• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
When I have a site open which I got there through ebates, when I click on a product link in a fatwallet post, will it overide the ebates cookie and make me lose my ebates cash back?

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Even better yet - if it doesn't override the ebates cookie, is the fatwallet link somehow connected to my ebates account since they are partners?

rated:
dilbert said:   When I have a site open which I got there through ebates, when I click on a product link in a fatwallet post, will it overide the ebates cookie and make me lose my ebates cash back?

Thanks.

This is a really good question.  It's certainly a possibility that the FW cookie will override the Ebates cookie.  It's always best practice when cash back shopping (at any site) to not open any other links or click through another site once you've started your cash back shopping trip.  I would recommend using a different browser if you want to click around after beginning your shopping session.

rated:
dilbert said:   Even better yet - if it doesn't override the ebates cookie, is the fatwallet link somehow connected to my ebates account since they are partners?

It's not connected in any way for tracking purposes, so it can break your cash back shopping experience.

rated:
That's what I thought.

On my Christmas wishlist from FatWallet and eBates - when I click on a link in a FatWallet post, automatically make it a link that will get my Ebates cash back.

rated:
dilbert said:   That's what I thought.

On my Christmas wishlist from FatWallet and eBates - when I click on a link in a FatWallet post, automatically make it a link that will get my Ebates cash back.

Do you use the Ebates Cash Back button?  While not exactly what you're asking for, it does remove the hassle of having to click through Ebates after clicking the FatWallet link.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016