terrible search results... automatically editing what I'm looking for?!?

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Okay, so why in the world when I search for "Seasonic" in hot deals do I get 120 pages of results, mostly all with the word "Season" or "Seasoned"??  Isn't that extremely stupid?  Especial if it doesn't give priority to the original word (looked though first 2 pages and not one "Seasonic").  Plus, it's not like there's not plenty of posts with "Seasonic" in the title either.  I tried "Seasonic power" and sure enough, a bunch of Seasonic PSU posts were revealed.  I understand including the root word in the search when it's plural, but removing "ic" suffix is often a different word altogether.

Probably just the way the forum software is designed, but I really thought this deserved pointing out as being a particularly bad design.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Danzilla said:   Okay, so why in the world when I search for "Seasonic" in hot deals do I get 120 pages of results, mostly all with the word "Season" or "Seasoned"??  Isn't that extremely stupid?  Especial if it doesn't give priority to the original word (looked though first 2 pages and not one "Seasonic").  Plus, it's not like there's not plenty of posts with "Seasonic" in the title either.  I tried "Seasonic power" and sure enough, a bunch of Seasonic PSU posts were revealed.  I understand including the root word in the search when it's plural, but removing "ic" suffix is often a different word altogether.

Probably just the way the forum software is designed, but I really thought this deserved pointing out as being a particularly bad design.

Hey Danzilla, 

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep that in mind and see what we can do going forward.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017