• filter:

Go to first unread post on desktop site?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Question is - how do I go to the first undread post in a thread on the desktop site?  I've tried both modern and classic and can't see the option anywhere.  It's very easy to find on mobile.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Modern:

2nd column from the right side is REPLIES.  If there are unread posts, under the number of replies in that column will be the number of unread replies (for example "3 unread").  Click it to go to that first unread post.

If there are NO unread posts (only the number of replies is shown in the UNREAD column), click on the user/date/time stamp in the far right column, aptly titled LAST POST, and you'll get there.

rated:
TJtv said:   the first undread postActual "undread" posts are usually found in the Off Topic forum...

rated:
any way to move those columns that are on the FAR right side of the screen over to the left? It's sometimes difficult to quickly scan which threads have new posts when there's a large amount of real estate between the thread title and the number of new posts.

rated:
None that I'm aware of.

rated:
TJtv said:   any way to move those columns that are on the FAR right side of the screen over to the left? It's sometimes difficult to quickly scan which threads have new posts when there's a large amount of real estate between the thread title and the number of new posts.
  Conman is right - we don't currently have that level of customization, but I'll add it to the list of feedback. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017