• filter:

I-bonds: 1.96% for 6 months if you buy May 1 - Oct 31 (includes fixed rate of 0.0%)

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Fixed rate for I bonds May 1st - October 31 is 0%

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/research/indepth/ibonds/res...

rated:
Thanks for posting JepJepJep

Link to full announcement and I-Bonds part 

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/news/pressroom/pressroom_comeeandi0517.htm

I Bond Composite Rate of 1.96% includes a Fixed Rate of 0.00%
The composite rate for Series I Savings Bonds is a combination of a fixed rate, which applies for the 30-year life of the bond, and the semiannual inflation rate. The 1.96% composite rate for I bonds bought from May 2017 through October 2017 applies for the first six months after the issue date. The composite rate combines a 0.00% fixed rate of return with the 1.96% annualized rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index for all Urban Consumers (CPI-U). The CPI-U increased from 241.428 in September 2016 to 243.801 in March 2017, a six-month change of 0.98%.

rated:
April CPI-U is posted = 244.524
Base line for next change (March) = 243.801
Total inflation for Apr = 0.3%

We have FIVE more months to go before new I-bonds inflation component rate will be set

rated:
Thanks MoneyOCD, wow inflation so low. I was hoping high cpi last month

rated:
RagingBull said:   Thanks MoneyOCD, wow inflation so low. I was hoping high cpi last month
  April actually was more in line with historical, but March did came low - very unusual. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017