10 (920.87kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

9 (502.26kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

8 (342.19kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

7 (149.44kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

6 (233.33kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

5 (222.45kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

4 (126.21kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

3 (110.29kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

2 (465.06kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

1 (1.97MB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Great job to all the designers. It was hard to pick a favorite.

JenCas025 (Oct. 20, 2016 @ 12:24p) |

The voting link is down.

EDIT: Back up now, thank you.

DrummerJoe (Oct. 20, 2016 @ 12:51p) |

Contest should be closed, and the voting link takes you back to the top of this thread.  Time to see the winner  give or... (more)

Connman (Oct. 21, 2016 @ 5:45a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Still waiting for the "I designed a t-shirt badge" to be given out

rated:
Thanks for organizing this again. Good luck to all the finalists!

rated:
Before I vote, is #2 a blue dot on a white t-shirt, or is the shirt blue?  Since I don't wear black or white t-shirts, my choices are limited.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   It wasn't an easy job, but we've voted, debated, and narrowed down all the qualifying designs to our top 5 favorites.  

• Designs will scramble every time you refresh your page to make the display fair to all 5 finalists

Why are there 10 shirts displayed on the voting page??

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MVP9596 said:   It wasn't an easy job, but we've voted, debated, and narrowed down all the qualifying designs to our top 5 favorites.  

• Designs will scramble every time you refresh your page to make the display fair to all 5 finalists

Why are there 10 shirts displayed on the voting page??

I forgot to change that to 10 when we picked our favorites.  We had 5 last year, so when I was creating this thread, that was the number I put in.  There are 10 finalists, as shown in the voting gallery.

rated:
briarycliffs said:   Before I vote, is #2 a blue dot on a white t-shirt, or is the shirt blue?  Since I don't wear black or white t-shirts, my choices are limited.

If this shirt design wins. It will have a green shirt. It will be the same shade of green as the Fand W on the design. 

rated:
Neilium said:   If this shirt design wins. It will have a green shirt. It will be the same shade of green as the Fand W on the design. 
  Shirt colors for several/all of the others would be good to know, since I suspect that will be a deciding factor for many people. Might also save some drama later on when people complain that shirt colors were known for some and not for others -- not that anybody would ever complain about results of a contest where free stuff is given.

rated:
surfing4dough said:   
Neilium said:   If this shirt design wins. It will have a green shirt. It will be the same shade of green as the Fand W on the design. 
  Shirt colors for several/all of the others would be good to know, since I suspect that will be a deciding factor for many people. Might also save some drama later on when people complain that shirt colors were known for some and not for others -- not that anybody would ever complain about results of a contest where free stuff is given.

2 is the only one that the background of the image does not represent the shirt color. All the others have the same color shirt as their background. 

rated:
Neilium said:   
surfing4dough said:   

2 is the only one that the background of the image does not represent the shirt color. All the others have the same color shirt as their background. 

#7 is a transparent background. That transparent shirt is going to be sweet!  Thanks for the clarification.

rated:
Great job and thanks for all that created. Good luck!

rated:
surfing4dough said:   
Neilium said:   
surfing4dough said:   

#7 is a transparent background. That transparent shirt is going to be sweet!  Thanks for the clarification.

Assume that its white lol. Sorry about that. Nice catch. 

rated:
There are some really talented people in the FatWallet community! Great job everyone!

rated:
Definitely some good designs to choose from. Great job to all!!

rated:
surfing4dough said:   

Can go on any color, heather, black, red, charcoal, etc.. Thank Ya for your vote consideration! Good Luck All.

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   why are some on shirts and some not? I thought putting image on shirts was a disqualify?

None of the designs submitted are actually on the shirts.  I think the gallery is doing something weird with some of the shirts.  We'll check into on Monday when the engineering team is back in the office.

**Edit**

Actually, I think I just fixed it.  None are showing on shirts for me right now.

**2nd Edit**

Now they are again.  This is odd, and the team will check into it Monday.

rated:
Nice design's everyone!! Thanks, FW, for nominating mine as a finalist. I appreciate the opportunity.

rated:
Congrats to all the finalists!

rated:
Thank you, FW, for selecting 10 finalists this year.  There were many great designs to choose from! 

Thanks, too, for making everyone who submitted a design eligible for one of the ten $50 gift cards.  That's awesome!

rated:
This is awesome! Thanks for selecting my design as a finalist. A lot of great designs this year!

rated:
My wife is the fashion guru in our house. She picked the last one, the one with the US map. Good luck to all candidates.

rated:
Don't want another black backround this year so eliminated those. Otherwise nice designs!

rated:
Where is my "Ding Ding?" Oops, I didn't design a T shirt! Maybe next year!
Good luck to all the contestants!

rated:
My vote is for #3
​I designed a t-shirt for black Friday can I get my badge.

rated:
Oh my! What an honor to see number 3 among the finalists. Thank you Fatwallet community for including my design.
Good luck to all.

rated:
Congrats to all finalist, some great designs here!

rated:
Wow, I love the design!

rated:
Everyone did a great job! Good luck

rated:
Just a suggestion, but I would make the shirts the actual color they are supposed to be and not just black. It gives the designs with a black background an unfair advantage because a lot of people will assume the shirts are going to be black with whatever design is on them.

rated:
Drew510 said:   Just a suggestion, but I would make the shirts the actual color they are supposed to be and not just black. It gives the designs with a black background an unfair advantage because a lot of people will assume the shirts are going to be black with whatever design is on them.

Second this! In reality all shirts can be modified for the actual shirt color and not necessarily has to be black background. I choose black because it pops up the design the most.

My design is layered with transparent background so it can fit with any background color. Black was used as a sample.

Also, thank you to the staff and everyone who supported my design to make it to the finallists.

rated:
Drew510 said:   Just a suggestion, but I would make the shirts the actual color they are supposed to be and not just black. It gives the designs with a black background an unfair advantage because a lot of people will assume the shirts are going to be black with whatever design is on them.
Ditto, the US map (mine) was designed on navy. Some others look like they should be on white, green or gray as well but displaying these designs as a different-colored box on a black shirt can throw people off.

Edit: it looks like, per MVP9596's updated post above, that they know about this issue and are looking into it today.

Thanks for running this fun contest every year! And I'm more than grateful to be a finalist and even more thrilled to add another free shirt to my FW collection, whatever the design will be! I'm honestly loving all the designs this year! Can't wait to rock it on Black Friday!

rated:
Have the messages gone out yet to claim a shirt for those who designed one? I got the badge, but no message about a shirt yet. (Just checking)

rated:
Tiemanator said:   Have the messages gone out yet to claim a shirt for those who designed one? I got the badge, but no message about a shirt yet. (Just checking)

Not yet, I'll be doing that shortly.  I'm not sure if I'll get it completed by the end of the day, but PM's will go out soon!

rated:
Great job to all the designers. It was hard to pick a favorite.

rated:
The voting link is down.

EDIT: Back up now, thank you.

rated:
Contest should be closed, and the voting link takes you back to the top of this thread.  Time to see the winner  give or take a weekend...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016