• filter:

BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards Card

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
zjts said:   
marcopolomle said:   This card is getting discontinued soon.
  are u kidding or do u have some verification?

Click on "discontinued" - due to wonders of technology there is a link to another website.
READ the info given on that website and you shall learn the truth.

rated:

No its NOT

"Existing BBR cardholders will remain as before, it’s only new applications that won’t be accepted starting June

Hopefully, existing BBR cardholders will be able to take advantage of the $100-$120 annual benefit for a long time."

Per your link ... not much to see except for new people

rated:
invisible said:   

No its NOT

"Existing BBR cardholders will remain as before, it’s only new applications that won’t be accepted starting June

Hopefully, existing BBR cardholders will be able to take advantage of the $100-$120 annual benefit for a long time."

Per your link ... not much to see except for new people

YES this card is getting discontinued.
The word "discontinued" means "no longer available or produced (of a product)".

rated:
invisible said:   
cpaynter said:   
invisible said:   
NEDeals said:   For some reason, my BoA deposit account was removed from the reward profiles, and this month my rewards were applied to my card balances. Fortunately this happened right after the card statements closed, so I had plenty of time to retrieve the negative balance on my cards. CSR put my BoA account back in my profiles, so hopefully the rewards will go directly to my deposit accounts in July.

If your $30 reward goes to the card and the statement closes without at least $30.01 in charges, you lose out for the quarter.

How does it get removed from profile?
How do you detect it to be able to act? what gave indication that happened?
TIA for others -- never happened to me --just puzzled

I know you were asking the OP, but since the same thing happened to me,
1. Apparently BofA changed the preference in my profile with no notice to me.
2. As is my daily habit I pulled up Mint on my phone to peruse status of all of my accounts and saw that my BofA credit card account had a credit balance of $22 and fortunately I still had a couple of days before statement cut to make a charge.

Chris.

Thanks, no this is helpful. I do not see anything like Rewards or anything related to that under acct profile. Where exactly do you see or detect that

Sorry, I was using "profile" in a generic sense.  It's actually simpler than that.  If you log into BofA, then click on your credit card account, below the Account Summary section there should be a Rewards section, with a link for "View Rewards Preference."  Click on that and you'll get another screen which will give you the options for the BBR credits.

To set your preference for BankAmeriDeals credits, you click on the "Special Offers & Deals" tab, then click on the "Preferences" tab.

Chris.

P.S.  Holy carp, I was just reviewing my post and see that I have $75 rewards pending, for making two $15 payments against my AT&T bill.  I thought I had messed that one up.

rated:
cpaynter said:   
invisible said:   
cpaynter said:   
invisible said:   
NEDeals said:   For some reason, my BoA deposit account was removed from the reward profiles, and this month my rewards were applied to my card balances. Fortunately this happened right after the card statements closed, so I had plenty of time to retrieve the negative balance on my cards. CSR put my BoA account back in my profiles, so hopefully the rewards will go directly to my deposit accounts in July.

If your $30 reward goes to the card and the statement closes without at least $30.01 in charges, you lose out for the quarter.

I know you were asking the OP, but since the same thing happened to me,
1. Apparently BofA changed the preference in my profile with no notice to me.
2. As is my daily habit I pulled up Mint on my phone to peruse status of all of my accounts and saw that my BofA credit card account had a credit balance of $22 and fortunately I still had a couple of days before statement cut to make a charge.

Chris.

Thanks, no this is helpful. I do not see anything like Rewards or anything related to that under acct profile. Where exactly do you see or detect that

Sorry, I was using "profile" in a generic sense.  It's actually simpler than that.  If you log into BofA, then click on your credit card account, below the Account Summary section there should be a Rewards section, with a link for "View Rewards Preference."  Click on that and you'll get another screen which will give you the options for the BBR credits.

To set your preference for BankAmeriDeals credits, you click on the "Special Offers & Deals" tab, then click on the "Preferences" tab.

Chris.

P.S.  Holy carp, I was just reviewing my post and see that I have $75 rewards pending, for making two $15 payments against my AT&T bill.  I thought I had messed that one up.

Thanks for the details/steps. I see mine is ok.

AT&T was 100 for me but I think there was a 75 one also for some. In my case I had both offers and after $15 ATT purchases none got activated so I complained and they activated 75 one. I complained that 100 was not yet active so they switched

rated:
invisible said:   

1.) No idea.  Only someone deep inside BoA would know.
2.) The expected credits did not take place to my deposit account.  My credit accounts had the deposits instead.  You can view all of this activity on your accounts online at bankofamerica.com

rated:
Existing BBR cardholders will remain as before, it’s only new applications that won’t be accepted starting June. Product-changing into the BBR card will likely also end at that time. Even now it’s difficult to find a rep who will do it, though there are sporadic reports of success. If you want to attempt it, probably better now than later. doesn't affect us!

rated:
Well, once banks stop offering cards like this to new applicants, they usually shut them down entirely within a couple of years. Oh, well. I only ended up with this card because my awesome Schwab 2% cash back card was converted to a crappy BoA card I didn't want, so I then converted it to this card and have used it solely to pay for a recurring monthly charge of $5 or so. It'll be interesting to see what they ultimately convert me into, but it'll probably end up in my sock drawer.

rated:
yurgreat said:   
yurgreat said:   mine still hasn't shown up yet
  saw my statement online.
no $25.

called.
csr said everything looks good and cant find a reason.
she submitted a ticket

got a letter from them.

"Payments received didn't exceed the minimum monthly payment requirement for all 3 months in the quarter."

WTF? I've charged at least $10 every month.
when did they implement a minimum monthly payment requirement?
And what is the minimum monthly payment requirement?

rated:
yurgreat said:   
yurgreat said:   
yurgreat said:   mine still hasn't shown up yet
  saw my statement online.
no $25.

called.
csr said everything looks good and cant find a reason.
she submitted a ticket

got a letter from them.

"Payments received didn't exceed the minimum monthly payment requirement for all 3 months in the quarter."

WTF? I've charged at least $10 every month.
when did they implement a minimum monthly payment requirement?
And what is the minimum monthly payment requirement?

They are pulling the same thing on me.  Maybe time to file complaints with helpwithmybank.com ?

rated:
There is no minimum amount to charge. There is a minimum amount to pay, and that's the minimum payment amount shown on the previous statement plus $.01 *or* the full statement balance, which must be more than zero.

AFAIK, nothing has changed that. So what were your statement balances in January, February and March, and what payments did you make in January, February, March and April?

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   There is no minimum amount to charge. There is a minimum amount to pay, and that's the minimum payment amount shown on the previous statement plus $.01 *or* the full statement balance, which must be more than zero.

AFAIK, nothing has changed that. So what were your statement balances in January, February and March, and what payments did you make in January, February, March and April?

Chris.

I've been paying the full statement balance, same as every other month for more than the past year.  I think they are seeing the balances are all less than $5 and targeting me now.

rated:
mcmike522 said:   
cpaynter said:   There is no minimum amount to charge. There is a minimum amount to pay, and that's the minimum payment amount shown on the previous statement plus $.01 *or* the full statement balance, which must be more than zero.

Chris.

I've been paying the full statement balance, same as every other month for more than the past year.  I think they are seeing the balances are all less than $5 and targeting me now.

Not sure on that -- I have been incurring $1.0x in charges and paying them off and no problem last few years, always get $30 back quarterly except once they missed emailing on statement and I missed paying

rated:
invisible said:   
mcmike522 said:   

Chris.

Not sure on that -- I have been incurring $1.0x in charges and paying them off and no problem last few years, always get $30 back quarterly except once they missed emailing on statement and I missed paying

On my latest call over there asking for my $30, the CSR said they sent me a letter explaining I failed to make my minimum payment one month last quarter.  I explained that was untrue, she investigated, and filled out the ticket to get me the $30 credit.  That credit was applied to my CC balance, not to my BofA account like it was supposed to.  Upset I had to waste 45 minutes of my life on the phone to get the lousy $30 they tried to cheat me out of. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017