• filter:

Dividend paying stocks discussion and ETFs discussion

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ctujackbauer said:   
intex45 said:   
ctujackbauer said:   RMCF yahoo finance (for some reason google finance doesn't track it that well)

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. 4.2% dividend.

I've been in this one at $10'ish. They're starting to expand again in the US, and usually stick to their knitting with franchises in high traffic areas. I think their international expansion will be pretty big for the company.

It is a microcap ($66 mil market cap), so buyer beware. The stock got hit in the last recession, and with all the doom and gloom about the death of retail in the news - it might depress the price.

Ever since you mentioned it, it's been steadily going up. FW effect?

NRZ took a dump as did a few other mReits. May be a good time to buy...

Ha, I was about to bump our posts.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but some random-finance-article-writer-robot website (they're all over google finance) said that Renaissance Technologies (James Simons' quantitative hedge fund) now has 8-10% of the company.  "article" link 

You know what I regret? Not taking my normal size position because it's a microcap. I guess the logic was sound at the time, but it would be my biggest gain (paper gain). I can't really sell now if it becomes a momo play because of other hedgies copying Renaissance Tech.

Also, I'm a believer in the company, but even I'm wary of it being connected to a lot of those Coldstone Creamery stores. That's one of the worst franchisers out there. But I think there's still a lot of upside.

In all truthiness, it's probably not too late to add on. I actually bought a few hundred shares shortly after visiting the one here in Downtown Seattle. It's in a great tourist trap location, so they will always have people coming in for a taste. Their dividend is great, NI is on an upward trend so it shows to me their getting more efficient with their operations, and aren't nearly as saturated as other chocolatiers.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017