• filter:

Appliance Help Sticky?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
*Years* ago there was a thread dedicated to answering 'Appliance Repair' questions. Today I can't seem to come up with the correct SEARCH parameters to find it again. I need some help finding an online parts list / diagram for our old Kenmore gas dryer that my wife is attached to.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
TakeTheActive said:   *Years* ago there was a thread dedicated to answering 'Appliance Repair' questions. Today I can't seem to come up with the correct SEARCH parameters to find it again. I need some help finding an online parts list / diagram for our old Kenmore gas dryer that my wife is attached to.

Thanks.

I'm almost certain that thread is long since archived, as I'm not having much luck finding it either. Would you like to just post your question directly into the forums? If it becomes popular enough, we can sticky it again like the original post.   

rated:

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
TakeTheActive said:   *Years* ago there was a thread dedicated to answering 'Appliance Repair' questions. Today I can't seem to come up with the correct SEARCH parameters to find it again. I need some help finding an online parts list / diagram for our old Kenmore gas dryer that my wife is attached to.

Thanks.

I'm almost certain that thread is long since archived, as I'm not having much luck finding it either. Would you like to just post your question directly into the forums? If it becomes popular enough, we can sticky it again like the original post.   

Does your reply mean that you remember it also? (It was several years ago...)

I'll exchange some info here with @skh12, since I already tried the LINK he suggested yesterday with no results (returns ~3 pages of screws). In fact, I spent a couple of hours yesterday on GOOGLE, with no useful results, and that's why I remembered the 'old thread' here on FW and came to look for it. If I start a new thread, what forum would you like me to create it in?

Thanks.

rated:
TakeTheActive said:   
Virgil27 said:   

Thanks.

Does your reply mean that you remember it also? (It was several years ago...)

I'll exchange some info here with @skh12, since I already tried the LINK he suggested yesterday with no results (returns ~3 pages of screws). In fact, I spent a couple of hours yesterday on GOOGLE, with no useful results, and that's why I remembered the 'old thread' here on FW and came to look for it. If I start a new thread, what forum would you like me to create it in?

Thanks.

I do vaguely remember such a thread, though I'm having trouble remembering which sub-forum it was in. If you were interested in starting a new thread, I was thinking we could mirror it between Deal Discussion and Technology - hopefully someone between the two communities would be able to provide you with the specs you need. Let me know if you have any more questions.   

rated:
Thanks for the LINK but I found, and tried, it yesterday with no luck.

The details are: Sears Kenmore Gas Dryer

• Model (from label on back near top): 66911-76911
  • Part Number (from paper label with wiring schematic on inside of bottom front 'kick plate' which pulls off to see gas valve, motor, pulley, etc...): 689159
  • Part Needed: Drum Belt (finally dry rotted after ~40 years)

The dryer is sentimental because my wife's father bought it for us just before he prematurely died right after he retired from his job of 35 years - no trip to Hawaii, hardly any time with the grandson, and my wife still gets upset over it and tears up.

The 'Moisture Sensor' (two parallel contacts on the back wall inside the drum) failed ~20 years ago so we've been using 'Timed Drying' but if I find a parts diagram, I may order a few 'consumables' and give it a small overhaul.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have. I imagine many complete forums dedicated to "Appliance Repair" have popped up in the past decade; I just have to find a good one. At least it's summer and she can temporarily dry the clothes outside.

rated:
We'll see what @skh12 has to say (IIRC, he's an old-timer here too; at least I think I remember him from the Technology Forum when my health was better and I participated daily) and, in the meantime, I'll do some more GOOGLE'ng. If I need to, I'll create a new thread in Technology with an appropriate title.

Thanks.

rated:
We have a "Recommendation Needed" category on Deal Discussion. Why don't you post the thread on that forum and I'll categorize it as such - maybe someone will know where to find those parts. I'll also mirror it to the Technology forum . . . I know it's not technically what you think of when technology comes to mind, but it's a small yet active forum, and they might be able to help as well.

Appliance repair is probably tricky because it's such a general category. We've talked about adding a DIY forum to the community, but for one reason or another, it never materalized.

With that in mind, have you tried YouTube? A lot of people posted fix-it-yourself videos there, it might be another resource to consider. 

rated:
I have used Appliance Parts Pros several times, the link goes right to Thier main page and there is a help tab at the top

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017