• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Get $350 for opening an HSBC Advance account by doing the following:

- Begin a new HSBC Advance relationship or upgrade an existing U.S. non-Advance relationship by opening an HSBC Advance checking account from September 21, 2015 through and including November 20, 2015; AND
- Fund the relationship with a minimum of $10,000 in New Money by December 21, 2015; AND
- Maintain an average minimum balance of $10,000 in New Money from December 22, 2015 through and including March 21, 2016; AND
- Receive three qualifying direct deposits into your HSBC Advance checking account by March 21, 2016.

You also can get a referral bonus of $100 by getting a referral from someone.
Offer is currently on the homepage at https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking
The online application DOES NOT ask for a referral code. You must give it over the phone. 

Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep thread on topic. — Sep. 28, 2015 @ 11:45am
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can someone PM me a referral code to HSBC?

cnberger (Jan. 28, 2017 @ 8:19a) |

just got off the phone with csr

She said the bill pay needs to be done within the first month of opening the account othe... (more)

fleetwoodmac (Feb. 06, 2017 @ 2:29p) |

Looks like you got your wires crossed or something.  There are no bill pay requirements for the HSBC Advance bonus discu... (more)

NEDeals (Feb. 06, 2017 @ 2:40p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wow, look at all the fees on the account. Looks like you get charged for depositing, for withdrawing, for closing the account, for writing checks....

I'm still going to do it, but man...be careful with this one.

rated:
I opened a HSBC Advance checking account for $200 bonus last Oct/Nov, and that account was closed this June.
Whether I can jump for this $350?

Thanks.

rated:
ryoung81 said:   Wow, look at all the fees on the account. Looks like you get charged for depositing, for withdrawing, for closing the account, for writing checks....

I'm still going to do it, but man...be careful with this one.

  What are you stating?. If you keep the 10k plus 3 DD from work, you have no fees. You don't even have to actually use this acct, except to keep the funds in place. But you will pay a 25.00 fee if you close before 6 months. If you open the Advantage Master  Card credit card  you get another 150.00 for spending 1500 in 90 days, Easy to do but credit card has hard pull. So if possible+500.00!! I am interested. BTW, there is a 1.00 fee to open online... real cheap!

rated:
ryoung81 said:   Looks like you get charged for depositing, for withdrawing, for closing the account, for writing checks ....A fee for depositing ? A fee for making a withdrawal ?

rated:
LtWaldo said:   You also can get a referral bonus of $100 by getting a referral from someone.
 

  Not sure I understand this part. Are you saying that *I* can get an additional $100 if someone else refers me to HSBC? How exactly does that work?

rated:
swandown said:   
LtWaldo said:   You also can get a referral bonus of $100 by getting a referral from someone.
  Not sure I understand this part. Are you saying that *I* can get an additional $100 if someone else refers me to HSBC? How exactly does that work?

  
I opened an HSBC Premier account from a referral and got an extra $200. Basically, while on the phone opening the account, make sure you mention the referral info from the email the other account owner sends you before you applied for the account. Just say "a friend referred me" and give his/her name and the code. You can combine offers, as I did.

If you check the 1.5% APY HSBC Premier thread - many other people got the referral bonus as well.

rated:
ryoung81 said:   Wow, look at all the fees on the account. Looks like you get charged for depositing, for withdrawing, for closing the account, for writing checks....

I'm still going to do it, but man...be careful with this one.

  Mind linking to the page with all the fees?

rated:
Is there a min requirement of DD? I can't find it. It only says "Qualified" DD.

rated:
ensignlee said:   
ryoung81 said:   Wow, look at all the fees on the account. Looks like you get charged for depositing, for withdrawing, for closing the account, for writing checks....

I'm still going to do it, but man...be careful with this one.

  Mind linking to the page with all the fees?
 

 Terms and Fees

rated:
You rock, thank you jolapo

rated:
ussrfw said:   Whether I can jump for this $350?
Wow, just wow 
  

rated:
They will make it back in the long run

rated:
ussrfw said:   I opened a HSBC Advance checking account for $200 bonus last Oct/Nov, and that account was closed this June.
Whether I can jump for this $350?

Thanks.

  
Maybe.... "3 New Customer means a person who had not had nor maintained a U.S. HSBC Premier or Advance relationship on or after June 22, 2015."

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
ussrfw said:   Whether I can jump for this $350?
Wow, just wow 
  

  "Can" or "May" in this case, but yeah.

rated:
Check your mail as well. I got an offer for $400 only available in Branch. Think a lot of people in NYC got it in the mail for the same account instead of the $350.

rated:
had to reach the Specialized Department(very much overwhelmed)..they have disabled direct number to them.8445531088
its been one week unable to reach,, have set up a callback yesterday..i have spent so far 3 hours so far.

its frustrating why they make so hard to open an account over phone

rated:
 It's $750 for $100,000

rated:
Getting in with the referral deal on this has been very difficult.

I called the phone number I got with the referral info. After 15 minutes on hold they told me I had to apply online and the online application would ask for the referral code.

Applied online, didn't get asked for referral code.

Tried calling the number I got at the end of the application process. Spent 30 minutes on hold and gave up.

rated:
vegas4x4 said:   Getting in with the referral deal on this has been very difficult.

I called the phone number I got with the referral info. After 15 minutes on hold they told me I had to apply online and the online application would ask for the referral code.

Applied online, didn't get asked for referral code.

Tried calling the number I got at the end of the application process. Spent 30 minutes on hold and gave up.

  If I were you, I'd call again. They have different numbers and may transfer it. HSBC is very frustrating to open an account. Wait until you have to deal with opening/activating online access...that takes even longer. But the cash/promos were worth the time.

rated:
vegas4x4 said:   Getting in with the referral deal on this has been very difficult.

I called the phone number I got with the referral info. After 15 minutes on hold they told me I had to apply online and the online application would ask for the referral code.

Applied online, didn't get asked for referral code.

Tried calling the number I got at the end of the application process. Spent 30 minutes on hold and gave up.

  if you happen to live near one, branch works out.

rated:
Me too. Applied online, and nowhere to enter referral code. After I finished the application online, then tried to call in to ask the Rep to manually apply the code.

Got hold and blah blah…blah for half an hour, then said that referral code can only be used by phone or go to a branch to apply

Canceled the application, then went to a branch to open an account yesterday. I was told that the one who opens a account only receive $350 (the greater of $350 and $100), but the one referred you will get $100 tho. Just a bit disappointed, and not sure if I want to open an account yet.

rated:
fatasswithbigtits said:   Me too. Applied online, and nowhere to enter referral code. After I finished the application online, then tried to call in to ask the Rep to manually apply the code.

Got hold and blah blah…blah for half an hour, then said that referral code can only be used by phone or go to a branch to apply

Canceled the application, then went to a branch to open an account yesterday. I was told that the one who opens a account only receive $350 (the greater of $350 and $100), but the one referred you will get $100 tho. Just a bit disappointed, and not sure if I want to open an account yet.

  I guess this deal is YMMV. I opened an HSBC Premier account by phone and got the referral bonus.

rated:
Guys, any hard pull on opening this account?

rated:
arsenalfan said:   Guys, any hard pull on opening this account?
  Not for me.

rated:
Thanks.

rated:
Too many complains for HSBC ... Cannot believe they give hard time withdrawing your own money, specially when there is no Branch in your state.

rated:
jolapo said:   Is there a min requirement of DD? I can't find it. It only says "Qualified" DD.
  have you found out. I remember the agent said no minimum. But don't see anything stated. i am planning $100 deposit

rated:
I DD 25.00 from work. Got an email stating "I am on my way to getting $350.00 bonus. Just keep making DD". My first DD showed up 2 weeks ago. Branch also told me no minimum for this. But of course they have my 10K.

rated:
Barry, how much time between when the DD was received and when you got the email?

rated:
about 6 days. MY 2nd 25.00 DD went in this past fri

rated:
are people sending secure messages to HSBC about the bonus today? Or wait and see?

rated:
the bonus does not post til 3 months after you opened acct. I guess if you opened it in Sept, you should get it now. Please let us know !!

rated:
barrytuneup said:   the bonus does not post til 3 months after you opened acct. I guess if you opened it in Sept, you should get it now. Please let us know !!
  
They claimed the bonus posts 8 weeks after March 21st (ie May 26th).  I thought it was supposed to post on March 21st.  I was told that if I downgraded the account that they would not pay the bonus but they were not able to produce any documentation on either.

Anyone have better information?

rated:
The terms are here:
Dear [user],

We are pleased to tell you that you're on the way to receiving a $350 thank you gift from HSBC. As you have opened and fully funded a new HSBC Advance relationship, you have met the initial requirements of the HSBC Advance New Customer Offer.

To ensure you remain eligible to earn the $350 deposit to your Advance account, you now need to:
Continue to maintain an average1 minimum balance of $10,000 in New Money2 from December 22, 2015 through and including March 21, 2016; and
If you haven't already done so, receive three qualifying direct deposits3 into your HSBC Advance checking account by March 21, 2016.

Please call us at 866.584.4722 if you have any questions about this offer. We look forward to becoming a part of your supporting cast.

Together, We Advance.

1. Average for offer will be calculated using weekly balances of the program period December 22, 2015 through March 21, 2016. A monthly maintenance fee will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained for your relationship.

2. New Money is defined as funds or positions not previously held by any member of the HSBC Group in the U.S. Accounts/Assets that are ineligible for inclusion in the offer or for determination of New Money include: insurance products, including fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts including but not limited to IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs and 401(k) Plans; corporate accounts; commercial balances; and revocable and irrevocable trust accounts.

3. Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government into your HSBC Advance checking account.

Qualified customers will automatically receive a deposit in their HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks from March 21, 2016. HSBC Advance checking account must be open and in good standing at the time of gift fulfillment. Limit one thank you gift deposit of up to $350 per customer, including all individual and joint accounts - the first line name on the joint account is considered the customer for gift purposes. In situations where multiple offers are available, HSBC Bank USA, N.A. will fulfill the highest value offer you are eligible to receive. The thank you gift deposit to your HSBC Advance checking account will be reported on the applicable IRS form(s). This offer is nontransferable. Funds used to qualify for this offer cannot be used to qualify for any other promotional offer sponsored by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at its sole discretion.

Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.

rated:
Customer service sent a cookie-cutter response that bonus should post 8 weeks after 3/21

rated:
I received $350 bonus on 4/21. "2015 4Q New Advance Customer Offer". According to my records I still have to keep the account open until 5/16 so I'll close it in the end of May.

rated:
What are some of the perks of this account while I still have it in case I need them for the time being? I read online about the accoutn's free travel insurance that seems like a nice perk although not really needed for me, anything else that was clear from the website?

rated:
emgeecee said:   What are some of the perks of this account while I still have it in case I need them for the time being? I read online about the accoutn's free travel insurance that seems like a nice perk although not really needed for me, anything else that was clear from the website?
Where did you read about the travel insurance? I did a quick search and it appears this benefit is applicable to the UK accounts. It is indeed typical for premium accounts in the UK to provide such benefits.  

Skipping 17 Messages...
rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   just got off the phone with csr

She said the bill pay needs to be done within the first month of opening the account otherwise there is no bonus

I opened on November and did my first billpay yesterday and she said no bonus

Just to let you guys know

  
Looks like you got your wires crossed or something.  There are no bill pay requirements for the HSBC Advance bonus discussed in this thread.  There were account opening, minimum balances, and Direct Deposits that needed to be completed in 2016.  Please read the OP in this thread for details.  There are other HSBC bonuses, dates, and requirements in other threads.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017