• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
The only worry about Mango and other prepaid cards I have is that they could disable ACH withdrawals on a whim and any attempts would cause me problems at my destination institution. Ally "suspends" the external accounts for which the transfers don't go through successfully.

I just don't want my Ally bank shut down because my Mango ACH pull didn't go through...

rated:
ACH push on the 23rd, still not showing in mango. Not a new ACH source, has worked previously.

rated:
My pulls from the 23rd and the 27th went through.

rated:
wyle1 said:   
tinker25 said:   The reverted ACH has not shown up on Mango yet.  It is such a pain that one can not SM or email Mango.  Meanwhile I SMed my local Bank and see what they can do.

What was the reason for NetSpend to reverse the ACH?  Can you later ACH $ out of the same NetSpend?

Thanks

From 12 posts above yours - "If you have any questions, please contact us at PO Box 315, New York NY 10018, MangoSupport@praxell.com or by calling 855-515-2273 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern."

Thank you for the email pointer.  Emailed Mango last night, surprisingly got a reply already.  Mango stated that my local bank pulled twice, so they rejected once.  I have forwarded mango's email to my local bank. I have ACHed many times between these accounts w/o issues,  I did not ACH earlier in the month (hence did not run into ACH issues many run into earlier in the month).   

Will update when I have further info  

rated:
update - My local bank traced the ACH and called Mango and got transferred to US Financial Card (USFC). USFC said they have the fund, but did not process back to my Mango acct, need to speak with me (not sure why? If mango has my $, not putting into my acct?). Forwarded this to Mango Support. Mango support said they do not see any pending returns...

Seems like a zoo with Mango...

rated:
Interested posted as normal on my 2 Mango accounts. I did ACH push for DD as usual but I did pay the $3 fee. Not sure if I can skip it anymore with all their issues.

rated:
After last month's problems with Mango I decided to cash out and close the account, but when trying to transfer all of my money out of savings I just get this message:

"Amount exceeds transaction allowed limit"

Of course the limit isn't specified anywhere so after some trial and error I think I discovered that there's a limit of $1,500 per transaction. Fortunately they allow multiple $1,500 transactions in a row, so I was able to do a few of them to completely drain the savings account. Since you're only allowed six transactions per month from the savings account it seems like they're doing this to force you to use up most of those when cashing out the savings account. Just another sketchy thing that's making me glad to get my money away from Mango...

Edit: To be clear I'm talking about transferring from Mango Savings to the Mango Prepaid Card - this is *not* about ACHing the money out of Mango.

rated:
update - I asked my local bank to initiate a 3 way con-call with me and Mango this morning.  This seemed worked.  My missing fund is credited back to my Mango acct a few hour later .  

For $25, it sure was a lot of hassle, hours spent with numerous email communication with two banks back and forth.   but I wanted to resolve this so that I'm not out or locked out the entire $5000 x 3 

have not tried ACH since.  

rated:
J3anyus said:   After last month's problems with Mango I decided to cash out and close the account, but when trying to transfer all of my money out of savings I just get this message:

"Amount exceeds transaction allowed limit"

Of course the limit isn't specified anywhere so after some trial and error I think I discovered that there's a limit of $1,500 per transaction. Fortunately they allow multiple $1,500 transactions in a row, so I was able to do a few of them to completely drain the savings account. Since you're only allowed six transactions per month from the savings account it seems like they're doing this to force you to use up most of those when cashing out the savings account. Just another sketchy thing that's making me glad to get my money away from Mango...

@J3anyus - good luck getting the money out.  Please let us know if you are successful getting the $ pulled from Mango

rated:
BenH said:   Just point of reference I pay my $3 and do DD/ACH from Chase and continue to receive interest (as of 5/31).
  Received my interest as normal on 6/30 with continuing Chase DDs.

I have had no interruptions or issues... sorry for the trouble you folks have had.

rated:
Additionally - when they finally credit back my $25, they took the liberty to deduct $3, $3, $3, $3, $3 with 5 transactions (I assume it is for the past five months.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   Interested posted as normal on my 2 Mango accounts. I did ACH push for DD as usual but I did pay the $3 fee. Not sure if I can skip it anymore with all their issues.

Mind clarifying this? I'm about to open a Mango account and thought the $3 fee deduction is standard across the board for all account holders -- is there another $3 fee associated with ACH pushes? Or were you somehow avoiding the standard account fee?

On a related note, did you had issues in May/June of interest not posting?

Thanks

rated:
People are/were avoiding the fee by leaving $0 in the prepaid account since Mango won't let your account go negative.  However, as Tinker's post illustrates, apparently they never forget!

rated:
simmias said:   People are/were avoiding the fee by leaving $0 in the prepaid account since Mango won't let your account go negative.  However, as Tinker's post illustrates, apparently they never forget!
  I did not share in Tinker's experience.  They did take out $3 on the last day of the month but that's it.  We'll see if they take out more now that I have moved my interest to the debit card to transfer out tomorrow.   Note that Tinker also had manually eyes on his account.

rated:
BenH said:   
BenH said:   Just point of reference I pay my $3 and do DD/ACH from Chase and continue to receive interest (as of 5/31).
  Received my interest as normal on 6/30 with continuing Chase DDs.

I have had no interruptions or issues... sorry for the trouble you folks have had.

Same boat here.  2x Chase DDs, got 6%, paid $3 + another $3 (possibly from last month when I had zero balance on card)

rated:
For folks with accounts, did you have any issues receiving the account opening verification SMS/text message? I've tried with both a Google Voice and AT&T number, and didn't get verification codes on either

Might have to call in to speak to CSR...

Edit -- looks like the text verification system only works during open hours. Gave it a try today after 2-3 tries the last few evenings and it was working today.

rated:
Yea Mango finally caught up with me to on skipping the monthly fee. I think they implemented it last month based on others responses. I sent over my $500 ACH/DD and they pulled out months of fees lol. No biggie. It was fun while it lasted and actually I think they didn't get it all. I've been doing this since they changed over last year and they only took out 5 months so only went back for this year.

rated:
Was finally able to re-link my external checking account to my Mango account. Funny thing, Mango called to verify the verification transactions were legit before allowing them to post. All seems to be good now, but my first ACH pull is set for Monday.

rated:
Did you keep trying or did they call you following up from you attempt from last month?

rated:
I waited until last week then tried re-linking. Figured that all the other FWF users would get the problem sorted out in the meantime.

rated:
The limit is $1700 per withdrawal from savings. I didn't have any trouble getting my money out of two Mango accounts via ACH pull in mid-June. I ended up keeping one account and they are still paying interest, though they were rude to me and others last month. Cannot trust these people.

rated:
New terms:

Each natural person is limited to one Mango Savings Account. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) advertised of 6.00% applies only to the portion of your savings account balance, which is $1.00-$5,000.00. To qualify, you must add Net Direct Deposits of $800 or more to your Mango Card account during the calendar month; otherwise 2.00% APY will apply. An Annual Percentage Yield of 0.10% will be paid on the portion of your savings account balance that is $5,000.01-$10,000.00. " Net Direct Deposits " are the total amount of ACH direct deposits to your card account for the month less the total amount of ACH debits made from your card account during the month. ACH debits include bill pay transactions and any other transactions debited from your account via ACH. You must deposit at least $1.00 to open your Savings Account and receive the advertised Annual Percentage Yield. You must have at least $1.00 Minimum Balance on the Last Day of Month to Receive Interest. Rate is accurate as of July 30, 2016. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your Savings Account. We may change the interest rate on your Savings Account at any time.

rated:
Am I reading that correctly? If we ACH in $800 and then ACH $800 back out then that yields a net direct deposit of $0 and then we do not receive 6%? Ugh.

rated:
dboston1 said:   Am I reading that correctly? If we ACH in $800 and then ACH $800 back out then that yields a net direct deposit of $0 and then we do not receive 6%? Ugh.

Yes, that is how I read it.  It doesn't say anything about if you drain the 800 by using the card.  I am not a huge fan, but it is somewhat clever.  

rated:
What if you remove the money like 30 days later, so there is a 30 day lag time? I.E. basically keeping the 800 in the account at all times in the card portion of the account?.

rated:
Greatness said:   What if you remove the money like 30 days later, so there is a 30 day lag time? I.E. basically keeping the 800 in the account at all times in the card portion of the account?.
  Then you'd get the 6% interest for month 1, but not for month 2 unless you direct deposited $1600 in that month. Or that is my understanding based on this wording. You'd basically have to continue to add $800 more per month than you're taking out in order to continuously receive 6% on $5k. But someone please correct me if my understanding is off.

rated:
so you can just keep on adding 800 every month, and every 3rd or 4th or whatever month remove the whole thing (and not get interest for that month). not sure if this is worth the hassle, might be time to close this account.

rated:
I'm reading the update as they want you to use the debit / credit card feature. I think I saw a comment here where their rep said essentially "you're cheating by not using the card." So you have to have a net positive 800 ACH. But it doesn't say you have to be net positive 800. To me that means you can use the debit / credit card and drain that 800.

rated:
So what's the consensus here? Mango dead?

rated:
With the new terms, you could get the money out by buying $800 of money orders with the card per month. But they are liable to say that is "cheating," considering their recent mendacity.

rated:
This is obviously way worse than it was, but still getting 2% beats my regular savings accounts. I figure that starting at 3400 and adding 800 a month on day 1 for two months and then removing 1600 on the last day of month 3 I will still get an effective 3.68% return. I figure 1% for the money while not in Mango and 2% for the month I don't make the 800 net. I think that this is going to be my approach since it can be fully automated.

In month 3 of the cycle a money order purchase could be worth about $17, but I won't go to Wally World and the bank for that much.

rated:
Thinking about just switching to Northpointe Rewards Checking and LMCU. These hoops are just not worth it anymore.

rated:
the more people that drop mango, the longer it will last.

other than increasing my "deposit" amount to $800, nothing else changes for me.

rated:
Greatness said:   Thinking about just switching to Northpointe Rewards Checking and LMCU. These hoops are just not worth it anymore.

DODIX for me. Even those hoops are too much.

rated:
I can't tell from the TOC's if this starts August or September?

rated:
jamesfatwallet said:   I can't tell from the TOC's if this starts August or September?
  Saw a post elsewhere that said new terms are effective September 1.

rated:
Greatness said:   Thinking about just switching to Northpointe Rewards Checking and LMCU. These hoops are just not worth it anymore.
  Northpointe requires 15 monthly debit card purchases totaling atleast $500.  That's much more of a hoop.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016