BofA Cash Rewards Credit Card $200 Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bank of American is offering a branded (NY Yankees) cash rewards Mastercard credit card with $200 bonus for $500 spend in 90 days https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VACMNL&#b Don’t know if this is targeted or not so YMWV 

Member Summary

Major League Baseball BAC Cash Rewards
Thanks JW10
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can you check the link? Does not seem to work. Thanks

ldthinh (Aug. 31, 2016 @ 8:49a) |

I don't know what happened. If it continues to fail, go to the BankAmerica dot com website.
select Credit Cards
select Ca... (more)

JW10 (Aug. 31, 2016 @ 9:19a) |

The bonus is only $100, not $200.

ldthinh (Aug. 31, 2016 @ 10:33a) |

UPDATED LINK August 31st  (You may select the team of your choice)

"https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/mlb-credit-cards/
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How did you find out about this......did you get e-mail or snail message addressed to you?


Thanks for that link. The application looks the same as OP's. I tried calling w/ the priority code and the rep said I had to apply online even though the application said I could apply by phone.
Does that mean it's targeted and I would be wasting my time?..........might get a card and spend that $500 but not get that bonus?

During the card activation process I always confirm with the CSR that the bonus is coded in their system. I have several instances where the online application process conveniently drops the promotion code but the CSR always inputs it. If they refuse I would simply close the account.

bbqnosher said:   During the card activation process I always confirm with the CSR that the bonus is coded in their system. I have several instances where the online application process conveniently drops the promotion code but the CSR always inputs it. If they refuse I would simply close the account.
  Excellent suggestion.

Does BoA have a limit on the number of cards you can have with them? Or on the number of cash rewards mc/visa you can have with them?

Is the priority code unique (one of a kind) or generic (more than one person gets the same code)?   They request that if you call in to apply.

kaneohe said:   Is the priority code unique (one of a kind) or generic (more than one person gets the same code)?   They request that if you call in to apply.
  I keep getting VACMNL which is actually embedded in the link itself.

Is there a yearly fee?

kingdoodler said:   Is there a yearly fee?
No annual fee; but you might have to be a "Yankee fan" if you use it.

El_Duderino said:   
kaneohe said:   Is the priority code unique (one of a kind) or generic (more than one person gets the same code)?   They request that if you call in to apply.
  I keep getting VACMNL which is actually embedded in the link itself.

  Thanks, that's what I get too.   Is that because everybody gets the same code or is that because this is a copy of one person's code.........that is, does everybody who gets the e-mail get
a separate code which would suggest it can't be used by more than one person or does everyone who gets an e-mail get the same code.    The telephone rep asks where the code comes from.....
what's the right answer?

I would like to get the bonus and then convert it to Better Balance Rewards™ Card. Is it possible? TIA.

...and now with your choice of teams!
I received this directly from MLB Partners.com.
Enjoy!

stubotz said:   ...and now with your choice of teams! 
I received this directly from MLB Partners.com.
Enjoy!

  Woohooooo. Thank you!

buried in T&C........    You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.***********************************************************************************************************

Anyone ever get 1099-MISC?    from BA based on cc sign up bonus?
                    

Interesting on the 1099. I've never gotten a 1099 from ANY sign-up bonuses.

stubotz said:   ...and now with your choice of teams! 
I received this directly from MLB Partners.com.
Enjoy!

  
Green for you; the wife was instantly approved for a $15K CL!

From what I can tell, this link doesn't "drop" the $200 promo during the online application process; the T&C on the application verification page made specific mention of the bonus after I completed the form. 

Also makes idly me wonder which teams' applicant population has the best/worst credit profile.

fatasswithbigtits said:   I would like to get the bonus and then convert it to Better Balance Rewards™ Card. Is it possible? TIA.
  No. PCs to the BBR are a no go as of late 2014. Many people were doing exactly what you describe: collecting the bonus then converting the card. So BOA put a stop to it.

If you call many, many times, a few people have squeaked through with the PC but generally it's a no go.

interesting question on the 1099s...minimum required reporting is $600 which nearly all cc bonuses would fall under, and i'm sure banks absolutely don't want the hassle of issuing them if they can avoid it (and ticking off customers)..not sure if some of the premium cards with, say, 100K mile bonuses issue a 1099 since arguable 100K miles is worth over $600.

The IRS form 1099 being mentioned in the T&C on various offers has popped up in a few other offers, but I do not recall any follow up comments.
Approved instantly.

HARD credit bureau pull - Experian 

Card arrived 03/22/2016 with welcome kit

This card says Cash Rewards on the card, so I would be surprised if we can also get the $100 reward for a Cash Rewards card without a team name on it.

 We’re sorry but we’re unable to give you a decision at this time.What’s next?We are reviewing your application and will send you a letter letting you know our decision.We appreciate your interest. Thanks again.

Now what?    How to follow up?   or do I have to wait for the letter?

1. Wait for the decision
2. Call BofA and offer to supply any additional info they might require. If you applied for a Bank of America credit card online, you can check the status of your application online. You can also check the status by calling us at 1.866.422.8089.
3. https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/application-status/ap...

Never had a 1099 issued from a CC bonus...whether points or cash or points converted to cash.   Always received 1099 from a bank deposit promotion..... such as opening a checking or savings account

Thanks  15k instant. 

Nice instant approval

approved instantly. Will they overnight CC w/o charge?

bbqnosher said:   1. Wait for the decision
2. Call BofA and offer to supply any additional info they might require. If you applied for a Bank of America credit card online, you can check the status of your application online. You can also check the status by calling us at 1.866.422.8089.
3. https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/application-status/app-status-form.go

Never had a 1099 issued from a CC bonus...whether points or cash or points converted to cash.   Always received 1099 from a bank deposit promotion..... such as opening a checking or savings account

  Is it better to wait until you get a letter or to talk to them while  they are making a decision?

Depends on how serious you are in the offer. IMHO I would call before the final decision is made.....it could be something minor which could be taken care of easily. if you wait it might be too late.

bbqnosher said:   Depends on how serious you are in the offer. IMHO I would call before the final decision is made.....it could be something minor which could be taken care of easily. if you wait it might be too late.
  Thanks......appreciate your opinion.  

edit to add: after a couple days of suspense, I called the number listed above and found out it was approved........so thanks to all, OP for posting offer, those
who posted contact toll free numbers and those who had other helpful suggestions.......including yet to be confirmed signup bonus when confirming receipt 
of card.

I got approved but I forgot to pick a team. Guess its just gonna have MLB on it.

Just got an Atlanta Braves one.  $13K instant.  Thanks!

Received BofA credit card today. Among the plethora of terms and conditions was a separate collateral describing the $200 bonus for the $500 spend in 90 days. Confirmed with customer service during card activation that the bonus was indeed coded with the account. The 90 day clock starts the date of the application...... not the date of card activation.....so the time period is slightly less than 90 days

Im better off with what i have give me better offer

gregwmoore said:   Im better off with what i have give me better offer
  Sorry, fresh out of better offers.

Any other BofA cards worth applying for with this since they combine inquiries?

I am considering the AICPA for the 175.  But I don't like the idea of having two new credit lines, which will bring down average age of credit.

Personally, I like lower required spends. The higher required spends keeps me away from app-o-rama behaviors to the point that I got down to one HP in the past couple of years. I have my new mortgage that I do not foresee modifying in my lifetime, so I picked up a couple of CC just because I like those programs. This week, I went for the signup rewards. With the lower spend requirements, I was able to pull in more total signup money than I could with higher spend requirements. In the process, I am improving the bottom number of my total utilization number.
I am not that worried by average age of credit as much as I am watching my total utilization number which is a larger factor in most FICO and FAKO scores.

Plus one for the AICPA. Ended up getting approved for the MLB, AICPA, ABA, and I had an offer for a regular better balance in my account. $750 total for $2000 spend in what should be one pull.

LaChupacabraj said:   Plus one for the AICPA. Ended up getting approved for the MLB, AICPA, ABA, and I had an offer for a regular better balance in my account. $750 total for $2000 spend in what should be one pull.
  Did you get instant online approval for all 4 cards, and did you apply for each card sequentially one after another?

Considering applying for MLB and ABA  together, but I got approved for AICPA in early January, wondering if its too soon to apply to BAC again?

Skipping 55 Messages...
JW10 said:   I don't know what happened. If it continues to fail, go to the BankAmerica dot com website.
select Credit Cards
select Cash Back Credit Cards
scroll down a couple of cards.

  The bonus is only $100, not $200.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017