• filter:

FatWallet Ask Us Anything! ** Closed **

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Update: Thanks everyone for your participation! We're shooting the video soon and we'll share it here as soon as possible. We appreciate all of the responses!!

Hey, FatWallet members! We're putting together a video that's all about you, the community, and we're doing it in the style of "Reading Your Comments" or "Ask Us Anything" videos. If you have a burning question about FatWallet you've always wanted answered or a message you'd like us to see, leave it in this thread for us!

Obviously, not everything will get answered, and we're not going to entertain inappropriate or rude comments or questions. Whatever we don't get to in the video, we can always answer on the forums. Two of our awesome deal hunters, st4rdust and anticlawson, will be helming the video, so if you have questions about deal hunting, deal expertise or really anything deal related, they'll have an answer. We'll also have experts from other departments if you're curious about what it is the rest of us do here at FatWallet, so don't be shy with those questions! 

As always, thank you for making the FatWallet community such a great place to find and talk about deals. We couldn’t do it without you!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can you please make sure there are subtitles on the video for the hearing impaired.

Stubtify (May. 12, 2017 @ 2:49p) |

Absolutely.

st4rdust (May. 12, 2017 @ 4:07p) |

Yes! You'll have to view it on YouTube, as the Facebook version makes it extra difficult for us to upload CC. Thankfully... (more)

mahoganypoet (May. 12, 2017 @ 4:14p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'd love to see your offices and show us how a day in the life of a FWer staff is like.

rated:
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck had to escape to Beloit?

rated:
How many members you have. How many are really females?

rated:
rsuaver said:   I'd love to see your offices and show us how a day in the life of a FWer staff is like.
First, there are the supermodels, male or female as desired. Then there's reading the endless adulation from people who've been moderated. Next is the free made to order waffles. Then, massage time. Coffee break. Private Q and A with the star of their favorite tv show or sports team. Lunch is catered by Per Se. A couple of hours of video games, foosball, or jumping in the plastic ball pit. Fifteen minutes of hoarding the fatwallet piranhas. Then, supermodels again. Finally they go home, their exhausting day of work over at 3pm.

rated:
When am I gonna be able to convert my greens into cash?
Thanks!

rated:
What is the sound of one hand Beloiting?

rated:
I want to see the wheel camber on BMWLVR82's Toyota Tercel.

TIA.

rated:
For quite a while I have wondered who designates which are the "Best Deals"? To many times I have found them to be self promoting over the years. Many times not even a deal, no less a "Best Deal". Also what qualifies for the chalice next to our image when we post a deal?

rated:
Do any of you own a crown Vic?

rated:
I'm curious how deal hunting is divided among the FW staff.
Are staff assigned certain websites to monitor, is it by category (i.e. electronics, toys, clothing, etc..) or just a free for all?

rated:
I'd like to know about the FW bus that picks up the staff for work each day. Who gets to drive it? Do staff members take turns driving or do you have a dedicated bus driver? Are there assigned seats? What songs do you sing as a group on the busride? I mean, I have a pretty good idea of the answers already, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

rated:
I would like to know more about staff (with pictures).
Also, what anti-bot mechanism FW has in place to keep them off the forums since I get messages from them on a weekly basis to post their deals.

rated:
what kind of kickbacks are yall offered from companies and do you share the freebies, duffle bag, backpack, t shirts, mp3 players , any kind of free stuff.

rated:
How cyclical is your referral revenue? Do you make half of your money in the weeks leading up to Black Friday/Christmas, or is it more steady than that?

rated:
Who has the most badges among you? Can I get a special badge just for posting this question?

rated:
Is Tim Storm (the original owner) still associated with FatWallet in any way ?

Does anyone remember FatBonus ?

rated:
Why?

rated:
What, if any, was the fallout of the Chiu brothers scam? Did it affect at all the purchase of Fatwallet from Storm Concepts?

rated:
Why was cashback eliminated killing one of the favorite features of this website and pushed an entirely different website on Us. If you have no faith in the Fatwallet brand, how are we supposed to?

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   Why was cashback eliminated killing one of the favorite features of this website and pushed an entirely different website on Us. If you have no faith in the Fatwallet brand, how are we supposed to?
  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1496204

rated:
Please grab a camera and follow Mr. Cheap around for a day.

rated:
What is a good red wine for around 15 bux?

rated:
what tips do you have for people just learning how to save money? what's the last really hot deal you purchased? what do you do when you aren't at work?

rated:
macdave said:   What is a good red wine for around 15 bux?
  Ripple ($15 a case)

rated:
Will any questions in this thread get answered?

rated:
kamalktk said:   
rsuaver said:   I'd love to see your offices and show us how a day in the life of a FWer staff is like.
First, there are the supermodels, male or female as desired. Then there's reading the endless adulation from people who've been moderated. Next is the free made to order waffles. Then, massage time. Coffee break. Private Q and A with the star of their favorite tv show or sports team. Lunch is catered by Per Se. A couple of hours of video games, foosball, or jumping in the plastic ball pit. Fifteen minutes of hoarding the fatwallet piranhas. Then, supermodels again. Finally they go home, their exhausting day of work over at 3pm.

It's exactly like that, only without the supermodels, celebrities, and ball pit, though you were right about catered meals (just not from Per Se), massages, and waffles (the toaster kind). You left out epic Nerf battles.

rated:
mistadeal said:   Will any questions in this thread get answered?
  We're putting together a video that's all about you, the community, and we're doing it in the style of "Reading Your Comments" or "Ask Us Anything" videos. 

rated:
How do you compare to those slick people?

rated:
mistadeal said:   Will any questions in this thread get answered?
  yes with form replies

rated:
I know I am, but what are you?

rated:
ArbitraryChicken said:   I'd like to know about the FW bus that picks up the staff for work each day. Who gets to drive it? Do staff members take turns driving or do you have a dedicated bus driver? Are there assigned seats? What songs do you sing as a group on the busride? I mean, I have a pretty good idea of the answers already, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
  The bus that you speak of is lined in rubber. In my day it was referred to as the special bus. No assigned seating but all who ride were considered "special". Those within received special treatment and got to go to the zoo, baseball games, special events and more, which we didn't get to go to. I was always jealous.

These buses were always shorter than ours and they got door to door service, which we never got.

rated:
Atariman56 said:   ArbitraryChicken said:   I'd like to know about the FW bus that picks up the staff for work each day. Who gets to drive it? Do staff members take turns driving or do you have a dedicated bus driver? Are there assigned seats? What songs do you sing as a group on the busride? I mean, I have a pretty good idea of the answers already, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
  The bus that you speak of is lined in rubber. In my day it was referred to as the special bus. No assigned seating but all who ride were considered "special". Those within received special treatment and got to go to the zoo, baseball games, special events and more, which we didn't get to go to. I was always jealous.

These buses were always shorter than ours and they got door to door service, which we never got.

Some of those short buses take field trips to the grocery store, a culmination of months of learning basic practical skills to live in the world.

rated:
If this thread has been "(Moved)" - why is it still pinned to the top of the Hot Deals forum?
Please unipin it.

rated:
how many people have actually visited you in Beloit? (i have!)

rated:
1. when i search a forum by title, how do i get it to default to newest first instead of "sort by relevance"?
2. how do i get a list showing all of my forum comments/replies?
3. how do i set forum filters so that my favorites appear at the top? or how do i mark old threads as stickies?

rated:
HumDoHamaraDo said:   How many members you have. How many are really females?
The internet. Where the men are men. The women are men. And the little girls are FBI agents.

rated:
I would like to visit the "swag" room at FW.

rated:
robby69 said:   I would like to visit the "swag" room at FW.Especially any historical swag...

Skipping 55 Messages...
rated:
Stubtify said:   Can you please make sure there are subtitles on the video for the hearing impaired.
  Yes! You'll have to view it on YouTube, as the Facebook version makes it extra difficult for us to upload CC. Thankfully, YouTube auto-CCs and then lets us edit it for grammar, spelling, incorrect words, etc.
Thanks for reminding us! We definitely want to be as accessible as possible.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017