• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
fwfisawesome said:   Looking for latest data points on this. Can Target gift cards be used on Target.com to purchase Disney gift cards? I am looking to buy around $1000 worth of disney GCs. Target site says can't buy other gift cards with Target GC, but want to know if others have had any different experience. Thanks!
  No.  Any purchase using a gift card to buy a gift card at Target.com will be cancelled.  Lots of experience on some Disney forums.

Target gift cards can be used to buy gift cards in Target stores.

rated:
ashabrianna said:   Definitely hit or miss, i usually go to paramus mall to exchange but this weekend I went to Jersey City and exchanged GameStop gift cards with no problems. Today I go to the one in Clifton and they tell me that they dont accept gift cards as payment. I think after the holidays they are going to crackdown more, so Im am offloading all of my GameStop gift cards now.

Anyone had recent success buying other GCs with GameStop gift cards? I got rejected (POS system, not the associate) last week.

rated:
Has anyone purchased cricket wireless refill cards from best buy B&M with a best buy gift card? I want to refill the cricket wireless account. I rarely make my way over to best buy's vicinity, I'm wondering if anyone else has rolled bb gift bucks to cricket (or other wireless prepaid carrier).

Thanks.

rated:
bob151 said:   Has anyone purchased cricket wireless refill cards from best buy B&M with a best buy gift card? I want to refill the cricket wireless account. I rarely make my way over to best buy's vicinity, I'm wondering if anyone else has rolled bb gift bucks to cricket (or other wireless prepaid carrier).

Thanks.

Yep, have purchased both Boost and Cricket with Best Buy gift cards, never an issue.

rated:
bob151 said:   Has anyone purchased cricket wireless refill cards from best buy B&M with a best buy gift card? I want to refill the cricket wireless account. I rarely make my way over to best buy's vicinity, I'm wondering if anyone else has rolled bb gift bucks to cricket (or other wireless prepaid carrier).

Thanks.

Buying phone refills shouldn't be a problem -- the only thing you have to watch out for is if your city/county/state has taxes or fees on wireless refills then you'll have to pay that on top

rated:
3c3 said:   Not technically a "store GC", but eBay GC can no longer be used to buy other GCs.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1521965/

one month reprieve on this for eBay gc purchased before Aug. 23.  Cash 'em out.
I've never bought Best Buy gc.  Was thinking to buy the "bonus" one currently available on eBay and using the BB to buy 3rd party in store.
Will that work?

rated:
I did that with an eBay card a few months ago. BB doesnt really have a large selection of 3rd party cards. I saw eBay and netflix and a handful of others that I had no interest in.

rated:
smaycs4 said:   I did that with an eBay card a few months ago. BB doesnt really have a large selection of 3rd party cards. I saw eBay and netflix and a handful of others that I had no interest in.
  no gas gc?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
smaycs4 said:   I did that with an eBay card a few months ago. BB doesnt really have a large selection of 3rd party cards. I saw eBay and netflix and a handful of others that I had no interest in.
  no gas gc?

I dont recall positively but Im so stocked up on gas cards that I wouldnt have any interest in them. If I had to wager, Id wager they did not have them. But, I wouldnt bet my life on it.I used to buy them at Kmart back before most of them closed up.

I loaded up on BP cards and then a half dozen local BPs rebranded. Since then, Ive found 2 out of the way stations that now accept them.
Circle K quick marts I believe.

rated:
Best Buy has BP in my area.  Probably Shell as well -- don't remember.

At least one Best Buy in my area no longer allows GC to be purchased with Best Buy GC, so YMMV.

rated:
3c3 said:   Best Buy has BP in my area.  Probably Shell as well -- don't remember.

At least one Best Buy in my area no longer allows GC to be purchased with Best Buy GC, so YMMV.

Is that store specific or register enforced?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
3c3 said:   Best Buy has BP in my area.  Probably Shell as well -- don't remember.

Is that store specific or register enforced?

I think the register still allows it. The cashier stopped the transaction and called a manager. I went to another Best Buy 50 miles away and used it.

rated:
My area Best Buys regularly have Mobil, BP and Shell GCs.

rated:
Hello. Looking for updated info. Is there any store allowing to buy third party egift cards (precisely itunes, xbox live, psn or nintendo egift card) with their gift cards (online store)? Maybe Target or GameStop

Can I buy Itunes egift card with WalMart egift card?

rated:
Happy dance. 
I had $150 in eBay gc.  Used them to buy $150 Best Buy gc and got the $15 bonus gc.
Bought $175 worth of gas gc ($150 Mobil, $25 Shell) paying the $10 difference w/ Staples rebate gc.

@statusdw: I know you can buy an iTunes gc w/ WalMart gc instore, IDK about online.

rated:
smaycs4 said:     
I loaded up on BP cards and then a half dozen local BPs rebranded. Since then, Ive found 2 out of the way stations that now accept them.

Are you saying Circle K accepts BP gift cards??

rated:
wyle1 said:   
smaycs4 said:     

Are you saying Circle K accepts BP gift cards??

In my area, all Circle Ks are cobranded with BP. The BP signs are smaller but the gas pumps are BP and the pumps accept BP gift cards. I have never went inside and tried to buy anything.

rated:
Target no longer allows you to buy gift cards with Target gift cards in the store. Not sure if the register still allows it but went to three different targets and they said the same thing. All self checkouts were closed so couldn't try the purchase there. End of an era for sure.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016