• filter:

New FW users asking people to post for them Scam

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So twice now, guessing the same person is asking me to post deals for them in exchange for goods..  Yea you know it's a scam and yes you know if the post did go up it to some shady virus filled site that will rip off fellow FW'ers, I am guessing and whatever they are offering will never come I am also guessing.  I am also pretty sure it's in the FW guideline to report and never post for people you don't know or your account could be closed.

So that being said, whats the scam here why are they asking old timer FW'er to post??

Fill me in on the scam

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Mar. 26, 2017 @ 12:37pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Because having a long time user post something adds credibility that is lacking if a brand new user posts the same thing. They know we will most likely immediately delete it if they post it, but probably wont if you do.

Forward the PM to us and we'll open up a can of ban stick

rated:
Are the goods any good? (runs away)

rated:
For a buck fiddy, I will post anything.....

rated:
Is it worth lossing your rep and account here at FW?  These people just never stop trying to scam people, hope they get hard Karma in the end and a bar of soap....

rated:
woowoo2 said:   For a buck fiddy, I will post anything.....
That's pretty good, the Loch Ness Monster wants tree fiddy.

rated:
I had someone who repeatedly asked me to do the same except there weren't promise of goods. I just said to post it yourself.

rated:
Been back and forth with a guy wanting me to get a car at auction "for a young girl who lost her mother to Leukemia not too long ago." He says, "I found out that she grew up without knowing her father (and no extended family around) and became homeless after losing her mom's house to foreclosure (as she couldn't work enough hours during high school to pay the mortgage). Long story short, this kid is an orphan now and basically has nobody. Didn't even have a winter coat when I met her. Pretty dire situation." This person has hasn't made a FW post or even a reply and lays it on so thick it must be some kind of scam.

rated:
I think FW need to make it clear to the users that posting for other users will get them booted and please don't do it and report users that ask....

rated:
Who is asking you to post for him? Tell us, we can report the person so that he can get banned

rated:
NAME names!

rated:
I've tried to get other FW members to post my OT messages. No takers so far. They tend to just ignore the request and instead attempt to convince me to participate in a recipe Swap, join a cult, or ghost write their autobiography.

rated:
They have been reported, 2 different user names and now they don't have an account

rated:
many, many times, I always snitch!

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   many, many times, I always snitch!
Snitches get stitches

rated:
Dilbertic said: They have been reported, 2 different user names and now they don't have an account

Glad to know that FW has no place for scammers

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017