I've received an email from FW although I am unsubscribed from all your emails

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Recently got an email from Fatwallet titled, "Thanks for posting deals Oppidum!  Have you seen this?"

I don't think that I have posted any deals lately (except for a Finance forum thread about job openings in New Zealand, which was not categorized as a "deal").

I don't want any emails from you (unless it's about something important), and years ago I opted out of receiving anything from you.

I'll delete this one, it's no problem -- just letting you know that something slipped through.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hey oppidum,

Can you tell us what was in the e-mail, beyond the title? That will help us narrow down what slipped though.

The first part is "Post Hot Deals From Anywhere! With the FatWallet ToGo browser extension and just a few clicks of
your mouse, you can quickly post deals as you shop online."

oppidum said:   The first part is "Post Hot Deals From Anywhere! With the FatWallet ToGo browser extension and just a few clicks of
your mouse, you can quickly post deals as you shop online."

Yes this was intentional. Thank you for letting us know. It went to all active members. 

Whether it was intentional on your part or not to send out that incorrectly-worded email to all active members whether or not they had actually posted a "deal" recently, my point in starting this thread was not to try to catch you in a semantic mistake, it was to tell you that I signed up a couple of years ago to get no emails from Fatwallet, and I still do not want any emails from Fatwallet.

Let me know if you are going to start over-riding that user preference, and I'll see if I can put in a fake email address.

Since there was no response to my last post (which contained a question), I'm not sure if Fatwallet's position is now that it is "intentional" and that this will keep happening.

----------
I brought this up twice before, and the explanations were that this was an error:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1546839

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1524619

on one thread, staff member MVP9596 responded to my complaint:
"It looks like we had a small number of emails that were accidentally sent out to opted out members like yourself.
It was done in error, and we apologize for the inconvenience."

on the other thread, staff member Kcarlsen21 responded to my complaint:
"I have checked your account and it shows that you are not subscribed to the mailing lists.
You shouldn't have received that email, so I will pass this along and see what happened."

------
However, I see that I made those complaints about 100 days ago and about 200 days ago, so maybe it is a quarterly mailing which is, indeed, configured to over-ride member preferences.

There is no upside for you in sending random emails to members who have deliberately opted out of receiving emails from you. It is only irritating to those people.

I guess we didn't see your statement as a question, sorry about that. 

We might occasionally send emails to those that are opted out of promotional emails.  But those emails that we would send aren't really promo emails.  The two emails you referenced previously were, and those were sent in error.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017