• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
barrytuneup said:   why is everyone here making this so hard. I have 2 BBR accts for 2 years and get 30.00 on each deposited to my BOA savings acct (zero interest)1)open a BOA savings acct with 301.00 to keep it fee free and to have an acct to get the extra 5.00/quarter. 2)charge 10.00 to card 2)wait for STATEMENT CLOSING showing you OWE 10.00 3)pay the bill as usual. 4) charge another 10.00 and continue!! In 2 years I have pocketed 480.. from 2 acct. And you can even pay the 10.00 from the savings acct (when the 30.00 posts) as long as it doesn't go below 301.00
  Set up automatic bill payments and you can skip the manual step #3.

rated:
you are correct on that sir!!

rated:
I got my BBR Visa in September, thinking that I could meet the requirements for the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter, but that wasn't the case.

9/27 - $10 charge
statement cycled 10/22 with a $10 balance
10/14 - $10 charge
11/1 - Paid $10 (October statement paid full)
statement cycled 11/22 with a $10 balance
11/27 - $10 charge
12/1 - Paid $10 (November statement paid full)
statement cycled 12/22 with a $10 balance
12/26 - $10 charge
01/02 - Paid $10 (December statement paid full)
statement cycled 1/22 with a $10 balance
No bonus

Chatted with an agent today who told me that I do not qualify for the bonus due to the first (September) statement not having a balance carried over from a previous statement. But that goes against what is outlined in the terms at this link But the same terms also say the bonus should be credited by January 30th, so I'll give it a few more days. But based on the activity, shouldn't I qualify?

rated:
flwsoldier said:   I got my BBR Visa in September, thinking that I could meet the requirements for the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter, but that wasn't the case.

9/27 - $10 charge
statement cycled 10/22 with a $10 balance
10/14 - $10 charge
11/1 - Paid $10 (October statement paid full)
statement cycled 11/22 with a $10 balance
11/27 - $10 charge
12/1 - Paid $10 (November statement paid full)
statement cycled 12/22 with a $10 balance
12/26 - $10 charge
01/02 - Paid $10 (December statement paid full)
statement cycled 1/22 with a $10 balance
No bonus

Chatted with an agent today who told me that I do not qualify for the bonus due to the first (September) statement not having a balance carried over from a previous statement. But that goes against what is outlined in the terms at https://www.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/cms/published/root/dcb/PDF/BAC_BetterBalance_PR.pdf But the same terms also say the bonus should be credited by January 30th, so I'll give it a few more days. But based on the activity, shouldn't I qualify?

chill and take a look at what I posted here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1260381/m19357190#m19357...

rated:
Check your accounts for rewards.
My Better Balance rewards for the 1st Quarter 2016 posted on 4/6/2016. 

The whole process has been getting very smooth. 

rated:
I was able to covert a American Psychology Association BOA card (cash rewards) which I did not need since I had other cash rewards cards with BOA to a Better balances card via chat.

Attempts to convert other cards failed, and an attempt for a Koman Mastercard of my wife failed. Possibly having Platinum Honors status helped.

This card had a $5,000 limit, and when I called to actiate I was offered an attractive balance transfer offer, which I took for essentially the full amount.

It should be easy to administer since I set it up for automatic payments of the minimum. Since the terms seemed to say to pay more than the minimum each month, I added an automatic payment of 1 cent per month using BOA bill payment.

Since the card started out with a zero balance, I am not sure whether I will qualify for this quarter, since the balance transfer hit just after April 1. I did make a $1.00 payment in the hope that this helped.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   I was able to covert a American Psychology Association BOA card (cash rewards) which I did not need since I had other cash rewards cards with BOA to a Better balances card via chat.

Attempts to convert other cards failed, and an attempt for a Koman Mastercard of my wife failed. Possibly having Platinum Honors status helped.

This card had a $5,000 limit, and when I called to actiate I was offered an attractive balance transfer offer, which I took for essentially the full amount.

It should be easy to administer since I set it up for automatic payments of the minimum. Since the terms seemed to say to pay more than the minimum each month, I added an automatic payment of 1 cent per month using BOA bill payment.

Since the card started out with a zero balance, I am not sure whether I will qualify for this quarter, since the balance transfer hit just after April 1. I did make a $1.00 payment in the hope that this helped.

As long as your charge is posted before your April statement date, you will be ok....just keep using the card and paying the bill each month. Note that occasionally BoA cancels low balances, so I would charge more than $2.

rated:
I got my bonus this time

rated:
NEDeals said:   Check your accounts for rewards.

interesting.. mine's usually post at the end of the month but this month, it also posted on 4/6.
4/6 is the current month's billing cycle.
end of the month is next month's billing cycle

rated:
yurgreat said:   NEDeals said:   Check your accounts for rewards.

interesting.. mine's usually post at the end of the month but this month, it also posted on 4/6.
4/6 is the current month's billing cycle.
end of the month is next month's billing cycle

The rewards posting date is unrelated to a billing cycle.

But if your rewards are being posted to your card, be careful if your statement ends before you can make charges to ensure a billable balance.

rated:
Prof Ed and all others: I have 2 of these cards and charge 10-15.00/monthly on both. Pay the entire bill when they email me bill is due. Then charge again...repeat. never missed a bonus yet. The "min payment stuff" is just there to confuse.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   Prof Ed and all others: I have 2 of these cards and charge 10-15.00/monthly on both. Pay the entire bill when they email me bill is due. Then charge again...repeat. never missed a bonus yet. The "min payment stuff" is just there to confuse.
  From personal experience, paying in full using their E-bill procedure qualifies you, and is easily automated.

I have less experience with carrying a balance, since I normally do not do this. But with the 0% balance transfer interest offer I accepted, I will be carrying a balance.

Hence I am doing what the notice implies must be done and paying the minimum (automatic) and then 1 cent more (automated).

rated:
ihave an existing cash signature visa, are we able to convert to this card? and does anyone know if they do a hard pull for doing a product change

rated:
RagingBull said:   ihave an existing cash signature visa, are we able to convert to this card? and does anyone know if they do a hard pull for doing a product change
  It's a hard pull now. You have to apply for it, It is no longer available to convert to Better Balance Rewards anymore.

rated:
jojojones said:   
RagingBull said:   ihave an existing cash signature visa, are we able to convert to this card? and does anyone know if they do a hard pull for doing a product change
  It's a hard pull now. You have to apply for it, It is no longer available to convert to Better Balance Rewards anymore.

See the post from last week for another experience where converting worked. 

rated:
The second quarter rewards have posted for all 3 of my BBR accounts.

Hopefully, everyone else's rewards will go smoothly too.

rated:
I received my quarterly bonuses.

rated:
NEDeals said:   I received my quarterly bonuses.
This is the first quarter ever for me that did not post automatically. What is the best procedure when you should have received the quarterly bonus but did not? Just call them and tell them? After you call them how long does it take to get your bonus?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   NEDeals said:   I received my quarterly bonuses.
This is the first quarter ever for me that did not post automatically. What is the best procedure when you should have received the quarterly bonus but did not? Just call them and tell them? After you call them how long does it take to get your bonus?

The 2nd quarter bonus isn't due until 31 July.
If you are asking about the 1st quarter bonus, give them a call, tell them, and ask how long it will take to get your bonus.

rated:
NEDeals said:   
The 2nd quarter bonus isn't due until 31 July.
If you are asking about the 1st quarter bonus, give them a call, tell them, and ask how long it will take to get your bonus.

I was talking about 2nd quarter. I have read reports that people have been getting their bonus already. I will wait until the end of the month like you suggest and then call to investigate if I haven't gotten it by then. Usually I receive the bonus sometime during the latter part of the first week of each new quarter when it posts automatically. I guess I need to be more patient.

EDIT: It posted. Sometime between when I wrote my original post this morning at around 7:30 and now (10:54 am), the $30 was deposited into my B of A checking account. Patience is the key.

rated:
glad to hear that Vietnam!! My 2 accts also posted on Tues.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   glad to hear that Vietnam!! My 2 accts also posted on Tues.

mine's usually post near the end of the month.
but 1st quarter they posted at the beginning of the month.

lucky I logged in and saw that. changed my buying strategy and bought $26 worth of stuff so the free $ can keep coming.
(I don't have a BoA checking acct)

rated:
yurgreat said:   
barrytuneup said:   glad to hear that Vietnam!! My 2 accts also posted on Tues.
  mine's usually post near the end of the month.
but 1st quarter they posted at the beginning of the month.

lucky I logged in and saw that. changed my buying strategy and bought $26 worth of stuff so the free $ can keep coming.
(I don't have a BoA checking acct)

non-BOA accounts do seem to post later and are much more unpredictable.   That is why I ended up opening a BOA savings account this year, not for the extra $5, but because the payment is more predictable and now won't possibly interfere with next quarter's reward if I miss when it posts.

rated:
Is there a limit to a minimum balance charged per month to get the rewards? Been doing Ooma + Netflix on this card, but saw $100 Netflix card w/ free $10 GC @ Best Buy, so recurring charge would be > $4 but less than <$5 until GC funds expire.

edit: went ahead and got it anyway, probably will be fine as I see no mention in the thread as long as PIF is done.

rated:
My $30 savings account rewards have been posting like clockwork for over three years now. I always charge slightly over $25 per billing statement, wait for the statement to close, PIF, and do it again the following month. I know it works if the total charges are less than $25 and paid in full, but I figure if an auditor decides to find a way to save money, the first thing they'll do before shutting down the entire program is to stop paying on accounts that aren't following all the terms and conditions exactly as written. When I charge over $25 in a billing period and the minimum payment is exactly $25 and I pay in full, there can be no argument that my payment only equaled, and did not exceed, the minimum payment. There's no language in the agreement prohibiting PIF every month.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   My $30 savings account rewards have been posting like clockwork for over three years now. I always charge slightly over $25 per billing statement, wait for the statement to close, PIF, and do it again the following month. I know it works if the total charges are less than $25 and paid in full, but I figure if an auditor decides to find a way to save money, the first thing they'll do before shutting down the entire program is to stop paying on accounts that aren't following all the terms and conditions exactly as written. When I charge over $25 in a billing period and the minimum payment is exactly $25 and I pay in full, there can be no argument that my payment only equaled, and did not exceed, the minimum payment. There's no language in the agreement prohibiting PIF every month.

The minimum payment of $25 doesn't apply unless the balance is at least $25. 

rated:
NEDeals said:   
DTASFAB said:   My $30 savings account rewards have been posting like clockwork for over three years now. I always charge slightly over $25 per billing statement, wait for the statement to close, PIF, and do it again the following month. I know it works if the total charges are less than $25 and paid in full, but I figure if an auditor decides to find a way to save money, the first thing they'll do before shutting down the entire program is to stop paying on accounts that aren't following all the terms and conditions exactly as written. When I charge over $25 in a billing period and the minimum payment is exactly $25 and I pay in full, there can be no argument that my payment only equaled, and did not exceed, the minimum payment. There's no language in the agreement prohibiting PIF every month.

I understand that, but I actually read the T&C when I applied for the card.  The way you describe it is how it's being enforced, but not how it's written in the T&C, at least as of 06/2013.  Maybe it has been updated since I applied for the card 37 months ago.

rated:
luiset83 said:   Is there a limit to a minimum balance charged per month to get the rewards?

I'm doing $1.05 charge every month.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   
NEDeals said:   

I understand that, but I actually read the T&C when I applied for the card.  The way you describe it is how it's being enforced, but not how it's written in the T&C, at least as of 06/2013.  Maybe it has been updated since I applied for the card 37 months ago.

The terms of the better balance reward specifically state that a payment in full is a qualifying payment.  No worries or $25 concerns.  The $25 just means if you have a balance of $25 or more, the minimum payment due will be at least $25.  Previously it was $15 or similar.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   why is everyone here making this so hard. I have 2 BBR accts for 2 years and get 30.00 on each deposited to my BOA savings acct (zero interest)1)open a BOA savings acct with 301.00 to keep it fee free and to have an acct to get the extra 5.00/quarter. 2)charge 10.00 to card 2)wait for STATEMENT CLOSING showing you OWE 10.00 3)pay the bill as usual. 4) charge another 10.00 and continue!! In 2 years I have pocketed 480.. from 2 acct. And you can even pay the 10.00 from the savings acct (when the 30.00 posts) as long as it doesn't go below 301.00
  Isn't it $120 a year per account so that would be $240 in 2 years? I am only asking because I have been getting mailers to sign-up for different cards and before a hard check on my credit just want to pick the right one.

rated:
TheBells said:   
  Isn't it $120 a year per account so that would be $240 in 2 years? I am only asking because I have been getting mailers to sign-up for different cards and before a hard check on my credit just want to pick the right one.

$120/year X 2 accounts = $240/year X 2 years = $480.  

rated:
correct, 480.00 over 2 years. What I have done is have the 30.00 deposited into their crappy savings acct (300.00 minimum to avoid fees) and pay 10.00 each billing statement from the savings acct. So basically free stuff. I buy about 10-12.00 in the grocery store on both cards each month. But not sure how long they will keep this going. Any ideas?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016