• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
At topic's start:
I didn't see $300 posted for this bank...Get coupon quick:
https://www.key.com/personal/promotions/my-300.jsp?#emailme 

Wikipedia says: 1,000 KeyBank[4] branches, located in Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington. 
My take: no other states will work. As to DD, opinions differ on whether your own ACH push will count. In any case, you have 2 months to arrange for DD.

June 2016 edit: $400 bonus (up from previous $300 offer earlier in the year!) Thank you member glocks for updating!!!!!
https://www.key.com/personal/promotions/dda/premium-products-get-400.jsp?sqkl=get400cash_alias_16Q2 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
DP:

09/28 - $503 pushed in from Alliant
11/28 - $300 bonus posted

dl73 (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 9:35p) |

thank you, applied

friendlysparrow (Jan. 09, 2017 @ 4:00p) |

My DD hit at 62 days so no bonus for me.

vrm810 (Jan. 17, 2017 @ 4:14p) |

Key Bank said: Get $300
Open a qualifying checking account using offer code EDGT0316 by 4/29/16. Make one direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening

Updated: EDGT0916 by 10/7/16. For Key Express Checking, to waive the $7 monthly fee, you need to make more than $500 in deposits or 8 transactions per statement cycle.

Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Correct...tried an IL zip and it didn't let me proceed.

rated:
need more cali love

rated:
Offer is available to new bank clients who have not had any type of account with KeyBank within the last 12 months. Receive $300 when you open a Key Express (this is the basic banking account in New York), Key Advantage®, Key Privilege® or Key Privilege Select Checking® Account online between 01/25/2016 and 03/25/2016 and make one direct deposit of $500 at the minimum within 60 days after account opening. Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual. The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT. Your gift will be deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements. If you close your Account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee. Other miscellaneous charges may apply. Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift fulfillment are not eligible for this offer. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, Non-Individual, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. Offer code/coupon IS REQUIRED and cannot be sold. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.

You are receiving this message because the email address above was provided when requesting this coupon. Please disregard this message if you did not request this coupon.

KeyBank Instructions: Enter the Event Code during the Account Opening to ensure the customer is eligible for the promotional offer.

rated:
can we put zip in another state and then live in another? think it will work?

rated:
Great deal. Unfortunately, signed up for a new account back in January for the $200 offer. I'd jump on this though if they have banking in your state and you haven't had an account in the last 12 months.

rated:
SinglePapa said:   I didn't see $300 posted for this bank...Get coupon quick:

Wikipedia says: 1,000 KeyBank[4] branches, located in Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington. 
My take: no other states will work. As to DD, opinions differ on whether your own ACH push will count. In any case, you have 2 months to arrange for it

Brokerage accounts should work for this. Worked for me with Chuck

rated:
extended

rated:
mabraham said:   can we put zip in another state and then live in another? think it will work?
I'd like to know this, too. I find that you must enter a zip code in an area where there is a Key Bank branch; otherwise, it will not let you apply online. (like NYC versus Rochester, NY). Their online application does not allow you to change the zip to a zip code outside their coverage state.

rated:
moneytree84 said:   
SinglePapa said:   I didn't see $300 posted for this bank...Get coupon quick:

My take: no other states will work. As to DD, opinions differ on whether your own ACH push will count. In any case, you have 2 months to arrange for it

Brokerage accounts should work for this. Worked for me with Chuck

How recently? Was it for this same $300 offer? How long did it take to get the bonus?

I pushed from Ally on 3/22, still no bonus as of 4/10.

I guess if no bonus by the time statement ends on 4/17, I'll try a push from TD Ameritrade.

rated:
Here is my data point:

03/31 $500 DD from employer
04/18 $300 bonus posted as "gift from Key bank for recent offer"

rated:
andrey2506 said:   Here is my data point:

03/31 $500 DD from employer
04/18 $300 bonus posted as "gift from Key bank for recent offer"

Thanks! Here's mine, pretty similar:

3/17: Opened KeyBank account with promo code
3/22: ACH push from Ally of $505 arrived at Key
3/23: Key opening deposit of $25 pulled from Ally showed up at Key (yes, strangely, after my push from Ally)
4/18: $300 bonus from Key arrived (on the day my Key statement cycled)

rated:
Curious if any other ACH pushes are allowed? Fidelity brokerage, HSBC, etc? TIA.

Edit: Did some digging and found these as working in the past for direct deposit. Think I'll try the PayPal push.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-...

Key Bank
The following count as a direct deposit:

• Ally ACH: 1 
  • American Express:

• Serve: 1 

• Capital One 360: 1 
  • E*Trade: 1 
  • Paypal: 12 
  • TD Ameritrade: 1 

rated:
An interesting double-dip: Keybank is now also showing a $50 refer-a-friend code. The only problem: it says friend will get $100 (it doesn't say friend can get $300). So can anyone figure out how to get $50 referral - while friend getting $300?

rated:
rumor(?): $350.00 for opening standard plus premium chk acc + direct deposit totaling $6000 within 90 days. Anyone knows code?

rated:
edit.

rated:
I haven't seen $350. Only this one; and it's still online even though it expired yesterday.
Get $300 Open a qualifying checking account using offer code EDGT0516 by 5/20/16. Make one direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening.1Select an Account.

rated:
Confirmed $350 per above: someone received via snail mail. I'd love the code

rated:

rated:
glocks said:   rec'd $400 offer in mail: https://www.key.com/personal/promotions/dda/premium-products-get-400.jsp?sqkl=get400cash_alias_16Q2
  thanks for posting! but what do u mean "in mail"?

rated:
need personalized offer code (ie reservation #).  sent via snail mail.

rated:
glocks said:   need personalized offer code (ie reservation #).  sent via snail mail.
  interesting! I notice that not every zipcode can open on-line; it may tell u to visit branch. Now, branch has the ability to generate code - so u don't have to wait for any snail mailed code

rated:
SinglePapa said:   glocks said:   need personalized offer code (ie reservation #).  sent via snail mail.
  interesting! I notice that not every zipcode can open on-line; it may tell u to visit branch. Now, branch has the ability to generate code - so u don't have to wait for any snail mailed code

Key Bank only serves about 12 states. I live in California but put in a Portland Oregon zip code to get me started. When I got to the part to enter my address, the state was grayed out with "OR" in the text box. When I changed the zip code to my California zip, the website stopped me and listed the 12 states I must live in.

I've seen similar before. The bank will probably let you keep your accounts if you move from, let's say, Oregon to California, but doesn't accept new accounts from California.

rated:
NYC zip code does not work from promo page to application page; edit add..but putting Buffalo, NY zip works.

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   NYC zip code does not work from promo page to application page; edit add..but putting Buffalo, NY zip works.
  NYC zipcode just directs u to open at 11e22st branch (80 feet from subway); what's the big deal??

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
glocks said:   need personalized offer code (ie reservation #).  sent via snail mail.

It is confirmed the branch can generate the reservation code? I don't see any option for receiving it snail mail.

rated:
Corndogg said:   Curious if any other ACH pushes are allowed? Fidelity brokerage, HSBC, etc? TIA.

Edit: Did some digging and found these as working in the past for direct deposit. Think I'll try the PayPal push.

Key Bank

• American Express:

Update: It doesn't look like my Paypal transfers activated the $300 cashback bonus. I opened an Ally Savings account this morning and have to say I am extremely impressed with the ease and speed of the account opening process. I was already able to log in and link my and DW's KeyBank accounts. Ally opening deposit should be available within 3 business days and I can push to KeyBank before the 60 day opening ACH is required for deposit, ending 6/21. You are AWESOME Ally! From the previous successful ACH data point you may have just saved my $600.

rated:
bioscm said:   
SinglePapa said:   

It is confirmed the branch can generate the reservation code? I don't see any option for receiving it snail mail.

Manhattan does

rated:
Can someone clarify how to have the reservation code sent via mail? Or is this a targeted offer and no way to get on it?

rated:
freeka said:   Can someone clarify how to have the reservation code sent via mail? Or is this a targeted offer and no way to get on it?
  why do u bring up term "targeted", when the $400 bonus is advertised on keybank.com

EDIT: amazingly, Keybank did Target some addressees with the "reservation code". Never seen this before: offer is posted on their website BUT IS TARGETED. No one seems to be able to generate $400 code

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
freeka said:   Can someone clarify how to have the reservation code sent via mail? Or is this a targeted offer and no way to get on it?
  why do u bring up term "targeted", when the $400 bonus is advertised on keybank.com

When you apply online, there are fields for both the reservation code AND the offer code. Maybe both are needed for this to go through? I'm also in NYC and I'm curious if a visit to the branch is necessary 

rated:
Yes, NYC residents open in branch. already covered above...

As to any problem with email code, just call and get it - any problem with that?

rated:
anyone's timeline on received bonus?

rated:
how can you tell if any ACH worked or not? i'd like to try USAA but i don't want the 60 day window to expire then find out it didn't work.

rated:
SinglePapa said:   anyone's timeline on received bonus?

As a Data point:

Opened account On 4/20.  Forgot to write down the account number, so had to wait a while to get something in the mail before ACH.
Pushed from Ally, which arrived on 5/16.  ACH only took a couple days, but I'm too lazy to look up when I initiated it.
Got bonus ($300) on 6/10.  

ETA:  Questions - On the $400 offer, do you not need to request a code, since it's right there on the website?  Also, do they limit by household?  Can I open one for my wife at the same address?  

rated:
I'm not seeing on the site - link?

rated:
Use offer code RETK0516 with your reservation number, when prompted.

rated:
Corndogg said:   
Corndogg said:   Curious if any other ACH pushes are allowed? Fidelity brokerage, HSBC, etc? TIA.

Key Bank

• American Express:

Update: It doesn't look like my Paypal transfers activated the $300 cashback bonus. I opened an Ally Savings account this morning and have to say I am extremely impressed with the ease and speed of the account opening process. I was already able to log in and link my and DW's KeyBank accounts. Ally opening deposit should be available within 3 business days and I can push to KeyBank before the 60 day opening ACH is required for deposit, ending 6/21. You are AWESOME Ally! From the previous successful ACH data point you may have just saved my $600.

Update #2:  The $300 bonus posted on 6/10 for both of the KeyBank Accounts for me and spouse. This showed up while the Ally bank transfer was pending (from Ally) but had not yet posted to KeyBank. It would appear to me that there was just a delay with funding the bonus after the PayPal transfer and that actually DID work. Ally funding should show up in another business day or two. Well, now I have an open Ally account too for later bonuses down the road. Thanks KeyBank!

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   Use offer code RETK0516 with your reservation number, when prompted.

When I tried to complete this for my wife, it wants the reservation number also, but I don't know how to get one.  What am I missing here?

When I did the $300 one, I got an email that gave me a similar code, but also gave me a reservation number if I wanted to call into a branch.  I actually did it online, and I can't remember if I needed both numbers or not.  But, this time, it certainly seems to want both numbers completed.  

Who's done the $400 offer?  Did you only use the above code as the offer code?  Did you put anything into the reservation code box?

Skipping 42 Messages...
rated:
My DD hit at 62 days so no bonus for me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017