• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
Looking4morecents said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   Where is everybody?
  I sold most of my dividend stocks and used the proceeds to pay off my house.
I'm slowing rebuilding the brokerage account but mostly buying PML.

Congrats on paying off the house!  A big accomplishment.  Lots of talk about not paying off a house because interest rates are so low, but if you can afford to pay it off and just sleep better because of paying it off, then you have done the right thing for you and that's all that matters.  Now your cash flow is so much better and you can resume your savings/investing strategies!  

PML, Pimco Municipal, pays nice 5.7% dividend.  Which state is it tax free?

Thanks for the kind words.  Paying it off made sense to me when I compared paying taxes on my dividends and paying interest on the mortgage.
PML is tax-free in regards to Federal Income Tax but I believe it will be taxable income at my state level.

rated:
I've thought about paying off my house several times in the past few years. My rate after tax deduction is just too low, so I just can't justify it.

rated:
I'm here but not much trading. Just been reading a bunch of Seeking Alpha articles.

Last trade was in Ford earlier this year. basically just collecting the 5% Div. Was looking at TAL but never pulled the trigger and now that it's Triton I may dip my toe in. Also looking at other telecom div payers like Centurylink's 7% ish Div.

I've also been stalking some others but it's area I'm not familiar with yet. STAG and such. Waited too long to buy O and missed it, seems overpriced now.

PML hmm i'm going to look into that too.

rated:
Would the State version of PML for a particular state be 100% tax free?
For example, if I live in California would Pimco CA Muni. (PCK) be Federal AND State tax free?

rated:
sredni said:   Would the State version of PML for a particular state be 100% tax free?
For example, if I live in California would Pimco CA Muni. (PCK) be Federal AND State tax free?

I think you are correct. It would be state and fed tax free since it is California muni and you live in California.

rated:
Anyone familiar with DLR (a big-data collection business)? It pays about 3.5% dividend.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016