ING Direct Black Friday 2012 - Expired

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ING Direct Black Friday

ING DIRECT's new name (come February) is Capital One 360 and we're committed as ever to finding ways to help you save, just like our 4th annual Black Friday Sale.

Member Summary

ING BF
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This has always been the case, for every ShareBuilder bonus in the past.

rlaw (Jan. 21, 2013 @ 2:57a) |

Anyone close this yet? Fee?

BingBlangBlaow (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 5:39p) |

Not a good reason to do it since there aren't any fees and it sounds like you can't churn their bonuses

misterspaghetti (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 5:50p) |

Courtesy of uutxs:

  1. $125 Checking bonus

    • Open Electric Orange November 23rd - 25th and make a total of 10 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or CheckMateSM deposits (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
    • Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50.
    • Bonus only available for new Electric Orange checking.
    • Keep in mind, your bonus may be reported to the IRS and your state.



  2. $10 Savings bonus
    • Open a Kids Savings Account November 23rd – 25th and we'll put a $10 bonus into your new account.
    • Only available when you open a new account with at least one new Customer (either you or the kiddo must be a new Customer to ING DIRECT).
    • $10 bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, and is available for withdrawal after 30 days.
    • There's no minimum deposit amount required. 0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield effective November 22, 2012.
    • Keep in mind, your bonus may be reported to the IRS and your state.



  3. $125 (after 2 trades) sharebuilder bonus
    Just open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st.
  4. $100 referral bonus
    • Receive a $100 bonus for the first 2 friends who open an Orange Savings AccountSM with a minimum deposit of $250 using the link in the referral email or your personal referral link between November 23rd - December 15th.
    • Each of your friends will get a $25 bonus (if they open the account with at least $250).



  5. Rollover old 401k and get upto $360 bonus (50k+ transfer; smaller bonus for lower amount transferred)
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Speculation time - let's see if the bonuses are at least as good as what ING Direct had this year. Hopefully its not just those overpriced merchandise that they had.

And have your customer number and secret code already on hand! Usually weasels out of anyone who does not ever getting any advertised big bonus.

Our 4th Annual Black Friday Sale’s almost here - make sure your Electric Orange Debit Card’s at the ready so you don’t miss out on our first great deal:

What: 1% Cash Back for purchases with your MasterCard® Debit Card
When: 3 days only from November 23rd to 25th
How: Use your Debit Card to grab sweet Cash Back during the Sale

Stop by ingdirect.com/BlackFriday to see the rest of our Black Friday offers - it's just the start of savings fun to come.

Be sure to have your Debit Card and Card PIN ready. If you need a new one, call 1-888-464-0727 from 8 AM to 8 PM by November 13th to make sure you’re ready for the Sale.

Bump. Starts in 37 minutes!

Just to triple check here. It doesn't look like there is any fee for having a balance below a certain value with ING, is that correct.

My fiancee and I were looking to set up a joint account and are considering doing it with ING. Here is our game plan.

1. Each do the BlackFriday deal and open up a checking account
2. Each get our bonus cash for signup
3. She transfers all her money from her account to my account
4. She cancels her account and I add her as a joint member/user on my ING account

Is all of this stuff possible?

Joesh said:   Just to triple check here. It doesn't look like there is any fee for having a balance below a certain value with ING, is that correct.

My fiancee and I were looking to set up a joint account and are considering doing it with ING. Here is our game plan.

1. Each do the BlackFriday deal and open up a checking account
2. Each get our bonus cash for signup
3. She transfers all her money from her account to my account
4. She cancels her account and I add her as a joint member/user on my ING account

Is all of this stuff possible?

Watch out for early closure fee and possible recapture of bonus in the fine print, if any.

uutxs said:   Joesh said:   Just to triple check here. It doesn't look like there is any fee for having a balance below a certain value with ING, is that correct.

My fiancee and I were looking to set up a joint account and are considering doing it with ING. Here is our game plan.

1. Each do the BlackFriday deal and open up a checking account
2. Each get our bonus cash for signup
3. She transfers all her money from her account to my account
4. She cancels her account and I add her as a joint member/user on my ING account

Is all of this stuff possible?

Watch out for early closure fee and possible recapture of bonus in the fine print, if any.


Alright, thanks. But other than that, perhaps she could just leave the account open with a $0 balance and incur no fees?

Joesh said:   Alright, thanks. But other than that, perhaps she could just leave the account open with a $0 balance and incur no fees?
Some bank tend to automatically close the account if the bal. is 0. Leave a buck or two.

  1. $125 Checking bonus

    • Open Electric Orange November 23rd - 25th and make a total of 10 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or CheckMateSM deposits (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
    • Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50.
    • Bonus only available for new Electric Orange checking.
    • Keep in mind, your bonus may be reported to the IRS and your state.

  2. $10 Savings bonus
    • Open a Kids Savings Account November 23rd – 25th and we'll put a $10 bonus into your new account.
    • Only available when you open a new account with at least one new Customer (either you or the kiddo must be a new Customer to ING DIRECT).
    • $10 bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, and is available for withdrawal after 30 days.
    • There's no minimum deposit amount required. 0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield effective November 22, 2012.
    • Keep in mind, your bonus may be reported to the IRS and your state.

  3. $125 (after 2 trades) sharebuilder bonus
    Just open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st.
  4. $100 referral bonus
    • Receive a $100 bonus for the first 2 friends who open an Orange Savings AccountSM with a minimum deposit of $250 using the link in the referral email or your personal referral link between November 23rd - December 15th.
    • Each of your friends will get a $25 bonus (if they open the account with at least $250).

  5. Rollover old 401k and get upto $360 bonus (50k+ transfer; smaller bonus for lower amount transferred)

Alright... so whats the easiest way to make 10 purchases? Make 10 really small payments on like a comcast bill or something?

uutxs said:   $125 Checking bonus
$10 Savings bonus
$125 (after 2 trades) sharebuilder bonus


Pretty crappy for existing customers.

Joesh said:   Alright... so whats the easiest way to make 10 purchases? Make 10 really small payments on like a comcast bill or something?
Or go to the self checkout counter at your grocery store (when it is not crowded).

chantspel said:   uutxs said:   $125 Checking bonus
$10 Savings bonus
$125 (after 2 trades) sharebuilder bonus


Pretty crappy for existing customers.


It has been for the last several years; once you do the Orange Checking bonus, it's basically all done.

Joesh said:   Alright... so whats the easiest way to make 10 purchases? Make 10 really small payments on like a comcast bill or something?

10 of their mobile check deposits for checks from yourself at another institution?

I'll have a 401k to rollover in a few weeks. Does anyone have any input on their IRAs? My balance would earn the $260 bonus. I currently have a ROTH IRA with Vanguard, and was planning on moving my 401k there as well. I have been thinking of being more active with the account also.

Hard pull for the checking account?

Does it say, new checking customers anywhere? Or just new checking account?

BingBlangBlaow said:   Joesh said:   Alright... so whats the easiest way to make 10 purchases? Make 10 really small payments on like a comcast bill or something?

10 of their mobile check deposits for checks from yourself at another institution?


This is borderline genius. I was wondering what I was going to do with all my Chase checks!!!

So are these EO accounts churnable? I think I'll finally open one this go around, and am just wondering if I'll be able to get in on future July 4th/BF deals again.

EugeneV said:   Does it say, new checking customers anywhere? Or just new checking account?
Bonus or not, you can have only one EO account AFAIK. Link to FAQ
Can I have more than one Electric Orange checking?

Customers can only have one Electric Orange. For example, if you have a joint Electric Orange with another Customer, you cannot have another Electric Orange with anyone else or a single Electric Orange in your name only.

BingBlangBlaow said:   So are these EO accounts churnable? I think I'll finally open one this go around, and am just wondering if I'll be able to get in on future July 4th/BF deals again.
No.
Bonus or not, you can have only one EO account AFAIK.

So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?

BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?
That is what I remember although I dont recall the source for this.

If A & B have only a join account can "B" alone open a new account and get the bonus?

MisterEd said:   If A & B have only a join account can "B" alone open a new account and get the bonus?No. See the FAQ I linked a few posts above.

uutxs said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?
That is what I remember although I dont recall the source for this.


There isn't a time limit on this? I closed ING altogether last year and I'll never be able to open another EO for new customer bonuses?

dpid said:   uutxs said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?
That is what I remember although I dont recall the source for this.


There isn't a time limit on this? I closed ING altogether last year and I'll never be able to open another EO for new customer bonuses?

IDK this for sure.

Are people opening additional sharebuilder accounts? I have 3 open at the moment from prior year deals. Anyone had luck opening another?

Looks like no stacking "refer a friend" with a new account. How long do the accounts have to stay open btw?

mastroadam said:   Looks like no stacking "refer a friend" with a new account. How long do the accounts have to stay open btw?

You should be able to refer a friend for online savings then they can open a new EO checking account for an additional $125.

drsauce said:   Hard pull for the checking account?

Yes.

BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?

No, you can open a new one after you close it. I was able to open a new checking account with no problem to bank this deal.

debtinator said:   Are people opening additional sharebuilder accounts? I have 3 open at the moment from prior year deals. Anyone had luck opening another?
same question here. i have also a few sharebuilder accounts. can i open this one for the bonus?

romanntiko said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?

No, you can open a new one after you close it. I was able to open a new checking account with no problem to bank this deal.

does this mean you can close an existing checking account and then open a new one for this bonus and you qualify?

AugustFour said:   debtinator said:   Are people opening additional sharebuilder accounts? I have 3 open at the moment from prior year deals. Anyone had luck opening another?
same question here. i have also a few sharebuilder accounts. can i open this one for the bonus?


I just opened a second account without difficulty. Received a "Promotion Entered" e-mail confirmation. We'll see!

I believe last year, the sharebuilder promo worked even if there were existing accounts. Even with that being said, I'm not sure I want to take the risk. It's a potential $105 profit or a potential $20 loss...

Ted2002 said:   AugustFour said:   debtinator said:   Are people opening additional sharebuilder accounts? I have 3 open at the moment from prior year deals. Anyone had luck opening another?
same question here. i have also a few sharebuilder accounts. can i open this one for the bonus?


I just opened a second account without difficulty. Received a "Promotion Entered" e-mail confirmation. We'll see!

i opened and received an email after a few minutes but no mentioning of "Promotion Entered" confirmation!

romanntiko said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   So if I close it, I can't ever open a new one?

No, you can open a new one after you close it. I was able to open a new checking account with no problem to bank this deal.

i thought you only qualify for checking bonus once. are you sure you qualified for the bonus when you opened for the 2nd time?

Skipping 42 Messages...
Not a good reason to do it since there aren't any fees and it sounds like you can't churn their bonuses



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017