• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
The third quarter rewards have posted for all 3 of my BBR accounts.Hopefully, everyone else's rewards will go smoothly too.

rated:
iLoveTahoe said:   The third quarter rewards have posted for all 3 of my BBR accounts.Hopefully, everyone else's rewards will go smoothly too.

Mine were credited yesterday, but didn't appear in the account until today.  Thanks BoA!

rated:
Just got a BBR and want to open a BoA savings account for the extra $5/quarter.  Has BoA ever offered a bank bonus on the $300 min savings account?  Just wondering if I should wait for a targeted promotion or just open the savings account now.

rated:
SantoriniG said:   Just got a BBR and want to open a BoA savings account for the extra $5/quarter.  Has BoA ever offered a bank bonus on the $300 min savings account?  Just wondering if I should wait for a targeted promotion or just open the savings account now.
  So far, I do not recall seeing a savings promotion from them.  They did Target me for $100 checking earlier this year tho.

rated:
never saw a promo for the 300.00 min savings acct in five years. it's best to keep 301.00 as I do so as not to fall between the cracks. They could say "you need over 300.00" for the free acct. I've done this on wife's and my acct and each of us have the BB card for 3 years? Or 2.5 years? Very lucrative as long as you follow the rules.

rated:
I've never seen a promo on the savings account either. I just keep $300 in there and haven't had any issues. It has never earned a penny of interest either.

rated:
Thanks, FrozenBiker, barrytuneup, and thestorm. I'll just open the savings account now (and won't bother waiting for a targeted checking promo that requires a DD).

rated:
Two more quick questions: 1) Has anyone ever received a referral bonus from BoA for referring their spouse for a BBR card? 2) Can my spouse and I have one joint BoA savings account that we both deposit our individual BBR quarterly bonuses to or do we need two separate savings accounts? Thanks.

rated:
Don't know about a joint savings acct. Might not work. Do what I do the past few years... separate BBrewards cards and separate 301.00 savings accts. With 120.00 per year it's about 40% interest/ I'm not a mathematician!!

rated:
Since someone started a new thread about this elsewhere on the forum, I figured I'd ask this question in the proper place. Do the people who have multiple BBR accounts have the $30 from each account funneled into the same basic savings account (the one with the $300 minimum daily balance)?

I have only 4 accounts with them - 3 credit cards and the basic savings account. One of the three credit cards is my BBR card. The other two accounts are former MBNA accounts that are my oldest and third oldest cards, respectively. These old accounts are not rewards accounts and are sock-drawered except for a small $1.01 charge three times a year to keep active. Will they allow a product conversion without a hard pull and without losing the history of the two old accounts?

I would like to triple my $30 quarterly bonus without too much of a headache if possible.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   Since someone started a new thread about this elsewhere on the forum, I figured I'd ask this question in the proper place. Do the people who have multiple BBR accounts have the $30 from each account funneled into the same basic savings account (the one with the $300 minimum daily balance)?

I have only 4 accounts with them - 3 credit cards and the basic savings account. One of the three credit cards is my BBR card. The other two accounts are former MBNA accounts that are my oldest and third oldest cards, respectively. These old accounts are not rewards accounts and are sock-drawered except for a small $1.01 charge three times a year to keep active. Will they allow a product conversion without a hard pull and without losing the history of the two old accounts?

I would like to triple my $30 quarterly bonus without too much of a headache if possible.

I have three BBR cards with their rewards (both BBR and BankAmeriDeals) funneled into the same savings account.  DW has one BBR card with the rewards funneled into her savings account.  I don't think splitting them was necessary, but it does keep both savings accounts active.

All four of our BBR cards were conversions from other BofA products back in 2013, and were done with no HP, and still show the opening dates of the original accounts on my CR.  But I've heard that BofA doesn't allow PC's to BBR anymore, though I can't directly confirm/deny that.

Chris.

rated:
Thanks for all that information... I will attempt to convert the two geriatric accounts one at a time rather than both together.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   Thanks for all that information... I will attempt to convert the two geriatric accounts one at a time rather than both together.

Since we are near the end of a quarter, actually receiving the bonus for the fourth and 1st (2017) quarters will depend on specific timing of your statement date, receiving the card, and payment date, since BoA doesn't follow their own terms for converted accounts..
If the conversion happens before your December statement date AND you've been having statements with a balance that you paid in October-December, you will get the fourth quarter bonus.  But be sure you have a charge ready to be paid in January so that you will get the next quarter bonus in April 2017. 

BoA allowed conversions to BB from other cards in 2013-2014.  But by June 2015, folks here were reporting that they were not allowing a conversion to BB anymore. 

rated:
My quarterly BB bonuses posted on 1/5/2016. Hopefully everyone else's will too!

rated:
My $30 bonus posted in my Merrill Edge Cash Management Account on 01/06/17.  Happy New Year, everyone!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017