• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hopefully everyone enjoyed our Holiday Giveaways and congrats to our long list of winners!  During the holiday season we have been talking a lot about the importance of community and how remarkable our community is and how special it is that everyone comes together to help each other out.   

We want to start the New Year by recognizing members that go above and beyond and are true members of the community.  With that said, we would like to introduce the FatWallet Star of the Week.  This is an award that recognizes a FatWallet Forums Member for simply being Awesome!   

This week’s winner is MrVietnam.  Mr. Vietnam displayed great participation in this thread https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1549609 where he answered questions, improved the deal, and shared his personal experiences.   MrVietnam will receive a special “Star of the Week” badge, a custom title for the next week, recognition throughout the site and a special FatWallet Mystery Box!  We’ll have to see if he shares what he gets.   

We know that MrVietnam is not the only one out there being Awesome, and we hope to recognize many of you for your contributions in the near future.  Thanks for being here and for being part of the FatWallet Community!   

Ryan Washatka
General Manager
FatWallet.com
"Bosshog"

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Good Morning MrVietnam!

MilleniumBuc (Jan. 13, 2017 @ 11:41a) |

Whoa... Kudos to Mr. V...

rsuaver (Jan. 13, 2017 @ 9:41p) |

Congratulations and way to go Mr Vietnam!

mary1960 (Jan. 14, 2017 @ 10:07a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
bosshog said:   Hopefully everyone enjoyed our Holiday Giveaways and congrats to our long list of winners!  During the holiday season we have been talking a lot about the importance of community and how remarkable our community is and how special it is that everyone comes together to help each other out.   

We want to start the New Year by recognizing members that go above and beyond and are true members of the community.  With that said, we would like to introduce the FatWallet Star of the Week.  This is an award that recognizes a FatWallet Forums Member for simply being Awesome!   

This week’s winner is MrVietnam.  Mr. Vietnam displayed great participation in this thread https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1549609 where he answered questions, improved the deal, and shared his personal experiences.   MrVietnam will receive a special “Star of the Week” badge, a custom title for the next week, recognition throughout the site and a special FatWallet Mystery Box!  We’ll have to see if he shares what he gets.   

We know that MrVietnam is not the only one out there being Awesome, and we hope to recognize many of you for your contributions in the near future.  Thanks for being here and for being part of the FatWallet Community!   

Ryan Washatka
General Manager
FatWallet.com
"Bosshog"

Congrats Mr. V, well deserved!

rated:
Congrats Mr V!

Bosshog, it would be awesome if users in future can see the reason why Mr V (and future winners) won the award. From a programming perspective:
- the easier (but not that good) method would be to create a Star of the Week page with user and the link to the thread/post due to which they got the award. Not that good because a normal person would not visit a specialized page like that.. and a specialized page like that cannot be linked that easily for visibility.
- the harder (and better) method would be to somehow add a link to the thread when user click on the user's profile. For users who won it a multiple times, it would show the number of times they won as well as the link to the most recent thread they won it for.

rated:
Congrats!!!

rated:
Congrats MV.

In all candor, I think KayK your idea is over-engineered and will benefit very few users. As long as the general reasons why the award can be given is explained, few will be that interested to see specifically the chain of events that led to the award.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Congrats MV.

In all candor, I think KayK your idea is over-engineered and will benefit very few users. As long as the general reasons why the award can be given is explained, few will be that interested to see specifically the chain of events that led to the award.
1) How would you distinguish someone who won award 1 times vs say 15?
2) For the user who won the award for 15 times, how would you know they won it most recently the last week vs say 3 years ago?

rated:
Way to go MrVietnam!

rated:
Yay MrV!

rated:
Congrats MrVietnam - well deserved!!

rated:
congrats

rated:
Best deal ever Mr. V!

rated:
Congrats MrVietnam!

rated:
KayK said:   
Bagofchips said:   Congrats MV.

1) How would you distinguish someone who won award 1 times vs say 15?
2) For the user who won the award for 15 times, how would you know they won it most recently the last week vs say 3 years ago?

I couldn't care less is my point.  There are plenty of other things FW can do to improve my user experience in lieu of giving me lurid detail on Star awards.

rated:
Nice job helping people click to save money

rated:
Congratulations, MrVietnam
Xin chúc mùng

rated:
Congrats +1

rated:
Congrats... you did 2016 up right.. THANK YOU!!!

rated:
Congratulations! MrVietnam, I hope more and more people will join in Fatwallet.

rated:
Same here! Congratulations! MrVietnam.

rated:
Congratulations, Mr. Vietnam!!!

rated:
Thank you for your contributions to FW, MrVietnam. Congratulations on winning this award!

rated:
If I ever win, I would rather get FW "swag", than a shield.

rated:
richarrson said:   Congratulations! MrVietnam, I hope more and more people will join in Fatwallet.
  Fatwallet is a state of mind

rated:
Congrats MrVietnam !!!

rated:
I totally appreciate Mr V, MisterCheap and Billrubin, but I don't under the digital high fives in this thread...why is this a big deal..I mean this with zero disrespect...just confused.

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I totally appreciate Mr V, MisterCheap and Billrubin, but I don't under the digital high fives in this thread...why is this a big deal..I mean this with zero disrespect...just confused.
  When you say big deal you don't mean hot deal (I don't think).  I wouldn't equate a thumbs up w/ something being a major thing.  I think some users are just happy to see a new community-oriented feature get released (maybe even more than MrV's particular win this week?).

rated:
Speaking for myself, I appreciate the contributions of MrVietnam, hence my congratulations for the recognition.

rated:
I should have won "best new FW phenom" category

rated:
Chu mung ong anh Viet

rated:
Congratulations Mr Veitnam.
So OP, are you doing this every week? Trying to seek a number of awesome people who contributes truly and frequently on the forum...

rated:
Congrats Mr Veitnam and to all others who receive this badge from this point forward. Everyones contributions help someone sometime!!!

rated:
Congrats MrVietnam. May The Wind Be At Your Back.

rated:
Congratulations!!!! MrVietnam.

rated:
Congratulations!

rated:
Congratulate +1!

rated:
Same here for Mr.Vietnam/

rated:
Good news!

rated:
Wow that us a great honor. congrats!

rated:
Congrats Mr V.It's great to see someone who always replies with respect get rewarded

Skipping 6 Messages...
rated:
Congratulations and way to go Mr Vietnam!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017